Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1862

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Holy sh!t! If that works out, this is like my dream off season. Boyle for 2 seasons is the perfect answer to our D woes. Offer him $7m a year....who cares? That's gotta be more than he'll get elsewhere.
    He is 37. Pretty sure 4 a year will do it.

Also, rumor has it that this team is Barroway's now. Bettman not announcing until after the finals

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Isles acquire rights to Dan Boyle from San Jose.

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=721899
    Great move - lets get him signed. Exactly the type of veteran presence we need on the blue line while some of the kids mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Further proof that Garth Snow reads the Islanders thread on JI.com.
    Problem is that he didn't start reading them until this summer. He should have listened to us after last season.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post

Also, rumor has it that this team is Barroway's now. Bettman not announcing until after the finals
    Heard the same thing about Barroway -- likely to be announced after the finals. Will be great news when / if it happens.

Veteran
    Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday 6h
    #Isles have acquired rights to D Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a conditional 2015 5th-round pick. Becomes a 4th if Boyle signs.

If we can sign him short term this might be Garths best offseason ever. Starting goalie, Pokka signed, and now that vet Dman.

All League
    Go figure.

Make the playoffs, Garfs job is secure. Proceed to blunder the offseason.

Miss the playoffs because of additional huge blunders, Garfs job on the line. Proceed to make great* offseason moves.

To get anything done, you'd better keep Garf on his toes. Otherwise he rests on his laurels with Regin and PMB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday 6h
    #Isles have acquired rights to D Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a conditional 2015 5th-round pick. Becomes a 4th if Boyle signs.

If we can sign him short term this might be Garths best offseason ever. Starting goalie, Pokka signed, and now that vet Dman.
    Yup, get Boyle signed and a new owner by July 1 -- and its a great offseason. Anything else (a first line winger) would be an added bonus after that.

All League
    Does a new owner shltcan Garf?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Heard the same thing about Barroway -- likely to be announced after the finals. Will be great news when / if it happens.
    Hmm Let's see. New Owner? Garth has made about 5 decent moves already. Is he a little bit worried?

I think an new owner cans Capuano. (Blysma maybe?) Garth gone next year/or after another November swoon

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yup, get Boyle signed and a new owner by July 1 -- and its a great offseason. Anything else (a first line winger) would be an added bonus after that.
    Agreed.

a legit goalie. A good (despite ancient) 2 way d-man. A good winger is still a necessity, however I am terrified of a Dany Heatly signing.

All League
    Hmm Let's see. New Owner? Garth has made about 5 decent moves already. Is he a little bit worried?

I think an new owner cans Capuano. (Blysma maybe?) Garth gone next year/or after another November swoon
    Either Garth is worried, or maybe he no longer has his hands tied by an owner who is more interested in a stadium deal than the quality of the product on the ice. Or maybe a little of both.

Either way, I think Garth has this offseason to save his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

He probably could get $4m/yr from a bunch of teams. Why would he sign with the Isles for the same price he'd get from TB, Bos, etc. JMO, but the Isles will have to overpay significantly in either years or dollars in order for him to sign here and I'd much rather it be $$$ than years - we have to get to the floor anyway. $7m is obviously too much, but if it seems like $4m is the rate for him, give him $5m.

Capuano has reached his limit, I think, in what he can do with this team. I thought he was good bridge to a solid, experienced NHL coach. This team has talent, and needs the direction to take it to the next level. Blysma is free now!

All League
    No to Byslma. Can't get his team up when it matters most.

Besides, he's still coaching the Pens, yes?

Never mind, just saw The Lead.

Still no.
    Last edited by Big L; 06-06-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    No to Byslma. Can't get his team up when it matters most.

Besides, he's still coaching the Pens, yes?

Never mind, just saw The Lead.

Still no.
    +1.

Cappy is horribly bad but I don't want Byslma either.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

@StapeNewsday: George Bazos, Dan Boyle's agent, says Boyle will let #Isles know by end of this week whether he's interested in starting contract talks
    Still a possibility....and at least we'll know sooner rather than later. Read the other day that Dreger said there's a decent chance we sign him IF we overpay. But that's fine - we always have to overpay FAs to come here. Presumably Snow knew that when they traded for the guy's rights.

Veteran
    Still a possibility....and at least we'll know sooner rather than later. Read the other day that Dreger said there's a decent chance we sign him IF we overpay. But that's fine - we always have to overpay FAs to come here. Presumably Snow knew that when they traded for the guy's rights.
    I'm hoping if he is willing too negotiate, we get it done. He is the perfect type of player for an overpaid 2yr. deal and we still have too reach the cap floor. At this point I don't care what his salary is, as long as it's only a 2 year term.

Anyone hearing anything on CDH getting a new contract?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I'm hoping if he is willing too negotiate, we get it done. He is the perfect type of player for an overpaid 2yr. deal and we still have too reach the cap floor. At this point I don't care what his salary is, as long as it's only a 2 year term.

Anyone hearing anything on CDH getting a new contract?
    The RFA stuff comes out after the draft usually, right? He probably gets a 2 year bridge, I'm guessing. He had a great season, but I would like to see him be healthy all year before locking in long term.

Re Boyle....as long as its 2 years, I really don't care. The one thing Snow is pretty capable at is salary negotiations. He got Halak signed for less than I thought it would take and he didn't overbid on AMac and Streit when he shouldn't have (IMO). I trust him to find the relative right Market Value and then go over it some. If he doesn't take sie la vie - we move on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The RFA stuff comes out after the draft usually, right? He probably gets a 2 year bridge, I'm guessing. He had a great season, but I would like to see him be healthy all year before locking in long term.

Re Boyle....as long as its 2 years, I really don't care. The one thing Snow is pretty capable at is salary negotiations. He got Halak signed for less than I thought it would take and he didn't overbid on AMac and Streit when he shouldn't have (IMO). I trust him to find the relative right Market Value and then go over it some. If he doesn't take sie la vie - we move on.
    I have to believe that with new ownership coming in (presumably), Snow has to find a way to sign him. And I have to believe Boyle's camp know that, so he will get overpaid and/or more than 2 years.

All League
    I'll be on vacation when the draft is going on, so any ideas who the isles might take at 5?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'll be on vacation when the draft is going on, so any ideas who the isles might take at 5?
    I am assuming the first 3 off the board will be Sam Reinhart, Sam Bennett and Aaron Ekblad, which would leave us with a shot at one of these two guys:

Leon Draisaitl

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/leon-draisaitl/

"History
    2010-11: Leon Draisaitl, the son of long-time German national team center Peter Draisaitl, appeared in six games for Jungadler Mannheim's junior team as a 15-year-old and was a dominant scorer in Germany's U16 league. He had 1 assist in U18 play. In 29 games with the Mannheim U16 team he scored 97 goals with 95 assists as the club captured the German championship.

2011-12: Draisaitl was named the DNL's player of the year and was the second-leading scorer in Germany's top junior league. He represented Germany in two international tournaments – the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship and the U17 World Hockey Challenge. Draisaitl scored 21 goals with 35 assists and was +29 with 39 penalty minutes in 35 regular season games for Jungadler and had 6 goals with 6 assists in eight playoff games as the club captured the junior championship. In six games at the U18 WJC he scored 2 goals with 5 assists and was an even plus/minus with 2 penalty minutes. Draisaitl scored 1 goal with 4 assists in five games at the WHC. He was the second player taken in the 2012 CHL Import Draft when he was selected in the first round by the WHL's Prince Albert Raiders.

2012-13: Draisaitl was the second-leading scorer for Prince Albert in his first season in North America and played for Germany in the 2013 U20 and U18 World Hockey Championship tournaments. He scored 21 goals with 37 assists for 58 points in 64 games; trailing only Mark McNeill, a first round pick by Chicago in 2011 among the Raiders scorers. Draisaitl was a team-leading +22 and had 22 penalty minutes. Prince Albert made the playoffs after finishing second in the East Division. Draisaitl had 4 assists and was -4 in the four-game series with Red Deer. In six games with Germany's U20 team he scored 2 goals with 4 assists and was -9 with 2 penalty minutes. He scored 1 goal with 6 assists and was +2 with 4 assists for Germany's U18 team.

2013-14: Draisaitl returned to Prince Albert for his second OHL season.

Talent Analysis
    Versatile forward with great offensive instincts to go along with NHL-ready size. Reliable on specialty teams. Mature, composed, well-spoken, even-keeled."

Michael Dal Colle

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...ael-dal-colle/

"History
    2010-11: Michael Dal Colle played for the Vaughan Kings minor midget AAA team in Ontario as a 14-year-old and was a team captain for the club's bantam AAA team.

2011-12: Dal Colle appeared in five junior A games with the St. Michael's Buzzers of the Ontario Junior Hockey League, including one playoff contest, and was the leading scorer for the Vaughan Kings minor midget AAA team. He had no points with 4 penalty minutes skating for the Buzzers. Dal Colle drew the attention of both NCAA college coaches and OHL scouts — scoring 44 goals with 34 assists in 42 midget games for Vaughan. The Kings participated in the OHL Cup and in five games Dal Colle scored 4 goals with 7 assists. He was the seventh player taken in the 2012 OHL Priority Draft when he was selected by the Oshawa Generals in the first round.

2012-13: Dal Colle chose the junior route over college hockey — and was the fifth-leading scorer for a powerful Oshawa squad that featured NHL prospects Boone Jenner (Columbus), Scott Laughton (Philadelphia) and Tyler Biggs (Toronto). He scored 15 goals with 33 assists in 63 regular season games and was +19 with 18 penalty minutes. The Generals finished second in the East Division and advanced to the second round. Dal Colle scored 2 goals with 3 assists and was +3 with 6 penalty minutes in nine OHL playoff games. Skating for Canada Ontario in the 2013 U17 World Hockey Challenge he scored 2 goals with 4 assists in five games.

2013-14: Dal Colle played for the gold medal-winning Team Canada U18 team in the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial team in August before returning to Oshawa for his second OHL season. In five games at the Ivan Hlinka tournament he scored 2 goals with 2 assists anew as -1 with 4 penalty minutes."