Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort: Surgery for Sanchez Likely

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    No, my guess is you are a young fan who wasn't alive or doesn't remember the brister, O'Donnell, esiason years. You expect every player to be an all pro. If you are like me, it kind of gets old to recycle QBs and coaches every 3 years. With Pennington, it was all injuries, with Sanchez, I think it was pole player development. Cavanaugh was a joke. Who is he the qb coach for again?
    I agree with you 100%

But hopefully we have a professional FO now and I further hope we are headed in the proper direction.....

However I definitely understand what you are saying....

No, my guess is you are a young fan who wasn't alive or doesn't remember the brister, O'Donnell, esiason years. You expect every player to be an all pro. If you are like me, it kind of gets old to recycle QBs and coaches every 3 years. With Pennington, it was all injuries, with Sanchez, I think it was pole player development. Cavanaugh was a joke. Who is he the qb coach for again?
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    So Sanchez' biggest supporter (Rex) trying to have him be the hero, in a completely meaningless game, has probably ended his Jet career...
    Oh the irony...
    and if the jets somehow beat the pats and geno plays reasonably well, rex may well have bought himself at least one more season as hc. oh the irony...

Boom.

And the Sanchez protection squad proceeds to pat each other on the back, lol.

#yoloswag

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Thinking about the hit, there is no way that hit caused the injury, it just wasn't that bad. To me, the hit made an original injury worse, I think I agree with the notion that Sanchez may have been playing on a bum shoulder going back a season or maybe even two?
    Dr Ray Ray doing his virtual diagnosis. I saw the hit and a 300 pound lineman smashed Sanchez's shoulder into the ground---Are you delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If his career is finished , yes, he will think about that one play for a lifetime.
    BS! IMO. Would you? Or would you think of a TD pass or 3rd down completion in a playoff game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol you can't be that dumb? Despite what coaches said for "competition" you don't think the terrible play by Sanchez the past two years did not matter? Or the fact Sanchez always played better in preseason/practice then the live games that count.. Sanchez made critical errors/turnovers in preseason anyway.. But MM felt he can teach this kid on the go while mark we all know has been stuck in the mud the past two years unable to improve/learn from mistakes no matter how hard he practiced in offseason.. After watching geno's performance in game 1, the right choice was clearly made. A game that counts..
    Forget that Sanchez and Genos preseason game stats were similar, both had 3 TOs. Forget that Sanchez has a failed history. Do people realize that they practice all day and that the coaches are watching, evaluating and grading them all the time?

Our internet GMs watch Geno throw 3 picks against the Giants and decide right then and there that Sanchez was better, over the preseason, the practices, the classroom etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Dr Ray Ray doing his virtual diagnosis. I saw the hit and a 300 pound lineman smashed Sanchez's shoulder into the ground---Are you delusional?
    What makes you more able to make a virtual diagnosis? Guess your expert opinion says that its not possible that Sanchez was hurt after the bigger hit one play earlier.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Forget that Sanchez and Genos preseason game stats were similar, both had 3 TOs. Forget that Sanchez has a failed history. Do people realize that they practice all day and that the coaches are watching, evaluating and grading them all the time?

Our internet GMs watch Geno throw 3 picks against the Giants and decide right then and there that Sanchez was better, over the preseason, the practices, the classroom etc.
    Thats very true. People are looking at the pre season games as the end all be all in the evaluation process. Thats hardly the case. Besides, there rarely is a "true competition" for the QB spot. There is usually a bias or a preferred outcome towards one of the players. I said it well before camp and still maintain that Geno would have to of played SIGNIFICANTLY worse than Sanchez to not "win" the starting job, and that wasnt the case.

Practice Squad
    Well...I was a huge Sanchez fan back in the day. We could dwell all day on what could have been. I'm sorry he got hurt and I appreciate his 2009 and 2010 seasons but I had a feeling this year was going to be the year we moved on from Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Let's play hindsight. Does Mark get the win against the Bucs last Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    If Dustin Hoffman played Forrest Gump would it have still won Oscars?
    Well done sir.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Best of luck to you Mark.

GO GENO!!!!!
    I have been a Sanchez holdout. Wanted one more chance. No more... Geno is the driver now. Time to move on. All the best to mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats very true. People are looking at the pre season games as the end all be all in the evaluation process. Thats hardly the case. Besides, there rarely is a "true competition" for the QB spot. There is usually a bias or a preferred outcome towards one of the players. I said it well before camp and still maintain that Geno would have to of played SIGNIFICANTLY worse than Sanchez to not "win" the starting job, and that wasnt the case.
    People aren't even this smart, they remember one preseason game. They look at 3 picks that lead to 0 points and forget the pick 6 in Detroit?

a sad end to a once-promising Jets career. say what you want about Sanchez but he has remained a pro throughout all of this. it just sucks that he won't get his shot at redemption (and salvage some value for the #5 pick investment).

it's Geno's team now and we need to be fully supportive of our young QB. everyone's riding high and feeling good after the win on Sunday, but lets not forget it didn't take much for Mark to go from "Sanchize" to "Broadway Schmo".

lets be patient with Geno and cross our fingers that the FO won't repeat the same mistakes that were made in the development of Sanchez.
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 09-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    a sad end to a once-promising Jets career. say what you want about Sanchez but he has remained a pro throughout all of this. it just sucks that he won't get his shot at redemption (and salvage some value for the #5 pick investment).

it's Geno's team now and we need to be fully supportive of our young QB. everyone's riding high and feeling good after the win on Sunday, but lets not forget it didn't take much for Mark to go from "Sanchize" to "Broadway Schmoe".

lets be patient with Geno and cross our fingers that the FO won't repeat the same mistakes that were made in the development of Sanchez.
    the huge difference b/t these qbs is the offensive system and coaching each has(d). at least geno is in an offense that plays to his strengths. and you also have to figure if they stick with him, they'll have enough draft picks and cap space to go out and get quality offensive skill players to make the offense go.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    This is silly. When Sanchez was inserted into the game no one - no announcer no reporter no fan said or tweeted this was a ridiculous or negligent move. Only after he got hurt. If Sanchez didn't get hurt no one would have said a word.
    Is that true? I wasn't watching at that point, but I thought I read where the guys calling the game were questioning it?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And the Sanchez protection squad proceeds to pat each other on the back, lol.

#yoloswag
    Shut it junior, take your medicine like a man!

And stop using hashtags in your posts, this isn't ****ing twitter!

There's no medicine to be taken. He got me completely wrong and the Sanchez fangirls ran to pat him and each other on the back.

I've never expected or demanded Sanchez be perfect. I fully understand that it takes some time to develop. However, the player in question is in his 5th season as a starter and still makes the same exact mistakes CONSTANTLY and never learns from them. Expecting a 5 year pro to be able to throw a screen without it going the other way for 6 isn't expecting perfection right away, it's expecting competence after years of on-the-job experience. He failed.

So, no, there's no medicine to be taken, Mr Depends.

#yoloswag

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Young? Yes. However, I don't expect every guy to be perfect. Not at all. Hill was far from perfect last year and I defended him when people were already calling him a bust. All I asked for from Sanchez was that he be adequate, and he couldn't do that. It's unfortunate, but oh well.

It's not just the buttfumble or lack of great passing stats. It's the constant mistakes, turnovers, and never learning from them. THAT'S what pisses me off with Sanchez. He doesn't have to be a HoFer, but he can't even be COMPETENT.

#yoloswag
    Sounds like you are talking about the buffoon we have as a coach, as well. This should cost that a**hole his job.