Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1862

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But why would Wang do that? Snow is following his orders to a tee. In Wang's mind, there's nothing actionable here.

The Lighthouse Project is over. I really think Wang doesn't give a fvck now.
    Sadly, I think Wang stays in the picture. I personally think there is something more to Ratner winning the coliseum bid. They can't structurally change the Barclays center for hockey. You saw the complaints Beautiful place, but bad sightlines, couldn't see the whole ice, etc. The Barclays was originally going to be 14,500 for hockey. They had 15,600 seats for the preseason game. This new area in LI is a 14,000 seat arena. Think they aren't ging to find room for 1,000 moe seats? I know they couldn't build the coliseum, but if Wang was going to sell he would have sold for double the worst to Quebec, Seattle. Watch the new arena in LI. I feel the Isles are back there within 10 years

All League
    Some Garf comments on yesterday. Take them with a grain of salt.

http://islanderspointblank.com/islan...on/#more-45491

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Some Garf comments on yesterday. Take them with a grain of salt.

http://islanderspointblank.com/islan...on/#more-45491
    I'm sorry, but that whole "didn't get an offer til noon" yesterday is complete an utter bull****. He may not have received an official offer on team letterhead until that time, but Vanek was completely moveable prior to noon.

All League
    I'm sorry, but that whole "didn't get an offer til noon" yesterday is complete an utter bull****. He may not have received an official offer on team letterhead until that time, but Vanek was completely moveable prior to noon.
    I think he may be technically correct. He mentions the best deal yestreday. Doesn't mean that was the best offer. Probably had a great offer 2 or 3 days ago. See what I'm gettin at? His statements may be technically correct, but does not give the real picture of events. Crafty, but basically a fvcking full on liar.

All Pro
    And there goes another 2 goal lead.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This team is like Freddy Kreuger...
    Never ending nightmare that rips your guts out...

All League
    Who was in net? Nappy? Should have made the saves, or no way?

All Pro
    Nabby was in net. None of the goals he gave up were soft, first one was a rebound, 2nd was through a screen and the OT goal was a 2 on 1 after a turnover in the neutral zone. But why can't this team ever extend a lead, once they get it to two goals, they never get the next one.

All Pro
    Difference in this game was not that Nabby gave up soft goals, but he didn't make the great saves that you sometimes need to win a tight game or to bail out your D when they make a mistake. Scrivens made those saves, but Nabby didn't. Late 2nd up 2, Halmo makes a great play, steals the puck at center ice setting up a 3 on 1 and Scrivens makes the save. Final minute of the game, tied at 2, Grabner comes in alone and Michael "Grabnered" one - great glove save by Scrivens. When Scrivens had to bail out the Oilers to stay in the game he did. When Nabby needed to bail out the Isles he couldn't. This has been my problem with Nabby for the past two years. He makes the routine saves, but not the ones that goalies need to make to win consistently.

And while I am on the subject of goalies, how is it that the Oilers manage to pick up 2 pretty good goalies during the season and we are stuck with the same pathetic trio that we had to start the season.

Veteran
    Wow, I thought I was the only one here watching the game last night. TBH after regulation ended I called it a night and didn't even bother with the OT, and they did not disappoint.

The only bright light I saw was Lee doing his thing and Halmo looks like he might be a player. Now that my whipping boy Amac is gone Hickey immediately jumps into that spot. For such a small guy he skates like he has a couple of bricks strapped to his feet. Not to mention how he gets ragdolled every night, against Edmonton they were literally just tossing him to the ice. It's fvckin embarrassing.

I need a break for the next couple of games. I'll tune in when they're back in the barn hopefully too hear the Sell Wang Sell chants.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Difference in this game was not that Nabby gave up soft goals, but he didn't make the great saves that you sometimes need to win a tight game or to bail out your D when they make a mistake. Scrivens made those saves, but Nabby didn't. Late 2nd up 2, Halmo makes a great play, steals the puck at center ice setting up a 3 on 1 and Scrivens makes the save. Final minute of the game, tied at 2, Grabner comes in alone and Michael "Grabnered" one - great glove save by Scrivens. When Scrivens had to bail out the Oilers to stay in the game he did. When Nabby needed to bail out the Isles he couldn't. This has been my problem with Nabby for the past two years. He makes the routine saves, but not the ones that goalies need to make to win consistently.

And while I am on the subject of goalies, how is it that the Oilers manage to pick up 2 pretty good goalies during the season and we are stuck with the same pathetic trio that we had to start the season.
    Completely agree. Rarely ever makes a big key save when the rest of the team fvcks up.

Second, how did 10 goalies change teams on Wednesday, yet the Isles didn't come away with one, let alone a single prospect ON DEFENSE OR IN NET?!?!?! WTF?!??! Instead, a Swedish prospect. No offense to Swedes (I love your women), but your hockey players are soft.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Wow, I thought I was the only one here watching the game last night. TBH after regulation ended I called it a night and didn't even bother with the OT, and they did not disappoint.

The only bright light I saw was Lee doing his thing and Halmo looks like he might be a player. Now that my whipping boy Amac is gone Hickey immediately jumps into that spot. For such a small guy he skates like he has a couple of bricks strapped to his feet. Not to mention how he gets ragdolled every night, against Edmonton they were literally just tossing him to the ice. It's fvckin embarrassing.

I need a break for the next couple of games. I'll tune in when they're back in the barn hopefully too hear the Sell Wang Sell chants.
    I LOL'd at the bricks... Ha!

Not sure I buy that the Ducks ever agreed to that, but we'll never know.

Regardless, Snow took this to the brink and absolutely sh!t the bed. How he didn't come back with a first round pick is absolutely pathetic. Despite being very nervous about this going on so long, I wanted to withhold judgment until the trade went down. Now that it did, I can say with certainty:

Snow's gotta go. This is an absolute disgrace. The band of NHL GMs essentially got together and told this joke of a GM "Get out of our Club!"
    Just a heads up--Bob Mackenzie was reporting on NHL Network last night that Snow had 3 better offers from Anaheim, Minnesota and Toronto. All of them involved Islanders eating part of Vanek's contract. I was not making it up that Anaheim made that large offer.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Just a heads up--Bob Mackenzie was reporting on NHL Network last night that Snow had 3 better offers from Anaheim, Minnesota and Toronto. All of them involved Islanders eating part of Vanek's contract. I was not making it up that Anaheim made that large offer.

I don't think anyone here thought you were. It's how Wang operates, unfortunately.

This all points to ownership in financial trouble...
    There's no way that this team can ever be a contender in that case...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Honestly, if Garth turned down a deal that was Gibson and a first......he should be sued. We'll obviously never know whether its true, but if it took $1m retained, I would gladly have paid a $2 surcharge on every ticket I buy next year just to fund that trade.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Re the game last night, I honestly don't care now whether they win or lose. I watched the first period and the kids looked great. If the game went down as Lith reported and it was basically Nabby v. Scrivens and Scrivens wins, eh....so be it. Next year (praise allah) there will be a new goalie.

I just want to see Strome mature, Lee continue his beastly ways, Nelson to keep getting experience (what a sh!t penalty call on him btw in the first period - he got his ass whupped and then is called for a slash?) and guys like Halmo develop into a viable NHLer. If they give collapse in the 3rd? At this point, don't really care. Hopefully its just Cappy digging a deeper a hole for himself.

Games like the Devils game on Saturday? That's really disheartening. But the epidemic of giving up leads? We can only hope that that stays with the 13'/14' season and next year it will be different and they'll figure out how to play a full 60 minutes.

All Pro
    Re the game last night, I honestly don't care now whether they win or lose. I watched the first period and the kids looked great. If the game went down as Lith reported and it was basically Nabby v. Scrivens and Scrivens wins, eh....so be it. Next year (praise allah) there will be a new goalie.

I just want to see Strome mature, Lee continue his beastly ways, Nelson to keep getting experience (what a sh!t penalty call on him btw in the first period - he got his ass whupped and then is called for a slash?) and guys like Halmo develop into a viable NHLer. If they give collapse in the 3rd? At this point, don't really care. Hopefully its just Cappy digging a deeper a hole for himself.

Games like the Devils game on Saturday? That's really disheartening. But the epidemic of giving up leads? We can only hope that that stays with the 13'/14' season and next year it will be different and they'll figure out how to play a full 60 minutes.
    Last night's game was more than just Scrivens >> Nabby in big spots. It was the same tired act we have seen where we get trapped in our own end for two or three minutes and you begin to feel that the tying goal is inevitable. But those are the times you need your goalie to step up and bail the team out which he cannot do consistently.

As far as winning or losing, I know it does not matter for the big picture this year, but it sure is frustrating to watch them with a 2 goal lead heading into the 3rd period against a bad team only to lose the game. We saw it on Sunday against Florida and again last night. I don't know why this team cannot play with a lead, but Iwhen it happens as consistently as it has to the Isles this year, I think that has to reflect on coaching.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    This all points to ownership in financial trouble...
    There's no way that this team can ever be a contender in that case...
    This is the way I am beginning to feel. I am not and never have been a fan of Garth, but will any GM succeed if their hands are tied by an owner who cannot or will not devote the financial resources to build a winner. The problem starts at the top with Wang.

All League

IIRC, they've had trouble with leads in the third last season, and the season before that one too.