Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Recruited for football?

Small world, indeed. The guy in my office, sits six feet away from me. Never met him until he started working with me. Turns out, UCOnn grad also, same time as me, had the same classes, and same professors. Dude even lived in the next dorm over, about 100 feet away. We even knew the same people.
    Yep football. I remember being a junior and getting letters (pre internet) every week from them. I never even visited the campus but I do root for them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1h
    Brock Nelson leaving Coliseum with his gear, headed to Bridgeport. Will play tomorrow, then #Isles will decide on a possible recall.

Way to go Cappy. I'm so glad PMB is in the line-up
    At least he was not down at Bridgeport for long:

NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 2h
    #ISLES TRANSACTION NEWS: Forward Brock Nelson has been recalled from @TheSoundTigers - http://nyisl.es/q12ml

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    At least he was not down at Bridgeport for long:

NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 2h
    #ISLES TRANSACTION NEWS: Forward Brock Nelson has been recalled from @TheSoundTigers - http://nyisl.es/q12ml
    Lets just hope Cappy doesn't scratch him again.

All Pro
    Lets just hope Cappy doesn't scratch him again.
    Doubt that he will, at least while Grabs is serving his suspension:

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 37m
    Grabner gets 2-game suspension from @NHLPlayerSafety. Will miss Tues vs. VAN and Fri at Pitt

All League
    Doubt that he will, at least while Grabs is serving his suspension:

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 37m
    Grabner gets 2-game suspension from @NHLPlayerSafety. Will miss Tues vs. VAN and Fri at Pitt
    I saw that earlier and thought that was quite harsh for someone like Grabs. Has the guy even been fined at any time in his career? Grabs out for 2 and Viz on IR. That stings and now we need Donovan too step up on the PP.

And at least I will get my wish seeing Nelson for the next two games. It just sucks the circumstances that led to it.

I wonder if they call-up DeHaan being so short on Dmen.

All Pro
    I saw that earlier and thought that was quite harsh for someone like Grabs. Has the guy even been fined at any time in his career? Grabs out for 2 and Viz on IR. That stings and now we need Donovan too step up on the PP.

And at least I will get my wish seeing Nelson for the next two games. It just sucks the circumstances that led to it.

I wonder if they call-up DeHaan being so short on Dmen.
    I am guessing that they will bring back Radek Martinek. I believe he has been skating with the team the last few days.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I am guessing that they will bring back Radek Martinek. I believe he has been skating with the team the last few days.
    I suspect you're right, which is a shame. No reason not to give CdH a shot. If he plays well in a short stint up here, he can perhaps be in the mix going forward. The best you can say about Martinek is that he's been here before and won't take a **** on the faceoff circle. Beyond that, the guy is pretty shot. Hard worker, but not sure he has it anymore.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I suspect you're right, which is a shame. No reason not to give CdH a shot. If he plays well in a short stint up here, he can perhaps be in the mix going forward. The best you can say about Martinek is that he's been here before and won't take a **** on the faceoff circle. Beyond that, the guy is pretty shot. Hard worker, but not sure he has it anymore.
    I agree with you about deHaan. I would like to see him get a shot before Martinek and if he is not ready, Martinek should still be available if needed. I don't see any other teams in a rush to sign him. Any word on how long Vishnovsky is expected to be out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

All League
    I agree with you about deHaan. I would like to see him get a shot before Martinek and if he is not ready, Martinek should still be available if needed. I don't see any other teams in a rush to sign him. Any word on how long Vishnovsky is expected to be out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I just assumed Dehann because he is on offensive Dman like the one we lost in Viz. Regarding Viz, only thing I heard is a minimum three games. But we know how tricky concussions can be.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Was there ever a corresponding roster move when Brock was sent down or was it left open in order to bring him back?

I suppose tonight they will simply dress Carkner and then decide on a roster move afterwards. With Grabs out, Nelson will presumably be in the lineup with Boulton sitting. I hope.

I like having one of Boulton/Cark in the lineup if possible. It certainly doesn't need to be both.

All League
    Was there ever a corresponding roster move when Brock was sent down or was it left open in order to bring him back?

I suppose tonight they will simply dress Carkner and then decide on a roster move afterwards. With Grabs out, Nelson will presumably be in the lineup with Boulton sitting. I hope.

I like having one of Boulton/Cark in the lineup if possible. It certainly doesn't need to be both.

Tweets All / No replies
    MacDonald will take Visnovsky's spot on 1st unit PP. Donovan/Bouchard on 2nd unit PP points.
    Expand
    Nelson will play with Regin and Clutterbuck, Donovan will pair with Strait, Hickey with Carkner. #Isles
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 2h
    Nabokov will be in goal for #Isles tonight.
    Expand

Only one guy left in the pressbox....Boulton.

And now for my latest rant. Amac on the first PP......way to go Cappy. Guy shouldn't be on the second PP unit let alone the first. But considering it's Cappy how could you not see it coming.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Tweets All / No replies
    MacDonald will take Visnovsky's spot on 1st unit PP. Donovan/Bouchard on 2nd unit PP points.
    Expand
    Nelson will play with Regin and Clutterbuck, Donovan will pair with Strait, Hickey with Carkner. #Isles
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 2h
    Nabokov will be in goal for #Isles tonight.
    Expand

Only one guy left in the pressbox....Boulton.

And now for my latest rant. Amac on the first PP......way to go Cappy. Guy shouldn't be on the second PP unit let alone the first. But considering it's Cappy how could you not see it coming.
    I like these D pairings at least with respect to Hickey having some muscle behind him. He's rarely out of position but he just gets out-manned.

Cappy doesn't really have many options as far as PP. Who should go in his stead? We've already got two Fwds playing the point on the PP...we simply don't have anyone else. I suppose Hickey could play the point but as that any better than AMac? Lubo and Donovan are our only real puck moving defensemen.

All League
    I like these D pairings at least with respect to Hickey having some muscle behind him. He's rarely out of position but he just gets out-manned.

Cappy doesn't really have many options as far as PP. Who should go in his stead? We've already got two Fwds playing the point on the PP...we simply don't have anyone else. I suppose Hickey could play the point but as that any better than AMac? Lubo and Donovan are our only real puck moving defensemen.
    I'd go with:
    Donovan-Neilsen PP1
    Hamonic-Hickey PP2

Hammer has been moving the puck nicely this year....but he's still having problems getting his shot through. The only one getting his through with any consistency this year IMO has bee Donovan. Hope we get Viz back soon because that is a big blow to this team.

All League

Fvckin Nappy allows a rebound goal 16 seconds after the isles take a 2-0 lead.

Better to blow the lead now, instead of the third, I guess.

Seriously, Poulin must be terrible if Nappys still playing and not takin a game off.

All League
    And there it is.

Napped allowed 2 goals on 7 shots? Enough already.

All League
    Seriously, is it the D, or Nappy?

I see Loungo making nice saves, and I see the puck anywhere near Nappy, and it goes in. Wtf?

All League
    Nappy sets up Higgins width the perfect rebound. 17 seconds left.

What an ass hole.

Can the clown finally e benched? Seriously, Nappy is the isles equivalent of Sanchez.

All League
    Pretty pathetic.

D gets as much blame as Nappy. I don't understand why they have such a hard time clearing the zone. Like the keystone cops trying to get the puck out.

And what the fvck were they doing on that OT goal? Saw that goal coming a mile away.

I don't see how Poulin could do any worse.
    Last edited by Big L; 10-22-2013 at 09:53 PM.

All League
    Nabby had a rough game to put it mildly. Now Cappy will insert Poulin either the next friday or saturday......and coming off of weeks of rust, he will struggle. I don't think there is an Isles fan on the planet that didn't want too upgrade the goaltending. I wish Cappy would at least give Poulin some games. And I mean some games in a row.

The good I saw tonight was the rooks. Nelson played physical along the boards and in front of the net. He had one goal that easily could have been two.

And Donovan showed more offensive ability than anyone other named Viz. He carried the puck deep, made great passes, and he hits the net. Consistently.

Overall tough loss because most of the team played well.

Now when Grabs comes back and Nelson is scratched I'm gonna lose it. Same as Viz coming back and Donovan being scratched. I'm gonna lose it.

FU Cappy

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Last year, Nabby earned the benefit of the doubt.

This year, it's a different story. he gives up too many soft goals, too many rebounds that should be held...

Time to play the kid. He can't possibly be much of a downgrade in net.