Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Devils shut-out last night.... How many get by Nabby tonight?

Can't wait to finally see some Isles hockey! Devs/Isles games usually pretty entertaining.
    I wish the Isles were able to address the goaltending situation in the offseason, but unfortunately they left it status quo. I just hope Nabby can duplicate last season, minus the playoffs.

Can't wait too see Griff tonight, I just hope when I see him he's not in the pressbox.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I wish the Isles were able to address the goaltending situation in the offseason, but unfortunately they left it status quo. I just hope Nabby can duplicate last season, minus the playoffs.

Can't wait too see Griff tonight, I just hope when I see him he's not in the pressbox.
    Be prepared to be disappointed....he ain't in the lineup. Neither is Carkner or Boulton. Going with the lil guys. I hope we don't see Clowe driving through our midgets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Be prepared to be disappointed....he ain't in the lineup. Neither is Carkner or Boulton. Going with the lil guys. I hope we don't see Clowe driving through our midgets.
    Well thanks for for ruining the opener for me less than four hours before they drop the puck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't see how Nabby will be able to do it. At mid-season, if Nabby is the weak link, I suspect they'll make a move. Back-up (been trying to remember his name for 5 minutes now...) has to step up and get some W's. Maybe he plays every third or fourth game? No way Nabby can do 82 obviously, and I doubt he could even do 62 games. Maybe 50, then he'd still be out of gas come playoffs, if they make it.

Sorry to be a Nabby-downer, but I can't believe they didn't do anything after goaltending was an obvious issue last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're thinking of Poulin.

And here is the link to the soundtigers roster. Looks like Pedan shrunk four inches. Enjoy the game.
    http://www.soundtigers.com/SportSele...4&SPSID=363051

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

And here is the link to the soundtigers roster. Looks like Pedan shrunk four inches. Enjoy the game.
    LOL

Thanks.

Finley, 6-8, 250... Jeezus... Won't miss this guy on the ice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see where Strome is playing. They may put him at Wing to get some time there in the event they want him to play there with the big club at some point. If so, a Lee - Sundstrom - Strome line should be a thing of beauty to watch. All 3 of those guys should/could be up with the big club at some point this year.

That D is so much nastier than the NYI's blue line. Mayfield/Pedan/Dalhuisan/Finley. That is a rough and tumble group.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be interesting to see where Strome is playing. They may put him at Wing to get some time there in the event they want him to play there with the big club at some point. If so, a Lee - Sundstrom - Strome line should be a thing of beauty to watch. All 3 of those guys should/could be up with the big club at some point this year.

That D is so much nastier than the NYI's blue line. Mayfield/Pedan/Dalhuisan/Finley. That is a rough and tumble group.
    I'm pretty sure they keep Strome on the wing. They did that last year for the handful of games he played at the bridge. And Lee-Sundstrom-Strome should be a killer line. I just think their respective games complement each other.

Those Dman are BIG and NASTY. I would expect the gloves to get thrown down quite a bit this year. And don't forget Gallant. They will be intimidating too say the least.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nabby picking up right where he left off last year. Flopping around like a fish out of water, lettin the puck go in.

:facepalm:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Nabby picking up right where he left off last year. Flopping around like a fish out of water, lettin the puck go in.

:facepalm:
    Yeah, but he also caught a bit of a bad break on that one as the puck fell forward from the top of the net. Strong first period for Grabs - nice to see him finish.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem so far has been our abysmal first line. Moulson skating like a 70 year old. On to the third....Lets go isles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem so far has been our abysmal first line. Moulson skating like a 70 year old. On to the third....Lets go isles.
    Maybe so, but our 2nd line is carrying the team tonight. Lets see Nabby shut them down the rest of the way

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Maybe so, but our 2nd line is carrying the team tonight. Lets see Nabby shut them down the rest of the way
    Every shot on net with Nabby in there makes me nervous.

JT playing tonight?

And damn Grabners quick.
    Last edited by Big L; 10-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best I have seen of Nabby in a long time was in that shootout. And Moulson finishes. Really nice way to start the season. Fun game to watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    The best I have seen of Nabby in a long time was in that shootout. And Moulson finishes. Really nice way to start the season. Fun game to watch.
    Yep, just gunna say that - best I've seen Nabby play in a long time was in that shootout.

Moulson quiet all night, and gets the only SO goal.

Nice 2 points to start the season. Exciting game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will not critique on any players tonight either good or bad.

That was a fuggin great game. So glad hockey is back. The hair actually stood up on the ends of my arms watching that game.

Now we get to do it over tomorrow.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The first goal Nabakov gave up was a softie, but he was solid otherwise. He out dueled one of the greatest ever in the shoutout and made some big saves to get them to overtime.

Let's lose a game or two before we start killing the guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The first goal Nabakov gave up was a softie, but he was solid otherwise. He out dueled one of the greatest ever in the shoutout and made some big saves to get them to overtime.

Let's lose a game or two before we start killing the guy.
    He definitely bounced back nicely. He dominated the shoot out for sure - no one was really close. Nice to see them win a game when they weren't at their best. The D really seemed overpowered at times. But, I think Donovan held his own tonight which is nice to see.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He definitely bounced back nicely. He dominated the shoot out for sure - no one was really close. Nice to see them win a game when they weren't at their best. The D really seemed overpowered at times. But, I think Donovan held his own tonight which is nice to see.
    Donovans outlet pass on the last goal was a thing of beauty. Both Rooks played well tonight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Sound Tigers were outplayed for about 55 minutes. Gotta hand it to Wilkes-barre Scranton, they've got a good team.

Only thing I take away from the game is Lee looked pretty good, made some nice moves, mixed it up a bit. And 44 Gallant (sp?) was throwing his weight around. But Strome was invisible, except when he was in the penalty box.

I see the Isles blew a third period lead. Hope we're not back to this shlt again.
    Last edited by Big L; 10-06-2013 at 07:53 AM.