Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rex putting in Sanchez during preseason

  1. #1

    Rex putting in Sanchez during preseason

    Ironically enough might end up being the best, albeit unintended, coaching decision of his career.

    If Sanchez isn't put in, Sanchez is likely to start week one, geno wastes away on the bench, and we are stuck with another season of mediocrity.

    As crazy as it sounds, Rex might have saved his job by indirectly causing the last thing he would have wanted to happen.

    Only Rex Ryan lol.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,487
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Ironically enough might end up being the best, albeit unintended, coaching decision of his career.

    If Sanchez isn't put in, Sanchez is likely to start week one, geno wastes away on the bench, and we are stuck with another season of mediocrity.

    As crazy as it sounds, Rex might have saved his job by indirectly causing the last thing he would have wanted to happen.

    Only Rex Ryan lol.
    Sanchez was never going to start last week. This group wanted Geno to play and were going to play him.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Great another variation of isn't it really good and great that one of our own players got injured posts.....

    A true Jets fan...

    Good Grief!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Great another variation of isn't it really good and great that one of our own players got injured posts.....

    A true Jets fan...

    Good Grief!!
    I'm not rooting for anyone on the team to get injured. I just found the whole situation ironic, is all. At least given Rex's love for Sanchez.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,012
    Fate has a way of destroying the best laid plans of mice and men.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,154
    Mark heading for the IR and then being released at the end of the season is the best solution for Mark and for the Jets, too

    First, he clearly was beaten out by Smith in the competition and, even worse, was beaten out for the backup position by Matt Simms, too. This torn labrum injury gives him the chance to get his shoulder fixed, rehab his bare butt off (on youtube probably) and then sign a vet min contract with another team in 2014 which will allow him to pursue his true calling in the NFL -- a David Carr/Matt Flynn/Al Woodall-like career backup quarterback. It's quite apparent by his 52 turnovers the last two seasons, not to mention his beautiful first preseason completion to Ziggy Ansah for a touchdown this year that Mark is no longer NFL starting QB material. He can make a bunch of money standing on the sidelines and holding a clipboard, never throw another pick and never get sacked and fumble again in his new role as a backup.
    Last edited by sg3; 09-12-2013 at 11:05 AM.

  7. #7
    Dick Vermiel should have been fired for playing Trent Green in an ex game August 28th, 1999

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,012
    I remember Eli Manning getting a bloodied nose in a jets Giants preseason game and Tom Coflin calling Rex an amateur. It seems like Tom got even with Rex. Or did he save his job.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Mark heading for the IR and then being released at the end of the season is the best solution for Mark and for the Jets, too

    First, he clearly was beaten out by Smith in the competition and, even worse, was beaten out for the backup position by Matt Simms, too. This torn labrum injury gives him the chance to get his shoulder fixed, rehab his bare butt off (on youtube probably) and then sign a vet min contract with another team in 2014 which will allow him to pursue his true calling in the NFL -- a David Carr/Matt Flynn/Al Woodall-like career backup quarterback. It's quite apparent by his 52 turnovers the last two seasons, not to mention his beautiful first preseason completion to Ziggy Ansah for a touchdown this year that Mark is no longer NFL starting QB material. He can make a bunch of money standing on the sidelines and holding a clipboard, never throw another pick and never get sacked and fumble again in his new role as a backup.
    I agree with you that this is best for both parties, but that bolded part is just flat wrong. but i guess you're used to being wrong about a lot of things by now.

  10. #10
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,496
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I'm not rooting for anyone on the team to get injured. I just found the whole situation ironic, is all. At least given Rex's love for Sanchez.
    +1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us