Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1862

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

  1. #921
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I missed the game but it sounds like the boys played well.
    Not their best game but they did what they needed to do. And Poulin bailed them out when they needed him to....like when Strome ad a disastrous giveaway towards the end of the third. If this was November, that's a goal and we lose 2-1.

    Landeskog, Duschene and Mackinnon - that's a helluva young core. None are quite at JTs level, but they are pretty close and there's 3 of them. I guess that's what happens when you pick top 3 every year.

  2. #922
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I missed the game but it sounds like the boys played well.
    I would probably call last night's game a gutty performance, one of those nights where you don't play your best but find a way to win. Poulin kept them in this one -- first time all season that I remember watching Poulin thinking he looked like a legitimate #1. He was under control, didn't give up rebounds or get caught out of position. He has had other games where he gives up only 1 or 2 goals and you wonder how he did it. Last night, he just looked in control all night and bailed them out after a couple of breakdowns in their own end.

  3. #923
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the updates, it is much appreciated.

  4. #924
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    LGI!

    Sweep the Stars!

  5. #925
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was a fun 3rd period. 3 goals in the last 5 minutes . How about that pass from CDH to JT for the game winner. Now, we just need some other Metro Division teams to lose a few.

    Any idea what happened to Hamonic. I only watched the 3rd period and didn't see him out there.

  6. #926
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cappy is finally playing the young guns and it's no coincidence that has helped with this turnaround. Another fine game by the rooks, especially deHaan and Nelson. And the way our first line is clicking they are worth the price of admission.

  7. #927
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Well, that was a fun 3rd period. 3 goals in the last 5 minutes . How about that pass from CDH to JT for the game winner. Now, we just need some other Metro Division teams to lose a few.

    Any idea what happened to Hamonic. I only watched the 3rd period and didn't see him out there.
    No clue on Hamonic, I was switching between the feeds.

  8. #928
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Cappy is finally playing the young guns and it's no coincidence that has helped with this turnaround. Another fine game by the rooks, especially deHaan and Nelson. And the way our first line is clicking they are worth the price of admission.
    Even if we don't make the playoffs this season, hopefully they are doing enough to convince Vanek to stick around. Might have been a slow start for him, but, wow, that #1 line is as good as any in the NHL right now. With the kids getting better as the season goes on, I would love to see him with the rest of the core of this team next year. I didn't realize how good he was until I started watching him play every night.

  9. #929
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Well, that was a fun 3rd period. 3 goals in the last 5 minutes . How about that pass from CDH to JT for the game winner. Now, we just need some other Metro Division teams to lose a few.

    Any idea what happened to Hamonic. I only watched the 3rd period and didn't see him out there.
    The feed from Vanek to CdH was also nice. JT gave CdH big props on rhat ridiculous pass. It would be great if we didn't go down 2 goals every game but it beats having a 3rd period lead and blowing it. Poulin has to be developing some confidence which is the biggest thing he (and every young goalie needs). After that first period, I was certain that this would be the game where their egs ran out. Guess not.

    Some of these teams HAVE to lose eventually, right? I just hope for no OT when I see Eastern teams play.

  10. #930
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice win, this is the team I expected coming off last years playoff experience vs Pittsburgh.

  11. #931
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't sound like anything to keep Hamonic out of the lineup beyond tonight's 3rd period:

    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 4m
    Capuano says Hamonic was ill. Got too dehydrated to keep going after 2nd.

  12. #932
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Even if we don't make the playoffs this season, hopefully they are doing enough to convince Vanek to stick around. Might have been a slow start for him, but, wow, that #1 line is as good as any in the NHL right now. With the kids getting better as the season goes on, I would love to see him with the rest of the core of this team next year. I didn't realize how good he was until I started watching him play every night.
    Our #1 priority has to be opening up the bank for Vanek this offseason. We have not had a winger of his caliber for decades, and now it is reflecting on the ice.

  13. #933
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The feed from Vanek to CdH was also nice. JT gave CdH big props on rhat ridiculous pass. It would be great if we didn't go down 2 goals every game but it beats having a 3rd period lead and blowing it. Poulin has to be developing some confidence which is the biggest thing he (and every young goalie needs). After that first period, I was certain that this would be the game where their egs ran out. Guess not.

    Some of these teams HAVE to lose eventually, right? I just hope for no OT when I see Eastern teams play.



    They have dug themselves into a huge hole that is almost impossible to get out of. The Metro has been so bad, so I guess there is a chance, but we would have to have an incredible run to vie for the playoffs. Almost monumental.

  14. #934
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    [/B]

    They have dug themselves into a huge hole that is almost impossible to get out of. The Metro has been so bad, so I guess there is a chance, but we would have to have an incredible run to vie for the playoffs. Almost monumental.
    Only way to really get back into this is to start beating Division opponents when we play them. We are 8-2 in our last ten, but those two losses have both been in the Division - NJ & Carolina.

  15. #935
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome goal by JT.

    Exciting to watch these guys lately. Bout freakin time.

    What'd they lose, 10 in a row? Now they just have to win 10 in a row.

    Big hole they dug, but there are some games left to be played. Unlikely they climb out, but not impossible.

  16. #936
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    [/B]

    They have dug themselves into a huge hole that is almost impossible to get out of. The Metro has been so bad, so I guess there is a chance, but we would have to have an incredible run to vie for the playoffs. Almost monumental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Only way to really get back into this is to start beating Division opponents when we play them. We are 8-2 in our last ten, but those two losses have both been in the Division - NJ & Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Awesome goal by JT.

    Exciting to watch these guys lately. Bout freakin time.

    What'd they lose, 10 in a row? Now they just have to win 10 in a row.

    Big hole they dug, but there are some games left to be played. Unlikely they climb out, but not impossible.
    WTF? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???

  17. #937
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    WTF? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???
    No!

  18. #938
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    WTF? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???
    Only Bluto knows the answer, and with a 0.0 GPA I doubt he can give us the answers. Not to mention he's six feet under.

  19. #939
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Only Bluto knows the answer, and with a 0.0 GPA I doubt he can give us the answers. Not to mention he's six feet under.
    "Mr. Blutarski..... Zero. Point. Zero."

  20. #940
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not fer nuthin, but if Winnipeg fires it's coach after a 19-23-5 record, how the hell did Cappy remain when the Isles were like 11-22-7?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us