Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Cappy gets capped, who would be his replacement?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Weight, almost certainly. I think he has more sway in the organization now anyway. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Laviolette back here. Hopefully its moot and this team gets its **** together.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Weight, almost certainly. I think he has more sway in the organization now anyway. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Laviolette back here. Hopefully its moot and this team gets its **** together.
    Duh, Weight. Right under my nose, didn't even think of him. I would be happy with that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a rumor from somewhere or just wishful thinking?

The Isles would have to completely go in the tank for them to fire Capuano this season. I really don't want that to happen. And I'm really not sure why anyone would think Weight is ready to lead the team....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Is this a rumor from somewhere or just wishful thinking?

The Isles would have to completely go in the tank for them to fire Capuano this season. I really don't want that to happen. And I'm really not sure why anyone would think Weight is ready to lead the team....
    Please enlighten us with your next HC choice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm psyched!

Taking the family to the game on Saturday night and now we are bringing my 7 yr old nephew as well. My bro in law is a diehard Ranger fan but has never taken my nephew to a game yet as Ranger games are stupidly expensive and they're busy, etc. etc. He said it was OK to take him to the game and doesn't care if he roots for the Isles, especially as its Boston.

So, I just got great seats for the game - just to the left of the penalty boxes abotu 10 rows up - I'm going to take them for warmups, and I got a video message on the scoreboard for my nephew going up during the 2nd period "(Cousin) How about dem Islanders? Love, (son1) (son2)." This is my guerrila tactic to make him an Islander fan. It will drive my Bro in Law nuts.

Tickets $55/each
    Video Msg $75
    Look on your BIL's face when he finds out his son is and Islander fan? Priceless!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Please enlighten us with your next HC choice.
    I have no idea. My knowledge of the NHL is not that deep. But I think the conversation is moot because of what I said. Unless the team goes into a death spiral, Cappy is going to be the coach. Period, end of story.

Two points tomorrow night would be nice.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 10-31-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm psyched!

Taking the family to the game on Saturday night and now we are bringing my 7 yr old nephew as well. My bro in law is a diehard Ranger fan but has never taken my nephew to a game yet as Ranger games are stupidly expensive and they're busy, etc. etc. He said it was OK to take him to the game and doesn't care if he roots for the Isles, especially as its Boston.

So, I just got great seats for the game - just to the left of the penalty boxes abotu 10 rows up - I'm going to take them for warmups, and I got a video message on the scoreboard for my nephew going up during the 2nd period "(Cousin) How about dem Islanders? Love, (son1) (son2)." This is my guerrila tactic to make him an Islander fan. It will drive my Bro in Law nuts.

Tickets $55/each
    Video Msg $75
    Look on your BIL's face when he finds out his son is and Islander fan? Priceless!
    That is awesome. Make sure this is all documented with video. Spring it on him during the Holidays.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea. My knowledge of the NHL is not that deep. But I think the conversation is moot because of what I said. Unless the team goes into a death spiral, Cappy is going to be the coach. Period, end of story.

I agree. I really do not see any likely scenario where Cappy does not make it through the season. Would love to see them start to play well enough to make it a moot point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I've posted over and over that Cappy is going nowhere. I absolutely hate him as a coach but unless that death spiral happens he'll be behind the bench with his asinine line-ups.

But if it does happen our only two choices are either Weight or Thompson, and I would prefer Thompson in that scenario.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Isles are totally controlling this game save for a stupid defensive giveaway and a soft goal. Glad they just tied it up.

Lets finish this one!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta get Nabby out of there NOW!!! He is awful tonight.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My patience with Nabby is officially exhausted.

Also, could you imagine how good Okposo would be if his shot was just somewhat accurate? I've never seen a good forward miss the target so often.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess 2 points is still 2 points.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My patience with Nabby is officially exhausted.

Also, could you imagine how good Okposo would be if his shot was just somewhat accurate? I've never seen a good forward miss the target so often.
    My patience has been exhausted for a while. I hope Garth is working the phones - this team needs to do something about the goaltending.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    At least he stepped up in the shootout.....they deserved that one. Would have been tough to lose it.

Glad to see Fanzie get off the shnide in the shootout

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game should have never went to a shootout. Not winning a game like this in regulation hurts big time when it comes to playoffs and playoff positioning. Nabby was terrible, no if ands or buts about it. He gets so far out of position it looks like he's playing a breakaway on every shot.

Time too let Poulin play a few in a row but we know that will not happen even if he puts up a shutout next game. Good game overall by the rooks, so I expect Nelson to be scratched next game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    This game should have never went to a shootout. Not winning a game like this in regulation hurts big time when it comes to playoffs and playoff positioning. Nabby was terrible, no if ands or buts about it. He gets so far out of position it looks like he's playing a breakaway on every shot.

Time too let Poulin play a few in a row but we know that will not happen even if he puts up a shutout next game. Good game overall by the rooks, so I expect Nelson to be scratched next game.
    I had the same thought. We are never gonna know what we have in Poulin if he plays once every two weeks. Give him a couple of games in a row and lets see what he can do.

I was watching the Ottawa feed tonight, and Denis Potvin was just brutal on Nabakov. Thought all 4 goals were soft. On the last goal, he said that Nabby was probably the only guy in the arena who didn't anticipate the wraparound, he was out of position all night, not controlling rebounds on 60 footers from the point.

Happy with the two points, but we are not going to win many games if the goaltending does not get better. Don't care if its Nabby or someone else, just has to get better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I had the same thought. We are never gonna know what we have in Poulin if he plays once every two weeks. Give him a couple of games in a row and lets see what he can do.

I was watching the Ottawa feed tonight, and Denis Potvin was just brutal on Nabakov. Thought all 4 goals were soft. On the last goal, he said that Nabby was probably the only guy in the arena who didn't anticipate the wraparound, he was out of position all night, not controlling rebounds on 60 footers from the point.

Happy with the two points, but we are not going to win many games if the goaltending does not get better. Don't care if its Nabby or someone else, just has to get better.

Agree 100% but Cappy will not have it. Too see Nabby floundering so far away from the net on every shot is dumbfounding. But Cappy seems OK with it and keeps riding him. Who's fault is that? I blame Cappy.

And i'm pissed I didn't get the ottawa feed tonight. All season long with DirectTV I have always had the choice....but tonight when I really wanted Potvin, I got Butchie complaining about every penalty that wasn't called against the Isles.

At least we got two, but I'm not feeling confident about tomorrow. Hopefully Poulin steals us a game and then is subsequently benched for the next back to back.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No surprise. Poulin is in net tonight:

NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 18m
    Capuano: Poulin in goal. No other lineup changes. #Isles

Hopefully he gets off to a good start tonight. In his two starts this season, Poulin has allowed 5 goals in the 1st period, but only 2 the rest of the way.