View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

68 73.91%
  • Patriots

24 26.09%
Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: New York Jets (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) W2

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    People still believe this is how Vegas works?

It's all about balancing the money. Bettors decide the line, not bookies.
    You misunderstand how vegas REALLY works. First off, you are right that Vegas wants even action. However, its how they get to even action is what should interest you.

For example, last week the Jets line was set at 3.5. EVERYONE was all over the Bucs at that line, so that means the line should have moved to 4 or 4.5 or even higher to get "even money", but it didn't. It just stayed at 3.5. Why is that?

Two theories:
    1- SG3 and rayray are billionaires and their large wagers were offsetting the 75% of the public who were betting on the Bucs, keeping the line at 3.5
    or
    2- The wiseguys/smart bettors were all over the Jets. The few big bettors making 10k-100k bets were on the Jets while the 75% of the public were betting 100-500 on the Bucs.

So when Vegas sets a line that seems fishy (like the jets game last week or the Chargers game last week), they aren't "rooting" for the Jets/SD, they are basically telling you that despite the "Publics' perception of these teams, the Wiseguys are going the other way.

The line this week is basically telling us that the pats, even without all their weapons on offense, are still considered by the public/wise guys as the far better team. If the line was at 14.5 I would think the Pats would kill the Jets. if the line was at 9.5, i would give the Jets a real chance to pull the upset. Instead the line is at 12 which I think is pretty fair (note that the public money is pretty evenly split on this game). So for a bettor, this is probably a game to stay away from as their are no "vegas indicators" telling you which way to go. If anything, the line is telling us to bet the pats, but its pretty marginal.

Always pumped up for a Jets-Pats game, really looking forward to this one, we have nothing to lose, pressure is all on the Pats tonight.

Weather not looking good. Could limit Brady, but on the other hand the last impression we had of Geno in college was struggling in bad weather against Syracuse.

I think he is really going to struggle tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Weather not looking good. Could limit Brady, but on the other hand the last impression we had of Geno in college was struggling in bad weather against Syracuse.

I think he is really going to struggle tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[QUOTE=RMJK;4982410] [/QUOTEJET fans luck lightning would hit Brady, Pats would bring.in a back up who whould be great for the next ten years & win 2 more champipnships!

THOU PIG HAST RIPENED FOR THY SLAUGHTER!!!

MAY KING RYAN DRINK THE BLOOD OF EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD IN FOXBORO!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

Two theories:
    1- SG3 and rayray are billionaires and their large wagers were offsetting the 75% of the public who were betting on the Bucs, keeping the line at 3.5
    or
    Outstanding

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You misunderstand how vegas REALLY works. First off, you are right that Vegas wants even action. However, its how they get to even action is what should interest you.

For example, last week the Jets line was set at 3.5. EVERYONE was all over the Bucs at that line, so that means the line should have moved to 4 or 4.5 or even higher to get "even money", but it didn't. It just stayed at 3.5. Why is that?

Two theories:
    or
    2- The wiseguys/smart bettors were all over the Jets. The few big bettors making 10k-100k bets were on the Jets while the 75% of the public were betting 100-500 on the Bucs.

So when Vegas sets a line that seems fishy (like the jets game last week or the Chargers game last week), they aren't "rooting" for the Jets/SD, they are basically telling you that despite the "Publics' perception of these teams, the Wiseguys are going the other way.

The line this week is basically telling us that the pats, even without all their weapons on offense, are still considered by the public/wise guys as the far better team. If the line was at 14.5 I would think the Pats would kill the Jets. if the line was at 9.5, i would give the Jets a real chance to pull the upset. Instead the line is at 12 which I think is pretty fair (note that the public money is pretty evenly split on this game). So for a bettor, this is probably a game to stay away from as their are no "vegas indicators" telling you which way to go. If anything, the line is telling us to bet the pats, but its pretty marginal.
    dear moron

leave me out of your typically illiterate, ignorant, lame and unfunny posts

thank you

Lets get itttt

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    They just said on ESPN that Pats best chance is to run the ball. They have very powerful runners and that sets up the play action. They don't give us much of a chance.

The key will be the Jets offensive line. They have to play much better than they did on Sunday. I didn't realize just how bad they were in the Tampa Bay game until I watched the All-22 tape. They missed or failed to maintain blocks, or blocked the wrong players, on just about every snap, it seemed. Vlad was particularly horrible, but everyone played poorly, really. Brick had one of his worst games and even Mangold had me shaking my head on some plays. But if Vlad doesn't play better, Wolfork is going to be in Geno's face all night.

Veteran
    Maybe I am dreaming - but I am wondering if the pure size/strength of Vlad might actually make for a better Wilfork matchup than we fear.

Vlad's a big boy and Wilfork isn't exactly an edge rusher; add in combo blocking - who knows . . .

@eallenjets: Just boarded the buses in Providence. We headed to Gillette momentarily. Just saw @ToneTime10 and @nickmangold jump on the players bus.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    People in the front:
    Let me hear you grunt!
    People in the middle: Shake it just a little!
    People in the back: Show us where you’re at!
    People in the stands: Jump up and clap
    your hands!

GE JETS!!!!

@eallenjets: Covered this in my Q&A @BeazerNYJ. Jets will wear white jerseys and white pants. Only road game we sport green jerseys is Miami.

Practice Squad
    J..E..T..S..JETS JETS JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    I hear thunder and lightning in my area Warwick NY. 3 1/2 hours from game time.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I don't know whats worse, the fact that the game might delay or the fact that you have super human hearing. :p

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post

You live in warwick? Ever go to bar called Eddies Roadhouse?