Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EXTREMELY MAD AT THIS OC!

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    If Geno doesn't throw that INT when we were in FG range we tie game. This game was exciting and close but the first drive by the Pats with that free TD is what cost us the game.
    This game should not have been close. Jets should have won it by 14 points. But when your OC hasn't got a brain in his head to know what his strengths are in the contest how the hell can you win?

This guy is garbage. Another year-n-out OC comin' right up!

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Thank God we finally have an excellent OC.
    Now we just need 1 or 2 WR's who can catch & we will be in good shape.
    This. The playcalling was fine. Plays were there to be made, but the WRs and Geno didn't make them. It's OK for Geno to screw up here and there, the receivers need to do their job and catch the ****ing ball when it's thrown to them.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    This. The playcalling was fine. Plays were there to be made, but the WRs and Geno didn't make them. It's OK for Geno to screw up here and there, the receivers need to do their job and catch the ****ing ball when it's thrown to them.
    Yes but when should the OC wake up and realize his recievers AREN'T catching the ball and modify his game strategy?

It's like this... you're in a boxing match, you land your right hook consistenly but hardly ever connect with your left jab. Are you gonna keep throwing a jab because you like throwing jabs??? OF COURSE NOT! You're gonna do what brings you success! This OC is another in a long line of OC's for the Jets that is completely clueless when it comes to making changes to his gametime strategy!

It's gonna be a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yes but when should the OC wake up and realize his recievers AREN'T catching the ball and modify his game strategy?

It's like this... you're in a boxing match, you land your right hook consistenly but hardly ever connect with your left jab. Are you gonna keep throwing a jab because you like throwing jabs??? OF COURSE NOT! You're gonna do what brings you success! This OC is another in a long line of OC's for the Jets that is completely clueless when it comes to making changes to his gametime strategy!
    What's the answer? Keep running until your RBs are spent and you to rely on the pass entirely?

The run game had some good moments but it's not like we are sporting awesome RBs. Ivory had a few good runs but it's not like his touches were automatic first downs.

I thought we went away from Ivory too much when he was doing well. I think more consistent running would have opened up more play-action. I'm not in love with MM's playcalling through 2 games, but he isn't working with a ton of talent

It's raining cats and dogs and this OC just keeps throwing the ball again and again and again even though his rushing attack is doing a great job tonight! Face it guys we've got another clueless OC here who's stuck in one mode of playing and CAN'T ADJUST TO GAMETIME CONDITIONS!!!

I already want him out of here... Just get rid of him!

Unreal, 1 loss and you want him gone already. The rookie needs to learn, he's not gonna do that by handing the ball off. All the dropped passes were the problem, not the play calling. How many damn times can we blame the OC?? Is it still Shotty's fault we lost?? Or is it Tony S's fault?? Oh... now its MM's fault...

All League
    MM did a great job, if the rookie doesnt turn it over we win.

Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    If a few of those passes had been in front of the WRs instead of behind them or if a few missed catches had been caught everybody would be talking about how great the pass/run combo was. It wasn't the play calling.
    Lame excuse. If it hits the receiver in the hands, he should catch it. The Jets WR's let too many balls bounce off their hands. That's unacceptable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Lame excuse. If it hits the receiver in the hands, he should catch it. The Jets WR's let too many balls bounce off their hands. That's unacceptable.
    and Hill with the fkn stupid fumble

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Unreal, 1 loss and you want him gone already. The rookie needs to learn, he's not gonna do that by handing the ball off. All the dropped passes were the problem, not the play calling. How many damn times can we blame the OC?? Is it still Shotty's fault we lost?? Or is it Tony S's fault?? Oh... now its MM's fault...
    WHAT???

I don't need to see anymore of this guy to know that he hasn't got a brain in his head! The job is not to "let the rookie learn" or "let the recievers learn"... the job is to WIN THE STUPID GAME!!! You do what you have to do to WIN THE GAME! This OC had no idea what he needed to do tonight to get that task accomplished! None what so ever!

Practice Squad
    The one play call I'd question was asking Smith to throw with less than a minute left of the first half at third down and 10 pinned against the end-zone effectively. Should have rushed and forced the Patriots to use their time out to stop the clock bleeding.

Not really Marty's fault that the Jets' receivers have hands made from concrete. That goes on Tanny for drafting these mugs.

It's gonna be a long year.
    Its going to be a long year for quitter/loser fans like you because people like you are so damn negative.

For me.... this game was a bit frustrating. But I enjoy seeing MM's offense and some players improve (like Vlad, Geno made some good plays and some bad plays).

Frankly, I get more frustrated by idiot fans like yourself then the Jets themselves. "Geno sucks, start Matt Simms." Lol, really.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    MM did a great job, if the rookie doesnt turn it over we win.
    Oh I'm sorry, maybe this million dollar offensive expert the Jets hired to handle their offense DOESN'T SEE WHAT WE SEE WHILE THE GAME IS BEING PLAYED??? He doesn't see that his recievers are dropping balls in the rain. He doesn't see that his QB is inaccurate in the rain. He doesn't see that the pass protection isn't that good. HE DOESN'T SEE WHAT WE SEE???

I could have called the offense for this game tonight and won it by two touchdowns... BY MYSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Its going to be a long year for quitter/loser fans like you because people like you are so damn negative.

For me.... this game was a bit frustrating. But I enjoy seeing MM's offense and some players improve (like Vlad, Geno made some good plays and some bad plays).

Frankly, I get more frustrated by idiot fans like yourself then the Jets themselves. "Geno sucks, start Matt Simms." Lol, really.
    X2

Oh I'm sorry, maybe this million dollar offensive expert the Jets hired to handle their offense DOESN'T SEE WHAT WE SEE WHILE THE GAME IS BEING PLAYED??? He doesn't see that his recievers are dropping balls in the rain. He doesn't see that his QB is inaccurate in the rain. He doesn't see that the pass protection isn't that good. HE DOESN'T SEE WHAT WE SEE???

I could have called the offense for this game tonight and won it by two touchdowns... BY MYSELF.

Well maybe you should've thrown your hat in the ring when they were looking for a OC last year....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    and Hill with the fkn stupid fumble
    Meh. I thought that fumble was a fluke. The ball was kicked out of his hands by a falling player. But the Pats did get 3 points out of that TO.

Practice Squad
    The OP is right about Marty not giving his team more help by calling more runs for Ivory. MM could make things a bit easier with some more different types of screens mixed in. We had the NE defense on their heels and let them up by not pounding the ball down their throats. I saw Wilfork was tired. WHY so many passes in the rain when it was clear our WR's couldn't catch or hold on to the ball? I just want to see more smart play calling. Right now it's too aggressive at times when it doesn't have to be. Not with a Rookie QB and shaky WR's.

We needed more underneath stuff. Brady gets a ton of easy dump off passes that keep the chains moving and limit INT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Well maybe you should've thrown your hat in the ring when they were looking for a OC last year....lol
    I'm telling you right now, I've never been an offensive coordinator, but I could win more games with this team than any OC they've had since they hired Brian Schottenheimer... I know football better than any of these guys, which is inexcusable, but if proves if you hang around long enough "The Peter Principle" is likely to get you a job you are neither qualified for nor intelligent enough for.

SO YEAH, Woody PM me and I'll get this team to 9 wins this year and into the playoffs. BY MYSELF!

All League
    WHAT???

I don't need to see anymore of this guy to know that he hasn't got a brain in his head! The job is not to "let the rookie learn" or "let the recievers learn"... the job is to WIN THE STUPID GAME!!! You do what you have to do to WIN THE GAME! This OC had no idea what he needed to do tonight to get that task accomplished! None what so ever!
    Stop being such a fanatic. He called enough running plays to keep the D honest, that's why the passing plays were still there at the end. The play calls were almost 50-50, 35-32. The Jets have never been a chunk yardage team, that's what he is here to do.

Where the hell was the play action pass!? We were ruining the ball at almost five yards a clip and I only remember one play action the whole game.