Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort: Surgery for Sanchez Likely

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Mort: Surgery for Sanchez Likely

@mortreport: Jets QB Mark Sanchez is likely to have surgery after Dr. James Andrews confirmed he has a labral tear in right shoulder, per league sources

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and THAT'S how Sanchez's career will end as a Jet......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @mortreport: Jets QB Mark Sanchez is likely to have surgery after Dr. James Andrews confirmed he has a labral tear in right shoulder, per league sources
    Goodbye and good luck Mark. Wish it had worked out better for all of us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel bad for the guy.

It's your team now, Geno. Time to lead the fellas.

#yoloswag

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - that's big, bad news for Sanchez. I had a small labral tear in my left shoulder (non-interception-throwing. I opted not to have surgery but it's never been the same since. For an NFL QB - I have to think that's career-threatening. I'm as tired of Mark as anyone - but still a sad way to go out frankly. I am trying to remember ANY other starting QBs who ever came back from labrum surgery . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Espn reporting its season ending. Pissed at Rex. But all aboard the Geno train

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 47s
    League sources say Sanchez is NOT having surgery at this time. It has not been ruled out but he is going to continue rehabbing shoulder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Geno is fried by week 3 or 4 .... This will end Rex. Terrible ... Rex can coach his butt off on D but as a head coach after what he did to mark his chances are done in this league if he leaves after this year here. He's gonna get a defensive gig super easy like wade phillps but he will never head coach again. Watch

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen to you.

Seriously, I had high hopes for him when he was fresh faced and enthusiastic. Then he got sullen and erratic and beaten down by the media, his coaches, and his own crappy self esteem. Damaged goods. Have fun backing up Russell Wilson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez Has Partial Labrum Tear...

Sanchez likely to need surgery...
    Just reported on WFAN...
    Anyone have a link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Have fun getting another NFL job period.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as we hated Sanchez at the time of his injury he was #1 in the Qb competition here. No GM, or owner will ever forget what he did to a QB that was drafted under his watch. This is flat out terrible and will haunt him forever. GM's and owners like to protect 14 million dollar investments, 1st round picks, and QB's at the top of the depth chart. This is just wow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LDone, I doubt anyone even cares.

#yoloswag

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be ok I'm sure.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Wow - that's big, bad news for Sanchez. I had a small labral tear in my left shoulder (non-interception-throwing. I opted not to have surgery but it's never been the same since. For an NFL QB - I have to think that's career-threatening. I'm as tired of Mark as anyone - but still a sad way to go out frankly. I am trying to remember ANY other starting QBs who ever came back from labrum surgery . . .
    Drew Brees had a 360 degree tear of the labrum as well as rotator cuff tear. Seems fine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still don't understand the motivation for putting Mark out there in the preseason. There was no gain in sight.

That being said, this is just speeding up the inevitable. His career started out promising, but he was unable to grow as a QB. The Buttfumble will live with him forever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welp so long Sanchez. Sorry it had to end like this. Everybody hated you hear, but you had some good times with us.

Best of luck in your future endeavors

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Drew Brees had a 360 degree tear of the labrum as well as rotator cuff tear. Seems fine.
    Wow - ok - dem's the facts. Maybe I should have had surgery(!).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I still don't understand the motivation for putting Mark out there in the preseason. There was no gain in sight.

That being said, this is just speeding up the inevitable. His career started out promising, but he was unable to grow as a QB. The Buttfumble will live with him forever.
    You really think he cares or thinks about that 1 play. I repeat, that 1 play. Only 'fans' and geeky media members continue to make a big deal out of 1 play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was totally evident that Mark didnt deserve to be our qb, but this is a really sad way to go out. That being said I don't understand why people think it's some sort of travesty that Rex had him out there. It's not like Mark didnt need the reps. It's football, it happens.