Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Chris Ivory thread

Obligatory Chris Ivory thread

He started to pound the ball, and then what happened?

He falls forward for extra yardage. Jets have something there.

Did he get injured? Dog house for the fumble? Stupidity of the coaches?

All League
    Needed more carries, was running great

B e a s t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jets Insider VIP
    ****ing travesty that he wasn't used more. He wasn't hurt, I saw him jumping up and down on the sideline.

Practice Squad
    No idea why MM stopped feeding the BEAST

Hall Of Fame
    Wish we went to him a little more than Powell. I thought he was running a little better.

I just wish we ran the ball more in general. Just to help Geno out.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is MM fault for not using him (Ivory) more. The Pats were against the ropes and this guy instead of going for the KO with the running game, he asks the rookie QB to win the game by throwing the ball, In a storm! Forget the drops by the WR's we had to run the rock with Ivory.

All League
    We ran the ball a total of 6 times in the 4th quarter. Ivory got one of those, equal to Bohannon.

For some reason, the Jets don't like to do things that seem to work..we could have run forty times or more

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Veteran
    No excuse why Ivory wasn't used, I would like to know WHY

I was at the game, and literally screaming in my head, "why aren't we running more?" That one drive where Ivory literally carried them down the field was awesome to see. And so no argument that Ivory deserved much more of the carries...I would love to hear any sort of explanation for that.

I just dont get it...Powell is a nice player. Very good 3rd down back - but anyone and I mean anyone could see that Ivory was running with much more authority - If we fed Ivory the ball that 2d half I firmly believe the Jets would have won....Rex MUST get involved and insist Ivory gets a lot more carries. I can live with Geno learning and making mistakes but the coaches completely blew this one in my opinion.

All Pro
    Love Ivory's running style....quickly became my fav player on the Jets O(that's not saying much)....

IDC how often you wanna throw the ball Marty, you find a way to keep feeding this beast, esp in the pouring rain on the road in NE......

Veteran
    We definitely need to run way more. Overall I like what Marty has been doing but when something works you stick with it especially when you have a rookie QB.

Also whats the deal with Shotgun on every play and pass on first down every time?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I just dont get it...Powell is a nice player. Very good 3rd down back - but anyone and I mean anyone could see that Ivory was running with much more authority - If we fed Ivory the ball that 2d half I firmly believe the Jets would have won....Rex MUST get involved and insist Ivory gets a lot more carries. I can live with Geno learning and making mistakes but the coaches completely blew this one in my opinion.
    100% spot on. Ivory runs angry and I love it.

Hall Of Fame
    The issue is that Ivory isnt a great fit for MM's offense. If he can not contribute in the passing game then his use will be limited. Plus, it will become obvious the Jets are running the ball when he is in there. NE did adjust on first down last night and played the run more. Ivory would have been a better fit with the old ground and pound Jet offense of '09 and '10.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The issue is that Ivory isnt a great fit for MM's offense. If he can not contribute in the passing game then his use will be limited. Plus, it will become obvious the Jets are running the ball when he is in there. NE did adjust on first down last night and played the run more. Ivory would have been a better fit with the old ground and pound Jet offense of '09 and '10.
    This is correct to an extent.....MM needs backs that can catch out of the backfield and Ivory has stone hands....but still he needed a couple of more carries in that game.

Throwing out of formations where Ivory lines up in the backfield will keep defenses more honest when he's in the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Both backs looked good IMO;however, Ivory has much more power than powell. He was benched after the fumble. On a slippery day, where you are fighting for that extra yard, I let that slide.

Dude had 4.3 YPC and showed good power. Give this man the rock

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dude had 4.3 YPC and showed good power. Give this man the rock

#yoloswag
    Not when you fumble. He is on probation.