Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1862

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Any thoughts on Persson? He looks like another big body, plays hard, good skills, and likes going in front of the net.

And have I been so far out of the loop too miss that Clutterbuck is wearing the "A". How can Martin be overshadowed for an "A" for a guy that has not even been on the roster for 1 year. Martin just got his third straight Nystrom.
    I think it might be rotating. My 3 yr old noticed the "A" last night. "HEY!!! Dats not supposed to be dere!.....what are you talking about, buddy?.....Da A on Clutterbuck. Look!"

Holy sh!t, he's right. How does he notice those things?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nilsson getting many starts lately. Has the isles organization come o the conclusion that there's no hope of Poulin being an NHL caliber goalie?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And for the record, Panthers announcers are some serious homers, too.

At one point, a panthers player went after Carkner. Got an instigator penalty. Guy starts with Carkner, and Carkner drops his gloves a second before the guy who started, and starts beating him. Announcers say it shouldn't be an instigator penalty because carkner dropped his gloves before the panters guy did.

That's a stretch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    And for the record, Panthers announcers are some serious homers, too.

At one point, a panthers player went after Carkner. Got an instigator penalty. Guy starts with Carkner, and Carkner drops his gloves a second before the guy who started, and starts beating him. Announcers say it shouldn't be an instigator penalty because carkner dropped his gloves before the panters guy did.

That's a stretch.
    I saw the same thing in yesterday's game -- thought they were way off base. Pretty obvious instigating call if you ask me.

By the way, congrats on the Final 4. Did you get down to the Garden for any of the games?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh Bailey coming alive recently, huh? Its taken him about 14 years to realize that scoring requires that you actually shoot the puck, not look for the perfect pass every single time. He ripped home a nice one last night but still has the inclination to dish it too much as seen later in the game.

If this kid could stop thinking and just play, he still could live up to his expectations. A 3rd line of Bailey - Nielsen - Grabner next year could be very decent line.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I saw the same thing in yesterday's game -- thought they were way off base. Pretty obvious instigating call if you ask me.

By the way, congrats on the Final 4. Did you get down to the Garden for any of the games?
    First time all season the Isle have won back-to-back games in back-to-back nights?

And thanks, good time to be a UConn fan! I got an email after they made the Sweet 16. It was like Platinum donors, call for tix at 8am. Gold donors call at 8:30. Silver at 9am. Etc. The Big L Manganese Donor Level was at like 4:30 pm. Then I get another email at like 1:30 with "Sorry, all tickets are gone, you cheap donor bastard!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Josh Bailey coming alive recently, huh? Its taken him about 14 years to realize that scoring requires that you actually shoot the puck, not look for the perfect pass every single time. He ripped home a nice one last night but still has the inclination to dish it too much as seen later in the game.

If this kid could stop thinking and just play, he still could live up to his expectations. A 3rd line of Bailey - Nielsen - Grabner next year could be very decent line.
    I am not ready to jump on the Bailey bandwagon yet, but he has been much better in the last couple of games. It would be huge for this team next season if he could begin to live up to the contract he was given.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty psyched - having my son's 7th birthday at the Islanders game tomorrow. Tailgating at the NVMC is not your typical 7 yo birthday meal, but we're going with it. We're surprising him and his brother with a ride on the "Fanzam" (the Zamboni-esque vehicle that goes around the ice) - hopefully that goes over well and doesn't scare his lil bro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty psyched - having my son's 7th birthday at the Islanders game tomorrow. Tailgating at the NVMC is not your typical 7 yo birthday meal, but we're going with it. We're surprising him and his brother with a ride on the "Fanzam" (the Zamboni-esque vehicle that goes around the ice) - hopefully that goes over well and doesn't scare his lil bro.
    Sounds awesome - enjoy the day!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good.....I'm sure a seven year old will love it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not ready to jump on the Bailey bandwagon yet, but he has been much better in the last couple of games. It would be huge for this team next season if he could begin to live up to the contract he was given.
    Indeed - and while before I said that would be a solid 3rd line, if Bailey can do what he's supposed to, he would help fill out our 2nd line, and allow the team to focus on a top 4 dman and a goalie. Reality is this team has plenty of 3rd/4th liners both young and mature.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great. Hopefully the kids on the Islanders will make it a great day for you and the kids. Have fun, and enjoy the little ones, they grow up quickly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, my lil one is sleeping in his brand new Clutterbuck stadium series jersey (not sure why, but he's his favorite player). My older isn't sleeping in his brand new Nielsen jersey. Why, you ask? Because my mother in law - who found a t-shirt factory to do the names rather than spend the $$$$ to get the Kettering direct from the Isles - had it spelled "Nielson". Maybe she is a fan of both Brock and Frans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, my lil one is sleeping in his brand new Clutterbuck stadium series jersey (not sure why, but he's his favorite player). My older isn't sleeping in his brand new Nielsen jersey. Why, you ask? Because my mother in law - who found a t-shirt factory to do the names rather than spend the $$$$ to get the Kettering direct from the Isles - had it spelled "Nielson". Maybe she is a fan of both Brock and Frans.
    Pretty funny. If she added another S (Nielsson) it would have been good for Nilsson too. I remember when my son was younger, my in-laws got him a Yankee jersey with the number 2 and the name JETER on the back. He wouldn't wear it - he knew the name doesn't belong on the back of Yankee jerseys. Had to be my mother in law who ordered it (it is always the mother-in-law). My father-in-law would have known better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fun game tonight. Isles were the better team, but a couple of bounces of the puck went against us. Nice to see Persson get his first, and I loved seeing Halmo take on Wilson early on. Might have been going up a class in weight, but great to see that he had his teammate's back and he showed a lot of guts.

Hopefully nothing too serious for ether Grabs or DeHaan. Would hate to see DeHaan hurt again after struggling with injuries for the past few years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how'd it go?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 13h
    #Isles call up Johan Sundstrom and Scott Mayfield.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 13h
    #Isles call up Johan Sundstrom and Scott Mayfield.
    I am looking forward to seeing Mayfield play, but it may mean bad news for DeHaan's knee from yesterday's game:

Brad Kurtzberg ‏@sealshockey 16h
    #isles D Calvin de Haan in locker room. Was not able to put pressure on one leg.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 04-06-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking forward to seeing Mayfield play, but it may mean bad news for DeHaan's knee from yesterday's game:

Brad Kurtzberg ‏@sealshockey 16h
    #isles D Calvin de Haan in locker room. Was not able to put pressure on one leg.
    I hope it's not too bad because he was able to come back, albeit briefly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it's not too bad because he was able to come back, albeit briefly.
    I'd like to think its not an ACL as he was able to skate on it and when he hit the tunnel the second time, he hit it full stride. Hopefully its just a bruise. If he's out 6-8 months, that would be a huge blow as he was pretty much our only two way dman this year.

Looks like Mayfield will need some time to get up to NHL speed but its nice to see his size back there. Actually looked a bit skinny to me, but that may just be on account of him being tall and I'm used to seeing 5'10 dman back there.

I wonder if Reinhart will get any AHL/NHL time before the season's up. I think Reinhart and Pulock are playing each other in the WHL playoffs so maybe one of them will get a game or 3 if the series doesn't go too long.