Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: If the Jets lose, blame the DEFENSE

  1. #1

    If the Jets lose, blame the DEFENSE

    Is there ANYONE in the world that did not know what the defense must do in this game?

    Anyone with the most minor knowledge of football and Tom Brady knows you MUST hit the QB. You must sack him a few times. You must scheme to generate pressure. You must simply beat the guy in front of you and get after the QB. You MUST generate TURNOVERS.

    Well, here we are in the late 3rd quarter and the Jets have hardly laid a hand on Brady. They are not hitting him and getting him off his throws. But most damning of all, they are not getting ANY turnovers.

    The offense is actually doing its part in this game. They have had a hard go of it for a while, but they scored in the 3rd quarter. Geno has been protecting the ball. They have had a running game in spots. Geno's performance has actually been heroic thus far.

  2. #2
    Wow

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is there ANYONE in the world that did not know what the defense must do in this game?

    Anyone with the most minor knowledge of football and Tom Brady knows you MUST hit the QB. You must sack him a few times. You must scheme to generate pressure. You must simply beat the guy in front of you and get after the QB. You MUST generate TURNOVERS.

    Well, here we are in the late 3rd quarter and the Jets have hardly laid a hand on Brady. They are not hitting him and getting him off his throws. But most damning of all, they are not getting ANY turnovers.

    The offense is actually doing its part in this game. They have had a hard go of it for a while, but they scored in the 3rd quarter. Geno has been protecting the ball. They have had a running game in spots. Geno's performance has actually been heroic thus far.
    How many 3 and outs do the Pats have?

    Just saw the 10th punt of the night for the Pats. The D is playing well.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How many 3 and outs do the Pats have?

    Just saw the 10th punt of the night for the Pats. The D is playing well.
    Well? Besides the first drive they have been lights out, Pats have had amazing field position all game.

  5. #5
    Best to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to start this thread and remove all doubt. Sheesh.............

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How many 3 and outs do the Pats have?

    Just saw the 10th punt of the night for the Pats. The D is playing well.
    Argue all you would like, the fact still remains. There is no knowledgeable football fan that did not know what the Jets defense needed to do to win this game. The Jets defense has not done their jobs completely.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,485
    Utter NONSENSE!!!!!!

    You are much better off insulting me by calling me a stupid Sanchez apologist.... I welcome that as opposed to this!!!

    Good Grief!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 09-12-2013 at 11:38 PM.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Argue all you would like, the fact still remains. There is no knowledgeable football fan that did not know what the Jets defense needed to do to win this game. The Jets defense has not done their jobs completely.
    Is a 3 and out better with a sack than without?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Argue all you would like, the fact still remains. There is no knowledgeable football fan that did not know what the Jets defense needed to do to win this game. The Jets defense has not done their jobs completely.
    I guess they should have out scored the Pats offense by themselves?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Utter NONSENSE!!!!!!

    Good Grief!!
    So WTF else were you going to blame genius?!

    You can blame Geno and his two picks at this point, but at the time I had created this thread Geno had not thrown any picks. SO WTF would be to blame? The fairy f*cking godmother? The offense had a massive TOP advantage and Geno was taking what the defense was giving him.

    The defense, however, despite being bragged about as a top 5 defense and one that has been wrecking people at the LOS cannot generate one single turnover? Not even so much a strip sack? This is lame.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,928
    You should be banned for creating this dumb of a thread.

    Go kill another animal.

  12. #12
    WTF.

    D held the Pats to 13. Geno threw terrible passes all night, including three interceptions. I don't see how you blame the D for this one.

    Like Tebow, this is a dumper.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Argue all you would like, the fact still remains. There is no knowledgeable football fan that did not know what the Jets defense needed to do to win this game. The Jets defense has not done their jobs completely.
    Best to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to start this thread and remove all doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So WTF else were you going to blame genius?!

    You can blame Geno and his two picks at this point, but at the time I had created this thread Geno had not thrown any picks. SO WTF would be to blame? The fairy f*cking godmother? The offense had a massive TOP advantage and Geno was taking what the defense was giving him.

    The defense, however, despite being bragged about as a top 5 defense and one that has been wrecking people at the LOS cannot generate one single turnover? Not even so much a strip sack? This is lame.
    Best to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to start this thread and remove all doubt.

  14. #14
    OP, you are a freakin' moron!!!!

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You should be banned for creating this dumb of a thread.

    Go kill another animal.
    The hilarity of this is he spent the whole offseason talking about how great Rex is because of the Defense he fields. So his D just shut down Tom Brady for 13 points and he goes and blames them for this loss. Dude is ****ed in the head.

  17. #17
    What pissed me off royally was that Edelman was the only threat, and dumbass Ryan supposed def. coordinator should have doubled him or put a corner on him all night. He was able to do whatever he wanted to us. I can't understand that!!!!!!!!!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    dump
    No please don't. This thread should be stickied for easy reference the next time he comes blasting into other threads raging and calling people idiots and telling them they know nothing about football (which is just about daily with him).

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You should be banned for creating this dumb of a thread.

    Go kill another animal.
    How about you kiss my A$$ instead?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    No please don't. This thread should be stickied for easy reference the next time he comes blasting into other threads raging and calling people idiots and telling them they know nothing about football (which is just about daily with him).
    When it comes to you? YES it is daily

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us