Thread: Ducasse is awesome

Ducasse is awesome

Its getting tougher and tougher for our haters in here to bash the kid for no reason. He's been shutting down Fatfork today even 1 on 1. His pass blocking has been rock solid, his run blocking straight dominant today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I've been skeptical about him starting but he was excellent tonight, props to Vlad

Looked very good tonight.

I agree. I thought he would end up being a big time wasted draft pick. But the guy is performing really good this year.

Way to go Vlad.

All League
    He looked pretty good tonight.....did give up a sack....but overall a big improvement from last week. I noticed they cut down his pulling responsibilities and played more to his strength.

I hope he keeps it up because I'm rooting for him.

Hall Of Fame
    3 sacks on the year. On pace for 24. That is awful. I believe Slauson had a season where he didn't give up one.

Yes, he is strong as an ox. That was never in question. But anyone with pass rush moves makes him look silly. If Winters ever improves Vlad will go back to blocking TE.

Never ever thought I'd see a thread title like this. What's next? "Gholston comeback player of the year"?

I agree though. Guy looked great.

All League
    He's extraordinarily inconsistent.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    3 sacks on the year. On pace for 24. That is awful. I believe Slauson had a season where he didn't give up one.

Yes, he is strong as an ox. That was never in question. But anyone with pass rush moves makes him look silly. If Winters ever improves Vlad will go back to blocking TE.
    Oh please - every sack tonight was on Geno. Vlad was a mauler.

The Impaler is looking mighty fine ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    what a sorry excuse. with geno at QB even jonathan ogden would be giving up 20 sacks per year. the guy holds on to the ball 12 hours after each snap, doesnt get rid of it, scrambles around in the pocket until somebody takes him down. how is that the o-lines fault? the o-line deserves bigtime credit for giving him so much time to throw, yet they're getting blasted because they cant keep the QB clean for 20 seconds each play? hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Oh please - every sack tonight was on Geno. Vlad was a mauler.
    This...tenative rookie and WRs who can't get open. Patience guys, patience. It'll come together. Vlad had a tremendous game against one of the best NTs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Never ever thought I'd see a thread title like this. What's next? "Gholston comeback player of the year"?

I agree though. Guy looked great.
    I have been the biggest critic of Vlad. I eat crow tonite.... Vlad held his own.