Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: de Blasio Wins NYC Mayor Primary/Both Spitzer & Weiner LOSE!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

de Blasio Wins NYC Mayor Primary/Both Spitzer & Weiner LOSE!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/elec...icle-1.1451776

Bill de Blasio leads Democratic primary tally for New York City mayor, but Bill Thompson threatens runoff; Joe Lhota wins GOP primary

With 98% of the precincts reporting, de Blasio had 40% of the vote early Wednesday, while Thompson trailed in second with 26%. Lhota beat rival billionaire John Catsimatidis.

Bill de Blasio, the city’s 6-foot-5-inch public advocate, claimed a towering victory Tuesday in the Democratic race for mayor — but former Controller Bill Thompson refused to give up until “every vote” is counted.
    And with 98% of the precincts reporting, it was not clear early Wednesday morning whether de Blasio had won the Democratic nomination — or whether Thompson had corraled just enough support to force a runoff in three weeks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/elec...icle-1.1451808

New York voters soundly reject sex-scandal-ridden pols

Constituents weren’t in forgiving moods Tuesday, as Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Micah Kellner and Vito Lopez — all embroiled in sex scandals — were denied electoral redemption

In the end, they were the pervs the city didn’t deserve.

New York voters handily rejected on Tuesday disgraced politicians Anthony Weiner and Eliot Spitzer, who had sought electoral redemption after their respective sex scandals.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone can post a link (havent figured out to do it on the Ipad yet)..nice article in the Times about how...wait for it....the lib elite in NYC is in full panic mode because their own pockets will get picked to pay for the social-welfare state they prescribe to exist outside of their Limo-windows, lol.

According to the TImes, Joe Lhota (R) is the de-facto beneficiary of the rats that are leaping off that sinking ship, lol.

Wait...I thought it was all about the " 'Fro"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't kid yourself 3-2, if our next Mayor wasn't elected last night, he will be in 3 weeks. There aren't nearly enough votes in that sweet spot, those who are going to 'get their pockets picked' AND think it will hurt them enough to make them vote against their beliefs, to even make it close.

Prolly something the Times cooked up to make sure Dems don't stay home.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Thanks, FJ. Thats the one.

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    There aren't nearly enough votes in that sweet spot, those who are going to 'get their pockets picked' AND think it will hurt them enough to make them vote against their beliefs, to even make it close.
    I hear ya, but when it comes down to it with most with the lib mindset, real "beliefs" and outwardly proclaimed political views are two different things;

In this case, the facade of spread it around, everyone deserves a piece of the pie melts away to the core belief; I think its wonderful to espouse these utopian ideals, go to the cocktail parties, polo in the Hamptons....it makes me feel good....except when I have to pay for it.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Thanks, FJ. Thats the one.

I hear ya, but when it comes down to it with most with the lib mindset, real "beliefs" and outwardly proclaimed political views are two different things;

In this case, the facade of spread it around, everyone deserves a piece of the pie melts away to the core belief; I think its wonderful to espouse these utopian ideals, go to the cocktail parties, polo in the Hamptons....it makes me feel good....except when I have to pay for it.

-
    Not to mention the hand wringing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Surely there are those that do that, it's what's expected of them, to fit in in those circles, and for many it might affect their bottom line from a business perspective if they didn't. But the more wealthy tend to just speak their mind. Bloomberg is a good example of this, as is the fact that he was elected, 3 times, when people felt we needed his type if financial guidance. Good move, NYC.

Cuts both ways though, and while the dollar value is greater on the NYC/lib side, there are more votes on the other side, where you'll find parents of kids that might say they loathe social programs etc., but know the schools their kids go to will be worse off than they are now, which costs them money out of pocket (that they can less afford than their rich-lib counterparts) with Lhota.

At the end of the day, in my experience (born in LI, live in Manhattan, many of my friends still on LI) this is the hope and favorite topic of discussion for the suburbanites, with no horse in the race, more so than the actual electorate. We'll see, I guess.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's Republican Joe Lhota's position re: Stop & Frisk? If he's for it he might get a lot of support. de Blasio is obviously against it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Not to mention the hand wringing.
    Well now that you mentioned not mentioning it while mentioning it, there's that too.

Surely there are those that do that, it's what's expected of them, to fit in in those circles, and for many it might affect their bottom line from a business perspective if they didn't. But the more wealthy tend to just speak their mind. Bloomberg is a good example of this, as is the fact that he was elected, 3 times, when people felt we needed his type if financial guidance. Good move, NYC.

Cuts both ways though, and while the dollar value is greater on the NYC/lib side, there are more votes on the other side, where you'll find parents of kids that might say they loathe social programs etc., but know the schools their kids go to will be worse off than they are now, which costs them money out of pocket (that they can less afford than their rich-lib counterparts) with Lhota.

At the end of the day, in my experience (born in LI, live in Manhattan, many of my friends still on LI) this is the hope and favorite topic of discussion for the suburbanites, with no horse in the race, more so than the actual electorate. We'll see, I guess.
    I have no faith that the rank and file civilians understand the depths of the issues before them, so yeah, you are correct. Expecially with urban policing and dealing with the wreckage of what liberal programs and platitudes have wrought on minority communities.

"Heads up their arse" and "heads buried in the sand" come to mind.

"SQF" and "teh Fro", dominated the debate, whats that tell you. Insert rolled eyes here.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    What's Republican Joe Lhota's position re: Stop & Frisk? If he's for it he might get a lot of support. de Blasio is obviously against it.
    He supports it; However, what he would do well to do is admit that some facets of the concept were corrupted under the numbers driven machine of COmpstat, while emphasizing that ironically, it was minority communities that benefitted by the application of the NYS CPL Statute (its not an NYPD invention). Now of course, some dont consider a massive reduction in gun-deaths amongst minority youth as a benefit...having seen dozens and dozens of wasted lives lying in the street with a sheet over them...I do.

I know I beat a dead horse on here about that...but at the end of the day, people forget what NYC was like when cops were told to do nothing except take past-crime reports.

SQF, properly administered by COMPETENT cops, saves lives. Lhota would do well do articulate that.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 09-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    , there are more votes on the other side, where you'll find parents of kids that might say they loathe social programs etc., but know the schools their kids go to will be worse off than they are now, which costs them money out of pocket (that they can less afford than their rich-lib counterparts) with Lhota.
    worse with Lhota? What are you basing that on? More like worse with Bill deBloviating: he'll easily turn NYC into Detroit-lite

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SQF, properly administered by COMPETENT cops, saves lives. Lhota would do well do articulate that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone can post a link (havent figured out to do it on the Ipad yet)..nice article in the Times about how...wait for it....the lib elite in NYC is in full panic mode because their own pockets will get picked to pay for the social-welfare state they prescribe to exist outside of their Limo-windows, lol.

According to the TImes, Joe Lhota (R) is the de-facto beneficiary of the rats that are leaping off that sinking ship, lol.

Wait...I thought it was all about the " 'Fro"?

Libs act like there is no recourse. The number of companies who have moved to SC/NC in the last 5 years is amazing. TIAA CREF comes to mind but countless others.

How many more good jobs have to leave NYC?

I cant find the cite but somewhere I read that NYC's top 5 percent rich pay over half the income tax or there about. There is uber wealth in NYC. Those earning 8 figures annually. They can move.... Bloomberg at least understood this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goodbye Elliot Spitzer!

Goodbye Anthony Weiner!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Goodbye Elliot Spitzer!

Goodbye Anthony Weiner!

Goodbye Joe Lhota

:byebye

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thompson conceded this morning, looks like DeBlasio is our next Mayor...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Thompson conceded this morning, looks like DeBlasio is our next Mayor...
    If you think the bad old 80's aint coming back to NY, look at who just elected Brooklyn DA and what his platform/priorities are. COmbine this with DeBlasio's disdain for law enforcement and you have just set the stage for a decline into the violence and mayhem that defined that era.

How soon people forget, but as one columnist said, many of the fools now enjoying the relative peace and railing against the man werent even here for 9/11 never mind the 80's.

I'd say I feel bad for the Urban pioneers that poured into Brooklyn after the streets were taken back, but for the most part they are all cop-hating hipsters that are just as likely to be ocuppying Wall Street as they are to be I-Phone filming cawps every time they step from their vehicles.

If they think they've earned some sort of pass from the hordes when things go bad, they have another thing coming!

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think the bad old 80's aint coming back to NY, look at who just elected Brooklyn DA and what his platform/priorities are. COmbine this with DeBlasio's disdain for law enforcement and you have just set the stage for a decline into the violence and mayhem that defined that era.

How soon people forget, but as one columnist said, many of the fools now enjoying the relative peace and railing against the man werent even here for 9/11 never mind the 80's.

I'd say I feel bad for the Urban pioneers that poured into Brooklyn after the streets were taken back, but for the most part they are all cop-hating hipsters that are just as likely to be ocuppying Wall Street as they are to be I-Phone filming cawps every time they step from their vehicles.

If they think they've earned some sort of pass from the hordes when things go bad, they have another thing coming!

-
    DeBlasio makes Dinkins look like Ronald Reagan. I feel bad for the the residents of NYC, except the city and state supported residents, they will do quite well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

-
    Just curious....do you have a time frame for this? Just trying to make some plans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just curious....do you have a time frame for this? Just trying to make some plans.
    Like what?

What time is the civil unrest on and how far are you sitting from it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Like what?

What time is the civil unrest on and how far are you sitting from it?

This is no joke...the city under Dinkns was a cesspool. Squegee men, piss smell subways, filth everywhere. The city was a shlthole until Giulianii arrived.