Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EXTREMELY MAD AT THIS OC!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous! Chris Ivory was running lights out. I wish we could fire Marty now. This is the same system he used in the past and it will not work for this team. I hate system guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    EXCUSE ME!

The job of an OC is to KNOW WHAT THIS TALENT IS and to KNOW WHAT THE GAME CONDITIONS CALL FOR and to EMPLOY A STRATEGY THAT WORKS TO WIN THE GAME! This OC failed to do that!!! All he did was pass the ball REGARDLESS OF TALENT, REGARDLESS OF GAME CONDITIONS, REGARDLESS OF RUSHING SUCCESS, REGARDLESS OF LOGIC!

GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF HERE NOW!
    You are straight clueless!

I can't stand this board after a loss, all the morons come out!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    Where the hell was the play action pass!? We were ruining the ball at almost five yards a clip and I only remember one play action the whole game.
    I hate to tell you, you're dealing with an idiot OC here... A few more games will make that clear. When you can't win a game like the one the Jets just played tonight then they're ain't no point in playing at all!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree ... Geno is not good enough to carry the load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Is Sanchez' penis securely in your mouth still?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Ridiculous! Chris Ivory was running lights out. I wish we could fire Marty now. This is the same system he used in the past and it will not work for this team. I hate system guys.
    Well at least you're not rushing to judgment... Maybe.... just maybe... we should wait a few more games before all the hate starts...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    You're right... YOU ARE RIGHT...

The only "system" that works is "A RESPONSIVE SYSTEM" that changes depending on what the other team is giving you. But you have to be smart enough to RESPOND to what you see!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm telling you right now, I've never been an offensive coordinator, but I could win more games with this team than any OC they've had since they hired Brian Schottenheimer... I know football better than any of these guys, which is inexcusable, but if proves if you hang around long enough "The Peter Principle" is likely to get you a job you are neither qualified for nor intelligent enough for.

SO YEAH, Woody PM me and I'll get this team to 9 wins this year and into the playoffs. BY MYSELF!
    OK now you went from dumb to delusional

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any one of us could have called this offense tonight and won this game, any one of us!

You would have said something like "Wow! My receivers can't hang on to the ball in this rain... Hmm... but my running backs have the Pats back on their heels here... Guess I'll run the ball at 'em till they can stop it, and if they can't I'm just gonna keep blasting them with Ivory and Powell!".

Of course next week will be entirely different. Maybe you'll have success in the passing game and less success in the rushing attack. THAT TOO needs to be accounted for during the game!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was the point of bringing in Ivory if we're not going to ride him when he's feeling it? Marty needs to be more responsive to the game and how things are going rather than some plan going in. We saw how effective the Run with Ivory was and we just didn't ride it until the Pats proved they could stop it. That would've protected Geno from feeling like he had to make a HERO play.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little more commitment to the run would have paid dividends last night, especially since the ****ing cheatriots couldn't stop it. There was a prime opportunity to get their garbage secondary players to bite and Geno could lay a beautiful rainbow over the top. A huge opportunity wasted. On a more positive note I love what I saw from both Powell and Ivory tonight. The D line despite only one sack did a magnificent job shutting the run game down.

On the negative side we had a wounded foe and weren't able to take advantage.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    What was the point of bringing in Ivory if we're not going to ride him when he's feeling it? Marty needs to be more responsive to the game and how things are going rather than some plan going in. We saw how effective the Run with Ivory was and we just didn't ride it until the Pats proved they could stop it. That would've protected Geno from feeling like he had to make a HERO play.
    You're a logical person. The Jets are an illogical organization. I love irony personally...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right... YOU ARE RIGHT...

The only "system" that works is "A RESPONSIVE SYSTEM" that changes depending on what the other team is giving you. But you have to be smart enough to RESPOND to what you see!
    I agree with the assessment of mm. Ivory looks great and he takes him right out. Incessant passing when the recievers cant hold on. Watching from home it was obvious. My hope us that this was an anomaly and they will adjust but it is definitely cause to begin to have concerns about this oc

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    A little more commitment to the run would have paid dividends last night, especially since the ****ing cheatriots couldn't stop it. There was a prime opportunity to get their garbage secondary players to bite and Geno could lay a beautiful rainbow over the top. A huge opportunity wasted. On a more positive note I love what I saw from both Powell and Ivory tonight. The D line despite only one sack did a magnificent job shutting the run game down.

On the negative side we had a wounded foe and weren't able to take advantage.

3 points... Could a logical more responsive game plan have given us 3 more points? Or even 7 or more? I say absolutely... and that's why I'm hating this OC right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    EXCUSE ME!

The job of an OC is to KNOW WHAT THIS TALENT IS and to KNOW WHAT THE GAME CONDITIONS CALL FOR and to EMPLOY A STRATEGY THAT WORKS TO WIN THE GAME! This OC failed to do that!!! All he did was pass the ball REGARDLESS OF TALENT, REGARDLESS OF GAME CONDITIONS, REGARDLESS OF RUSHING SUCCESS, REGARDLESS OF LOGIC!

GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF HERE NOW!
    You do realize that using caps doesn't make what you're saying any more true right? And the Jets ran the ball 32 times! That is a lot of rushes. Use some f*cking facts once in a while.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I agree with the assessment of mm. Ivory looks great and he takes him right out. Incessant passing when the recievers cant hold on. Watching from home it was obvious. My hope us that this was an anomaly and they will adjust but it is definitely cause to begin to have concerns about this oc
    Again, this man is making exceptionally great money to get this task done and he just proved that he's clueless at gametime...

I'm in full panic mode right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any one of us could have called this offense tonight and won this game, any one of us!

You would have said something like "Wow! My receivers can't hang on to the ball in this rain... Hmm... but my running backs have the Pats back on their heels here... Guess I'll run the ball at 'em till they can stop it, and if they can't I'm just gonna keep blasting them with Ivory and Powell!".

Of course next week will be entirely different. Maybe you'll have success in the passing game and less success in the rushing attack. THAT TOO needs to be accounted for during the game!
    You couldn't even recite one f*cking playcall in this system let alone create a gameplan and call plays. You suck as a poster, I should start a thread demanding you get kicked off the forum. At least I would be right.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 points... Could a logical more responsive game plan have given us 3 more points? Or even 7 or more? I say absolutely... and that's why I'm hating this OC right now.
    Marty brings positives and negatives. Anyone who saw him as the OC in Philly will note that he's a pass happy coach who hates to run the ball. Look at how few carries one of the NFL's premier backs in Shady McCoy has gotten. I wish he had a better pulse for offensive play calling, but that's just not the case. At the very least he's better than Sporano, a guy that fist pumps when an offense manages to pick up a first down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You couldn't even recite one f*cking playcall in this system let alone create a gameplan and call plays. You suck as a poster, I should start a thread demanding you get kicked off the forum. At least I would be right.
    Like anybody's gonna listen to the demands of a fool who backs another loser around here...

In case you haven't noticed, WE HAVEN'T WON A SUPERBOWL SINCE 1969!!! We're fresh out of patience in Jetsland okay? FRESH OUT!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was the exact complaint of Eagles fans last year when they went 4-12.

Yes but when should the OC wake up and realize his recievers AREN'T catching the ball and modify his game strategy?

It's like this... you're in a boxing match, you land your right hook consistenly but hardly ever connect with your left jab. Are you gonna keep throwing a jab because you like throwing jabs??? OF COURSE NOT! You're gonna do what brings you success! This OC is another in a long line of OC's for the Jets that is completely clueless when it comes to making changes to his gametime strategy!

It's gonna be a long year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's raining cats and dogs and this OC just keeps throwing the ball again and again and again even though his rushing attack is doing a great job tonight! Face it guys we've got another clueless OC here who's stuck in one mode of playing and CAN'T ADJUST TO GAMETIME CONDITIONS!!!

I already want him out of here... Just get rid of him!
    That is what Marty does. Now you know why Philly fans wanted him gone. He has one way of doing things. He will put up stats but also cause games like this.