Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    We've been waiting for Nabby to steal one for us - I'd say that qualifies.

Hickey is a tough lil fuker, huh?
    Yup, Hickey sure took a beating, but still assisted on the first tying goal. Just glad to see us get the 2 points tonight, they were badly needed. I don't want to see them dig a hole like last year where a great 2nd half run is needed just to grab the last playoff spot. I assume we will see Poulin in net tomorrow. And Grabs should be back too, right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yup, Hickey sure took a beating, but still assisted on the first tying goal. Just glad to see us get the 2 points tonight, they were badly needed. I don't want to see them dig a hole like last year where a great 2nd half run is needed just to grab the last playoff spot. I assume we will see Poulin in net tomorrow. And Grabs should be back too, right?
    Yep Poulin in net and Grabs is back. Gotta give props to Nabby, we got our asses kicked tonight and not only came away with the W, but a regulation W.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bakov finally played good last night. I was about to rip him on Pitts third goal, but that was all on the D.

Isles scored some gritty goals. Moulson from the tough angle, and was Bailey falling down when he chipped it in?

Doing great on the PP, too. Hope they can keep that up consistently.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Rough game for Donovan but I still like his game. Rookie growing pains. And the Enghland goal was as much on Martin as t was on Donovan.

And I was a critic of Moulson in the pre-season but all he does is score goals. It is foolish to think he is easily replaceable. He seems to just gravitate towards where the puck will be.

Trying to figure out a way to get to the game tonight. My wife took my lil one for the weekend....going to try and surprise my older son.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Jesus. Flyers haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game all year. They score 3 in the first alone.

Buffalo hasn't won a game all year. They play the isles and beat em.

Edmonton scores 2 goals in 8 seconds, breaking the previous team record. (NHL record is 7 seconds, I believe)

There's another dubious honor they also have this season so far. Can't remember.

What the fvck is with this team? I swear it's the Jets on ice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Sweet Jesus. Flyers haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game all year. They score 3 in the first alone.

Buffalo hasn't won a game all year. They play the isles and beat em.

Edmonton scores 2 goals in 8 seconds, breaking the previous team record. (NHL record is 7 seconds, I believe)

There's another dubious honor they also have this season so far. Can't remember.

What the fvck is with this team? I swear it's the Jets on ice.
    Here is another one to add to your list. Flyers were outscored 12-3 in 3rd periods this season. Until tonight. Neither Isles nor Jets have won consecutive games this season. Hopefully Jets get it done tomorrow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    <ding>

Elevators back on the first floor.

Probably like the Jets tomorrow.

Isles just aren't that good of a team. Average, is all. A team that will contend for the eight seed, at best. Same as last year. Essentially the same team this year, so the result should be just about the same. And so far, we've nailed it.

Let's call a spade a spade.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    <ding>

Elevators back on the first floor.

Probably like the Jets tomorrow.

Isles just aren't that good of a team. Average, is all. A team that will contend for the eight seed, at best. Same as last year. Essentially the same team this year, so the result should be just about the same. And so far, we've nailed it.

Let's call a spade a spade.
    Bingo. We have a winner. With this coach and the blueline we have assembled I really doubt we are a playoff team.

I was gung-ho for the rookies and Nelson has looked good so far. So what does Cappy do....he benches him yet again for the likes of Regin and PMB. Donovan has not been progressing but regressing. Maybe it's the coaching, I don't know, but he is playing scared out there of making a mistake. He has been horrid the last few games.

Strome is still lingering around on an AHL team that is playing like ****. They have talent, is it the coaching, I'm going to lean towards a yes. Pellerin must go.

Until Cappy is gone we will never see the potential of what we have. But he is going nowhere, no matter how bad this team performs. That is all on the owner and Gm. He never deserved too be a head coach in the first place. He is beyond terrible not only with his line-ups but with his on ice match-ups.

At least Boulton threw some nice haymakers, it was the highlight of the game.

Lottery pick here we come.

I normally end it with a GO Isles.......But now I'm saying GO JETS and kick some bungles ass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just too add on. Great job Cappy playing PMB over Nelson. He was a -4 with one shot on goal and unbelievably one hit. Cappy can't go soon enough, even Tavares looks uninterested in his play so far.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    And to add insult to injury, there were a ton of flyers fans last night. Took my boy to the game and there was a group of 50 or so Zflyers fans in an upper echoing two over from the Loudville Group, not to mention the others liberally sprinkled around the arena. I fear for what Tuesday will look like.

$30 for 2nd row of the 200s just inside the blue line? Can't beat that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're still feeling the effects of the DiPietro era as he hung around way too long when we should have been trying out other guys. I really liked Montoya and would have liked to see him developed more, although I think he's been injured for awhile. I believe he pitched a shut out recently.

Terrible offseason, should have made more of an effort for free agents. I've been a big Snow supporter, I only hope he was restrained by the cheapskate Wang. Snow seems smart enough to know that this would happen. Even we knew.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    We're still feeling the effects of the DiPietro era as he hung around way too long when we should have been trying out other guys. I really liked Montoya and would have liked to see him developed more, although I think he's been injured for awhile. I believe he pitched a shut out recently.

Terrible offseason, should have made more of an effort for free agents. I've been a big Snow supporter, I only hope he was restrained by the cheapskate Wang. Snow seems smart enough to know that this would happen. Even we knew.
    Isn't Montoya the starter for Winnipeg? Playing well, last I saw.

Snow should definitely be on notice. Isn't this year 7? With all the high draft picks over 7 years, it oughta be better than this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 18m
    #ISLES TRANSACTION: Islanders acquire Thomas Vanek from Buffalo Sabres for Matt Moulson & picks - http://nyisl.es/qe0js

Moulson a 2014 1st and a 2015 2nd. Seems like a lot go give up for a guy hwo I don't think is signed beyond this season. Lets hope this works out.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 10-27-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 30m
    BREAKING: #Isles have traded Matt Moulson, their 2014 1st-round pick and a 2015 2nd-round pick to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek.
    Expand

Holy shyt they better be able to sign him long term. Just WOW JT finally gets his RW.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just went from one of the ****tyist days to one of the best. Snow showing some major balls with a move like this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 18m
    #ISLES TRANSACTION: Islanders acquire Thomas Vanek from Buffalo Sabres for Matt Moulson & picks - http://nyisl.es/qe0js

Moulson a 2014 1st and a 2015 2nd. Seems like a lot go give up for a guy hwo I don't think is signed beyond this season. Lets hope this works out.
    Damn Lith beat me by a minute. This could be great trade if they can lock Vanek up, or it could be disastrous if he walks.

He is an UFA after this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Damn Lith beat me by a minute. This could be great trade if they can lock Vanek up, or it could be disastrous if he walks.
    High risk, high reward. They had better be able to extend him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    High risk, high reward. They had better be able to extend him.
    Any ideas on the top 6 lines.
    For me I would like:

Bailey-JT-Vanek
    Grabs-Nielsen-Okposo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas on the top 6 lines.
    For me I would like:

Bailey-JT-Vanek
    Grabs-Nielsen-Okposo

That is probably how it will go. JT & Vanek on the top line and you can't separate Grabs and Nielsen the way they are playing this year. Only question is Okposo and Bailey. I guess we will find out Tuesday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just went from one of the ****tyist days to one of the best. Snow showing some major balls with a move like this.
    Just like he showed major balls with the Ryan Smth trade, and we all know how that worked out.

I have to say I feel a bit gutted about losing Moulson, he was one of my favorite Islanders.