Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My main man Montoya in the net tonight. We let him go because of Wang's love affair with DP. Great.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well at least our first round pick can be deferred to the following year.

So we have that going for us.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    On the bright side, it was good to see a team called the Jets win a game in November.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half the horses on this team just don't have the talent to compete at an NHL level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we will be giving DeHaan a shot. DeHaan up and Donovan sent down.

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1h
    #Isles will announce recall of D Calvin de Haan later this AM, with Matt Donovan going down to BPT. De Haan is 1-2-3 in 17 gms w/BPT.

#Isles will skate today, w/ games tomorrow and Sat. Would expect de Haan to go right into lineup vs. Wings tomorrow.

I don't have any problem with this move, given how up and down Donovan has been, but not likely to be enough of an upgrade to make a huge difference.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Looks like we will be giving DeHaan a shot. DeHaan up and Donovan sent down.

#Isles will announce recall of D Calvin de Haan later this AM, with Matt Donovan going down to BPT. De Haan is 1-2-3 in 17 gms w/BPT.

#Isles will skate today, w/ games tomorrow and Sat. Would expect de Haan to go right into lineup vs. Wings tomorrow.

I don't have any problem with this move, given how up and down Donovan has been, but not likely to be enough of an upgrade to make a huge difference.
    It was the right move because Donovan has looked terrible almost all season. I'm not going to get excited over it, but it will be nice too see what he can bring to the table going forward. I just hate the fact that he's another 180 lber and his numbers in the AHL this year blow chunks.

I'm curious if Pedan was healthy, would he have been the call?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to say it, but in think the isles are gonna get blasted today. I think Detroit will come in real pissed about losing the last game to a shlt isles team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be a long weekend - start of a real brutal stretch. Wings today and the Caps tomorrow. And it wont get any easier during the week with the the Blues and a west coast trip to LA, Anaheim and San Jose.

Any chance we see Nilsson this weekend?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    de Haan called up and Cappy scratches him. How many more games do we have to suffer with this moron behind the bench?

Go Wings!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whelp, no point watching the rest. Wings score third goal like 12 seconds in to the third.

Only question I have is will the Isles be shut out? I'll check nhl.com later to see.

:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen enough of Poulin. He is not an NHL goaltender - I can see why he was sitting behind Nabakov. 5 goals against in three of our last 5 games. Please, give Nilsson a shot in the net tomorrow - what do we have to lose. Are there any viable free agents still out there? Is it worth giving Jose Theodore a look?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should call up Strome for tomorrow to help this struggling offense........and then scratch him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, apparently Poulin is Nappy Jr.

Soft goals, and I only watched two periods and 12 seconds.

I tell ya, though, the first two periods - just some mind boggling passes, attempts to clear, etc. Absolutely baffling.

I'm beginning to think it's not a system or coaching problem, it's just straight up most of the guys on the team suck. Wouldn't even be good at the AHL level.

Side note, wings game announcers did say the Isles are one of the top three most disappointing teams this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some great college games tomorrow. I know what I'll be watching.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Some great college games tomorrow. I know what I'll be watching.
    I'll be at the Wolfpack game tonight, wearing my Isles sweater.

Assuming the Isles play at 7. Darn, I won't be able to watch the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to a UConn football game today (a rare win). My son and I poached a couple front row seats, and during a long officials review of an interception, the PA plays music and shows people dancing on the jumbotron. The boy was strutting his stuff, and makes it on the jumbotron. Our section cheered louder for him then they did for UConn. Good times, good times.

Wolfpack lost (aww, so sad.). They played the Manchester Monarchs (kings farm team). I'll tell ya, the Monarchs are good. They could beat the Isles. Just watching them pass and shoot was nice to see - they knew where their line mates were going to be, no-look passes, etc. I've been watching the Isles too long - seeing simple basics of hockey performed well tonight by the Monarchs made me happy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw some Cappy interview - did the Isles blow a third period lead?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Just saw some Cappy interview - did the Isles blow a third period lead?
    Yup. I didn't see the game -- too much great college football tonight to waste my time with the Isles -- but the Isles tooka 2-1 lead with less than 2 minutes left and gave up a shorthanded goal in the last minute, then lost in OT. This team just invents new ways to lose.

Sounds like you had a great day though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I caught the rest of the game as soon as the Alabama/Auburn dust settled. One of the best endings ever to a college game BTW.

Not much to say, but I thought deHaan looked pretty smooth. Nice crisp outlet passes on tape, struggled abit defensively but I was pleasantly surprised. Easily one of our best Dman last night, although that's not saying much.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yup. I didn't see the game -- too much great college football tonight to waste my time with the Isles -- but the Isles tooka 2-1 lead with less than 2 minutes left and gave up a shorthanded goal in the last minute, then lost in OT. This team just invents new ways to lose.

Sounds like you had a great day though.
    Ugh....I was largely out of pocket this weekend, I saw they lost in OT but I didn't know the details. That is fuking brutal. The only remotely positive thing that will come of them sucking SO bad is that they will be able to unload Vanek and try and recoup some of those picks. If they were on the cusp of a playoff spot, they may have stuck with him, not made the playoffs and been totally screwed.

This is really a disappointing bunch right now. I said I'd give Cappy til the end of December - not sure if he's going to make it that far.