Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rex Ryan Once Told Team He Was 'Going to Punch Bill Belichick In The Face'

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    It's kinda sad that your team need your coach to tell them he's going to punch another coach in the face to be motivated. I wonder why he didn't use that same line the last 4 games against the Pats.
    Better than shooting somebody though. Amirite?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Better than shooting somebody though. Amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    STFU Pats troll
    EAD and GFY Rah Rah.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Stuff like this is the reason why you want to see Rex correct some of his faults as a coach and stay here for a long time.

Offensively-challenged he may be, but we all know he's a great defensive coach and clearly he was able to get at least one offensive guy motivated for a big win against the Pats. Hope he and Marty aren't a hit-and-quit relationship.
    + infinity. Speaking for myself, in my lifetime, Rex is the best coach the Jets ever had; and before anyone jumps on me, no I was not around in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I have a problem with LT saying a bunch of things to garner attention at the expense of his former team mates and staff that stood by him. The Chargers players despised him for his obvious selfishness. He's a weasel.
    Proof? He was a good Jet and a leader.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Rex being Rex. But in Rex's defense who wouldn't want to punch Bellicheat in the face?

Attachment 4271
    Maybe if I was wearing some latex gloves. That **** won't come off.

Hall Of Fame
    LT has the biggest f-ing mouth! Anything to appear significant. I haven't liked his commentary before. He's a weasel. Plus he sounds stupid and barely literate. Just to add insult.
    I have a problem with LT saying a bunch of things to garner attention at the expense of his former team mates and staff that stood by him. The Chargers players despised him for his obvious selfishness. He's a weasel.
    Dial down the hate meter a few notches.

LT was a leader in SD. He carried that franchise for years. And then he was a leader in NY. First ballot HoF. He was beloved.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DickWood View Post
    That's the way a Jet fan puts a Pats Fag in his place. I swear, I dunno why these guys come to this board in the first place, never mind how they are aloud to thump their chests. F 'em. They'll all disappear after we KILL them in their own house, that rat hole of a stadium their drunken POS owner built. Right guys?!
    Welcome back Curley.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That's the way a Jet fan puts a Pats Fag in his place. I swear, I dunno why these guys come to this board in the first place, never mind how they are aloud to thump their chests. F 'em. They'll all disappear after we KILL them in their own house, that rat hole of a stadium their drunken POS owner built. Right guys?!
    No they don't disappear! These fags are like cockroaches!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Rex being Rex. But in Rex's defense who wouldn't want to punch Bellicheat in the face?

Attachment 4271
    Bellicheat...isnt that Little Steven Van Zant?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Nice try, GuidoPatorlooe

-

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No they don't disappear! These fags are like cockroaches!!!
    Not true, cockroaches have higher standards.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Dial down the hate meter a few notches.

LT was a leader in SD. He carried that franchise for years. And then he was a leader in NY. First ballot HoF. He was beloved.

On the field LT was great. He also seems like he was a great teammate and locker room presence. Post NFL career, the guy has a big mouth. NFL locker rooms are sacred. Look at it from the other perspective. Does Rex really want the world knowing he joked that he was going to punch BB in the mouth? Does Rex really want or need to field questions about that today? Does it benefit Rex or the Jets at all to have this story come out? That's how LT should be looking at it before he comes out with this crap. If he wants to say Rex was a great motivator and really got the guys up for games then say so. But lockerroom/team meeting conversations and speeches are not meant for the media or the fans, they're meant for the players. What is said in those meeting should stay private.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    On the field LT was great. He also seems like he was a great teammate and locker room presence. Post NFL career, the guy has a big mouth. NFL locker rooms are sacred. Look at it from the other perspective. Does Rex really want the world knowing he joked that he was going to punch BB in the mouth? Does Rex really want or need to field questions about that today? Does it benefit Rex or the Jets at all to have this story come out? That's how LT should be looking at it before he comes out with this crap. If he wants to say Rex was a great motivator and really got the guys up for games then say so. But lockerroom/team meeting conversations and speeches are not meant for the media or the fans, they're meant for the players. What is said in those meeting should stay private.
    He is paid to give his opinion. What do you expect him to do? What he said on Inside the NFL was the truth. Rex even admitted to the locker room being bad. As for this story I agree that I would rather it go unsaid and remain in the locker room but it really isn't a big deal. If you ever listen to some interviews with older players they talk about stuff way more crazy than that. And to be honest, I think Rex welcomes this. He gets to be the "old Rex" without having to do anything that might piss off Idzik. I think this will work in the Jets favor. NE always has a twig stuck up their ass and something like this will miff them even more. Rex has done well in the psychological warfare stuff with Belichick before.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Nice try, GuidoPatorlooe

-
    Wow. This guy (Guido) must have the most pathetic life of anyone I know of.

Rookie
    He is paid to give his opinion. What do you expect him to do? What he said on Inside the NFL was the truth. Rex even admitted to the locker room being bad. As for this story I agree that I would rather it go unsaid and remain in the locker room but it really isn't a big deal. If you ever listen to some interviews with older players they talk about stuff way more crazy than that. And to be honest, I think Rex welcomes this. He gets to be the "old Rex" without having to do anything that might piss off Idzik. I think this will work in the Jets favor. NE always has a twig stuck up their ass and something like this will miff them even more. Rex has done well in the psychological warfare stuff with Belichick before.
    Well, there's the contradiction...... he was SUPPOSED to be such a great LEADER, then the locker room problems fall on him, as well. He shouldn't be talking about the bad locker room, without acknowledging his own culpability.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow. This guy (Guido) must have the most pathetic life of anyone I know of.
    Thanks, Jordy.

(Tuukkaa on the ice today!!!!!0

Hall Of Fame

Rex Ryan Once Told Team He Was 'Going to Punch Bill Belichick In The Face'

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Well, there's the contradiction...... he was SUPPOSED to be such a great LEADER, then the locker room problems fall on him, as well. He shouldn't be talking about the bad locker room, without acknowledging his own culpability.
    In part it does. But there are a handful of other guys that should have stepped up before him.

I don't remember everything he said after that season but it wouldn't surprise me if he did take some of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Here's the video of LT discussing Rex being a "master motivator"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...tyles-examined
    Motivation only goes so far, but coaching, consistency and accountability are just as important. The later part of this statement has been this teams problem. What I thought was different last week against Tampa, was that this team was pumped and played with a lot of fire. They were really working hard as a team. The effort was their, it was different than the last two seasons. They were better coached than last season. Lets see what happen tonight can't wait.

So give an opinion and leave it at that. This guy has pretty much thrown every one of his old teammates under the bus once he joined NFL Network. Santonio, Mark, Rex, you name it. He knows damn well right now his "supposed" friends and ex teammates/coaches are chum in the water for the media. They are intently trying like hell to find any good reason to keep the circus going, and he continuously feeds them a bone and has done so from day one since his retirement. If he really cares to tell how great a motivator Rex is and actually cares about the guy, say just that and leave it there. Don't feed a very obvious soundbyte that will no doubt incite the media to run with it and make a mountain out of a molehill. I don't care what his job is today, he still has a responsibility to respect the fraternity he was once a part of.

In part it does. But there are a handful of other guys that should have stepped up before him.

I don't remember everything he said after that season but it wouldn't surprise me if he did take some of the blame.
    You find me one time he ever took the blame. LT was never a leader. Never. Great player, but not a leader. We're talking about the guy who sulked on the sideline with his helmet on sitting out of a playoff game against the Pats with a sore, not injured, but sore knee while his QB was out there giving up his guts on a severely sprained knee trying to win the game for them. LT was a great player. Generational player. But not a leader at all.