Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders 2013-14

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Agreed.

And you know what last years fluke playoff appearance bought the team? More time with Garth and Cappy.

It's definitely time for Garth to go. He's had enough time to rebuild. This team should be WAY beyond where they are now for as long as Garth's been here. The Vanek trade is just such a huge head-scratcher to me. Maybe, if one of us has time, we can put together a list of Garths trades. Probably not too impressive of a list.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look no further than how Garth addressed our biggest needs in free agency. We needed goaltending and defense. Everyone knew this, but he signs two wimpy worthless forwards on a team that desperately needs size throughout the roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Look no further than how Garth addressed our biggest needs in free agency. We needed goaltending and defense. Everyone knew this, but he signs two wimpy worthless forwards on a team that desperately needs size throughout the roster.
    And then trades away picks and a forward for a forward. Hello? <Herm Edwards voice> You trade to win the game!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    And then trades away picks and a forward for a forward. Hello? <Herm Edwards voice> You trade to win the game!
    Not to pile on, but he also traded a forward for a forward in the Niedereiter deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Not to pile on, but he also traded a forward for a forward in the Niedereiter deal.
    Yes he did. AND, isn't Nino doing well?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he did. AND, isn't Nino doing well?
    I have not seen him play, but his numbers certainly look a lot better than Clutterbuck's. What should we have expected when you trade for a guy whose name rhymes with "clusterf..."

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I woke up pissed off this morning about the Islander game. It's friggin November.

I think i need to emotionally detach myself from this team or a while. This is not healthy. It was better when I had no expectations...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I woke up pissed off this morning about the Islander game. It's friggin November.

I think i need to emotionally detach myself from this team or a while. This is not healthy. It was better when I had no expectations...
    I hit the "Meh, fvck them" stage last week during the 4 game slide. Sucks, too, 'cause they're the only reason I ordered Center Ice. Now I don't care if I see a game or not, except for the $2 I'll be wasting if I don't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

It is easier said than done. I WANTED too skip the great college games to watch my beloved Isles on saturday nights.

Then after the recent slide, I told myself that I will now enjoy those great college football saturday night games.

Guess what I'll be watching tomorrow night?

It's called being a diehard fan. Guilty as charged.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, I am getting ready to watch the next game. Optimistic as always before the game. Is this the game that will turn the season around? Nabby back in net, will he return to the form that helped us get to the playoffs last year. Grabs and Nielsen back together on the 2nd line. Another night without Vanek, but it means one more chance for Nelson to shine with the first line.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching on DVR. Wish I had something better to do on a Saturday night...

Anyway, Tavares scores on a nice deflection.

Nine seconds later, yep, that's right, nine seconds later, on the Red Wings first shot, Nappy lets it in.

Hurt himself, and Poulins in net, but still. WTF, Nappy. How Manytimes have the Isles scored this season, and within two minutes, Nappy lets one in right back?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching on DVR. Wish I had something better to do on a Saturday night...

Anyway, Tavares scores on a nice deflection.

Nine seconds later, yep, that's right, nine seconds later, on the Red Wings first shot, Nappy lets it in.

Hurt himself, and Poulins in net, but still. WTF, Nappy. How Manytimes have the Isles scored this season, and within two minutes, Nappy lets one in right back?
    At least this time they went 33 seconds between goals. Unbelievable. Can a team be any more frustrating than this team has been?

Edit: OK, nice answer back by Nelson on the PP. Can we get to the break still tied?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least this time they went 33 seconds between goals. Unbelievable. Can a team be any more frustrating than this team has been?

Edit: OK, nice answer back by Nelson on the PP. Can we get to the break still tied?
    Sigh. Detroit ties it up with the goalie pulled.

OT power play= fail.

On to the shootout.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They don't make them easy. But still gotta be happy with the two points. Just a shame that we play such a great 3rd period for 19 minutes and then have to sweat it out through OT and the shootout.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we are going too find out what we have in Poulin. Sucks for Nabby, but he has looked broken all season.

Nice too see Brock playing well. Every game since he has been on the first line he is generating quality scoring chances. JT has also been racking up the points with him on his wing. It will be interesting when Vanek comes back.

I wish I could say the same for Donovan. So far, no good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Nelson played a great game tonight -- a lot of opportunities, he is the one guy that seems to get to the net, especially on the power play. I also like what I have seen from Ness so far, he looks like a keeper. Goalie play is still scaring the sh!t out of me. Gustavsson stole a point for the Red Wings - when have we seen a performance like that from one of our guys in the 3rd period with the game on the line. Poulin needs to step up big time.

Assuming Nabby is gonna be down for a while, I would guess we will see Nilsson up here, but neither he nor Reiter have distinguished themselves in Bridgeport to have earned a look.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Nelson played a great game tonight -- a lot of opportunities, he is the one guy that seems to get to the net, especially on the power play. I also like what I have seen from Ness so far, he looks like a keeper. Goalie play is still scaring the sh!t out of me. Gustavsson stole a point for the Red Wings - when have we seen a performance like that from one of our guys in the 3rd period with the game on the line. Poulin needs to step up big time.

Assuming Nabby is gonna be down for a while, I would guess we will see Nilsson up here, but neither he nor Reiter have distinguished themselves in Bridgeport to have earned a look.

I THINK, but am not sure that it has to be Nilsson. I don't think Reiter has ever signed a contract with the Isles and why waste an ELC if you have no future plans for the player. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, just my interpretation of the CBA. These hockey rules are even more perplexing than the NFL.

Forgot to add. Nabby will be done until at least february. Put it down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also not a big fan of Ness. He has put up a couple of points but it looks like he is fighting for his life out there, and not in a good way. Turnovers, getting bullied in front of his net, and too many blind outlet passes.

TBQH the only current Dman I like is Hammer and he needs to hit the net more often. I left out Vis because of the IR but between him and Hammer they are the only two quality NHL Dmen we have. IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two points is two points. I'll take 'em.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Took the boys and wife to the game last night.....a lot of mixed emotions. Onone hand, the absolutely dominated the 3rd period until that last rush, which was 100% on Poulin. OTOH, WTF is up with these lapses? We didn't finish cheering and they already had a 2-0 breakaway. And again, we haven't stopped a breakaway all season.

Cizikas got absolutely. Demolished by Helm early in the game.....I was looking for revenge the rest of the way. I guess Casey got it with his goal.

We need a Dman (any Dman) back in the worst way. I haven't hated Ness, but he's another midget. We need either our QB or at least a lil grit on our back line.

What's the word on Vanek? Tuesday?