Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long before SOJFs sh*t on Geno?

How long before SOJFs sh*t on Geno?

The kid had a nice first game and most fans have a hard on. We all have to realize that he's a rookie and he'll make many mistakes.

I just hope that fans don't turn on him after 2 or 3 bad games..

We have to give him the complete season to determine if he is or QB of the future.

All Pro
    How long?

Well that's easy...the first loss

All League
    Probably 13 hours from now

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

After his 2nd int in tonights game.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm pretty sure many have already turned on him based on one half of football in the pre season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I'm pretty sure many have already turned on him based on one half of football in the pre season.
    +1

Pretty sure many were calling for Simms after the Giants game.

If Geno struggles tonight (very possible for a rookie, on the road, on short rest) I'm sure the same individuals will be losing their minds.

...when does the game start tonight?

#yoloswag

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    How long before SOJFs sh*t on Geno?
    How long till he plays as poorly as Sanchez?

/sigh

Respectfully, if Gemo Smith's play warrants criticism, I'll be critical. Really is simple as that. Being criticial doesn't equate to "wanting him cut or benched" or the like.

/shrug.

All Pro
    Got to give him this year, and next offseason, at least. Personally, I'll have patience with him because I think you need to let him develop and learn from his mistakes.

No doubt some will pile on the first poor game he has, but we need to show patience here. People were writing off Russell Wilson early in the year last season when he was only passing for around 150 yards a game, and how did that one work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

/sigh

Respectfully, if Gemo Smith's play warrants criticism, I'll be critical. Really is simple as that. Being criticial doesn't equate to "wanting him cut or benched" or the like.

/shrug.
    Precisely. In the words of Mark Sanchez, "if you play well, there's nothing to 'boo' about".

That's all there is to it. Just play well.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    When he starts playing like a SOJ.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Got to give him this year, and next offseason, at least. Personally, I'll have patience with him because I think you need to let him develop and learn from his mistakes.

No doubt some will pile on the first poor game he has, but we need to show patience here. People were writing off Russell Wilson early in the year last season when he was only passing for around 150 yards a game, and how did that one work out?
    very interested to see the gameplan tonight, how much early running they do, how they roll geno out and if they pretty much don't have him trying to read everything over the middle. or if they go for it long early on. geno has a chance to shut lots of people up tonight with a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    very interested to see the gameplan tonight, how much early running they do, how they roll geno out and if they pretty much don't have him trying to read everything over the middle. or if they go for it long early on. geno has a chance to shut lots of people up tonight with a good game.
    Geno throws a nice long ball. I was surprised that MM didn't call one long one against TB..just to keep them honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Geno throws a nice long ball. I was surprised that MM didn't call one long one against TB..just to keep them honest.
    yeah, me too, though i suspect they tried to keep it conservative unless they got way behind. i'm predicting a fair amount of dumpoffs to the rbs and bohanon tonite.

Hall Of Fame

/sigh

/shrug.
    True, criticism is fine, calling him a bust and declaring that Simms should be starting is another thing.

Already started ... after Geno's 1st and preseason game. "He's too raw", "he's not even close to being ready", etc. They are just in hibernation now. They'll come out when he makes a bad play or has a good game. They'll go back into hibernation after he has a good game. That's the ebb and flow of things like this.

Hopefully they'll be in hibernation most of this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Got to give him......
    No offense, but I loathe this phrase and every argument borne of this phrase.

No one has "got to be given" anything. No player deserves X amount of time simply for being a QB or drafted in a certain spot.

Players deserve to play only if and when their level of play and/or their level of potential + continued development warrants it.

If Geno Smith does not display enough to warrant it, we do not have to "give him" anything or any time. If his play warrants it, then he will have EARNED the time he is given to continue to get better and develop.

The "must give him" is the same sillyness that saddled us with a non-improving Mark Sanchez, who never truly got better in his four full years here, and would have continued this year if not for injury. And this argument kept being repeated "but, but, but, we got to give Sanchez another year, or another WR or another Coach, etc, etc, etc."

No, we don't.

At every other position, starting is earned. QB should be no different, and no QB should be given years and years in which to fail simply because he's likable (as Sanchez was) or drafted high (as Sanchez was).

Earn it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    I think Geno is going to have a tougher time tonight. BB is going to give him some different looks and challenge him mentally. Physically the Pats defense is nothing special. I hope he doesnt get too amped up for national TV and a big rivalry game.

All Pro

/sigh

/shrug.
    There's a difference btwn criticism and the typical SOJF response of "OMG this guy sucks, it's time to start (insert 3rd string OB's name here)"

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, criticism is fine, calling him a bust and declaring that Simms should be starting is another thing.
    Agreed. I like Simms alot tbh, but he's the #2. I hope he remains the #2 (especially over a pile of JAGpoo in Brady LolQuinn).

But unless Smith really truly ****s the bed, I wouldn't call for Simms. And we all should hope Smith is the real deal.