Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan Once Told Team He Was 'Going to Punch Bill Belichick In The Face'

Jets Insider VIP

Rex Ryan Once Told Team He Was 'Going to Punch Bill Belichick In The Face'

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7465--nfl.html

At least LT wasn't throwing dirt on us this time.

Rex is the best

Stuff like this is the reason why you want to see Rex correct some of his faults as a coach and stay here for a long time.

Offensively-challenged he may be, but we all know he's a great defensive coach and clearly he was able to get at least one offensive guy motivated for a big win against the Pats. Hope he and Marty aren't a hit-and-quit relationship.

All Pro
    Rex did a fantastic Job getting the Team to cherish the Underdog role in all those Playoff wins a couple of years ago. I mean that NE win is a game we as Jets fans will remember forever as we had no Chance and beat our biggest rival in their Stadium in the most impropable Fashion. I still remember that night all by myself here in Germany living and dying with every throw, every run and every tackle...

Rex being Rex. But in Rex's defense who wouldn't want to punch Bellicheat in the face?

angry-bill-belichick-patriots1.jpg

All Pro
    Remember the press conference after the TB game, Rex immediately took the blame for the Long reception to Jackson. Didn't blame Landry for the missed tackle, didn't blame anybody leaving him open... he took it all on him! His Players love that about him and will go every extra Yard for him...

All Pro
    And this is why Rex needs to stay in NY. I would wanna run through a wall if my coach told me he was gonna start off the bloodbath by punching the opposing coach, especially if he was a Satan reincarnation like BB.

Contrary to popular belief, players still like playing for Rex, and they won't quit on him.

Rexs is a players coach he he will do anything for his players including playing the bad guy

Rookie
    It's kinda sad that your team need your coach to tell them he's going to punch another coach in the face to be motivated. I wonder why he didn't use that same line the last 4 games against the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by PTP View Post
    Rexs is a players coach he he will do anything for his players including playing the bad guy

That's what a great coach does. In the film room or at practice he will take guys to task for missing assignments. In the press he will put everything on himself.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Stuff like this is the reason why you want to see Rex correct some of his faults as a coach and stay here for a long time.

Offensively-challenged he may be, but we all know he's a great defensive coach and clearly he was able to get at least one offensive guy motivated for a big win against the Pats. Hope he and Marty aren't a hit-and-quit relationship.
    + 1,000,000

Rex can get the most out of this team if he sticks to Defense and completely let's MM manage the O. The resident geniuses here will prob want to kill me for this statement, but I want to see Rex re-signed in the offseason. His mistakes are correctable and he has been working to correct him. You don't get rid of coaches who players will do anything for, and who is a genius on one side of the ball. You give them the resources to do better(hire Idzik to fix the cap/reload the roster, hire MM to manage/improve the O)

Hall Of Fame
    Normally I hate bulletin board material but when it comes to the Pats I think this stuff has the opposite effect. Rex has gotten into Belichick's head in the past and I think this will ruffle the Pats feathers but will end up working in our favor.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    It's kinda sad that your team need your coach to tell them he's going to punch another coach in the face to be motivated. I wonder why he didn't use that same line the last 4 games against the Pats.
    agreed. This is an adult talking to other adults in a professional sport. He can win the respect of his players in much different ways.

Here's the video of LT discussing Rex being a "master motivator"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...tyles-examined

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Here's the video of LT discussing Rex being a "master motivator"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...tyles-examined
    Hey smarty smarts its in the opening post. Good God

Tomlinson needs to learn that some things are not to be discussed

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Rex being Rex. But in Rex's defense who wouldn't want to punch Bellicheat in the face?

angry-bill-belichick-patriots1.jpg
    Tom Brady

So did he punch him in the face?

Another broken promise like those Lombardies he guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    So did he punch him in the face?

Another broken promise like those Lombardies he guaranteed.
    Another Tanny Bust™