Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: This Offense lacks talent, skill and discipline

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

This Offense lacks talent, skill and discipline

The fact is this offense is not capable of beating any good or half decent teams. The receivers especially Gates are plain awful. Geno is not ready to be starting, and Mangold throwing a cheap shot after his QB gave the ball away is inexcusable.

The week 1 win was a gift. Anyone who thinks this team is going to be competing for a playoff spot needs to see a psychiatrist

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playoffs??? *insert Mora rant here*

Patriots defense is better than most give credit for, and Bellichek is Bellichek at the end of the day. It's a learning experience for our rookie QB who despite playing poor overall, especially in the 2nd half, flashed many a time in my view.

New system, new OC, new QB, new backs, terrible WRs. It's going to take time, but we just need to see progression. I think we're gonna be pleased come the end of the season even if we're sitting at 7-9.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playoff spot is highly doubtful but I still don't think this is a 4-12 team. Had Kerley been in the game, our passing game would have been tremendously better. Hopefully Kerley comes back and Gates can stay away from the field as a WR.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This offense lacks an offensive coordinator with a brain! Just like last year and the years before, same crap all over again!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Biggest lack of talent is at qb.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Biggest lack of talent is at qb.
    Get out of here with that. Big difference between talent and awareness. Rookies are gonna be rookies.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you believe Jeff George was a a super talented qb? You have to have to be talented in the head also. With an average qb, jets win this game. Missed hill in the end zone, threw interception in FG range, totally missed a big play at the end of the game to Holmes. Accuracy is a problem and the wrs suck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Playoffs??? *insert Mora rant here*

Patriots defense is better than most give credit for, and Bellichek is Bellichek at the end of the day. It's a learning experience for our rookie QB who despite playing poor overall, especially in the 2nd half, flashed many a time in my view.

New system, new OC, new QB, new backs, terrible WRs. It's going to take time, but we just need to see progression. I think we're gonna be pleased come the end of the season even if we're sitting at 7-9.
    7-9. Not going to happen. 4-12 at best.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    7-9. Not going to happen. 4-12 at best.
    Before the season started I predicted 3-13, with the addition of last weeks gift wrapped win, I think you are right

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying its gonna happen, but I'd hazard to guess we have a better shot of winning the next two then losing them vs. Buff and Tenn.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Before the season started I predicted 3-13, with the addition of last weeks gift wrapped win, I think you are right
    Do you not realize how absurdly good our defense has been? Any sort of improvement from Geno and we're winning games during that late season stretch EASILY.

Yes we were helped by drops tonight but our run defense was insane; that's still a great performance even if some of those drops are catches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/S9...noSandwich.gif

why dont videos work on this site anymore?
    Last edited by Dreamers; 09-13-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is only game 2 with a TON of young players. We have to keep things in perspective. This team had some really close plays that were almost completed. The WR's are not great and they are still learning. Geno is still learning them as well. Holmes and Geno can't have any chemistry since Holmes just started playing recently. I think we have to not get crazy and try to show some semblance of rational thought. They could easily have won this game with a few more completed passes.

I do wish they had used the run game more, but the good news is that they actually showed some flash. Ivory looked good. This team simply needs more time to work on their timing and fix some mistakes. Those drops have to stop. Just too many dropped passes that hit receivers in the chest. People can bash Geno all they want but about 6 passes were dropped that were perfect. Eventually this offense will gain chemistry and this team will be a pretty tough team. PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE!!!