Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Postgame Thoughts, While It's Still Raw and Painful

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Respectfully, a lack of ball posessions was not our problem tonight.

All a turnover does is give you another posession. We had more than enough posessions. We simply didn't turn them into points.

A Brady INT or fumble would likely not have changed that fact.

Agree to disagree I suppose, I watched a top 10 Defense performance and a bottom 5 O performance. Apparently you see it differently.
    Chruchill, this is nonsense and a complete lack of understanding on your part. MORE possessions gives you MORE chances. Understand yet? How about if the defense gets a pick 6 or a fumble return for a TD? Do you get it yet?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets should be 0-2 tbh.

I'm not feeling too bad after this game. They are 1-1 and played the Pats really really tough tonight. They have 10 days to prepare for the Bills and the week after that they play the Titans. They should win those next 2 games. Good chance for the Jets to be 2-1 then 3-1.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    No, he could be sitting and learning, but the jets screw everything up. He is not ready to play.
    You say this about every QB who loses a close game or throws a few picks?

When Luck threw 3 picks against the Pats a year ago was it because the Colts were screwing up?

Because every young QB does this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be brief:

-Jets D played lights out tonight. Tough conditions and a clearly talent-weakened Pats O certainly helped, but our D did it's job with the exception of the one long TD play on the opening drive.

-Jets O is what we all should have expected:

1. MM is Passing. He is not running. We all need to come to terms with that. It's probably not changing.

2. Gates sucks. Sorry.

3. Hill does not suck, but it'll be tempting to say he does. Very tempting.

4. Ivory looked very good. Powell, not so much. They both deserved more carries, but see #1 above.

5. Smith was exactly what he is, a rookie, who made rookie mistakes. No one should want to bench him, this is how playing a rookie works.

6. For all the tough break of three INT's, Sth showed alot of poise and composure. And he made a lot of good throws in some really tough conditions.

7. Jets outplayed the Pats in every facet, except for points, and turnovers. Not gonna win games that way.

-Some wtf moments.......

1. No Punt Returner....three times? wtf is that about?

2. I'd gives Gates some advice, but he'd probably drop it.

3. I too wish MM had run it more. I think we'd have won if we had. But thats not MM, even if it was obvious to one and all.

4. When you play the Pats, you don't just play the Pats.....you play the Refs too. The Refs hurt us tonight more than Brady did.

Overall, there is alot to be positive about, a great D performance (D looks worthy in 2013 thus far), and pretty much what we all should have expected on O. Lots of passing, little (but productive) running, little scoring and lots of turnovers. It's who we are right now, and probably will be most of this season.

I'll say it again, is Smith can be managed as he learns and develops, we are NOT a 4 or 5 win team in 2013. We're an 8-9 win team.

And we should be 2-0. But we're not. Thems the breaks.
    HILL does suck! what a waste

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    There were all kinds of open receivers that he missed on his reads. He has a very very very long way to go.
    Lol, you sound like a parrot. Mimicing what Mayock said during the broadcast.

If you actually saw what was going on you'd realize Geno does not have a "very very very long way to go".

Mayock's commentary tonight was idiotic. He said Geno missed a receiver when a defender broke through the middle of the O-line and Geno was running for his life. And the receiver Mayock was referring to was covered fairly well. I don't think Peyton Manning could have made that throw with that kind of pressure on him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Lol, you sound like a parrot. Mimicing what Mayock said during the broadcast.

If you actually saw what was going on you'd realize Geno does not have a "very very very long way to go".

Mayock's commentary tonight was idiotic. He said Geno missed a receiver when a defender broke through the middle of the O-line and Geno was running for his life. And the receiver Mayock was referring to was covered fairly well. I don't think Peyton Manning could have made that throw with that kind of pressure on him.
    I think Mayock is great at what he does with the pre-draft stuff on NFLN, but he's a brutal analyst. He's too agenda based with his analysis...kinda like Peter King. He loves BB and the Pats organization so they could do no wrong all night. He's had beef with Geno skipping out on the Senior Bowl, so he's been all over his case since then and extremely critical of him when WRs were dropping balls all over the place. You could tell how it was taking Mayock a lot of effort to say anything positive about Geno. I can't stand when these media guys have agendas...be fair across the board.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    I really think that is part of it. On the last 2 INT's he just seemed to really be trying to guide the ball instead of just letting it rip. I think the air mail INT against the Giants stuck with him and he is a little tentative at times to let it fly. When he does, he really is impressive.
    STRENGTHS: Possesses all of the traits scouts are looking for in a franchise quarterback. Can make every NFL throw, showing pinpoint accuracy on short, intermediate and deep routes. Very good deep ball passer. Has the touch and accuracy to lead his receivers away from defenders. Quick setup and delivery. Has a fluid, over-the-top release which makes up for less-than-ideal but adequate height. Has generally shown the confidence to drive passes through tight windows, throwing his receivers open even when they are covered. Good athleticism to slide in and around the pocket to buy time. Good field vision. Checks down to his second and third options. Has the speed and elusiveness to gain yards in chunks but will exhaust his passing options before running. Hard worker.
    WEAKNESSES: His confidence was shaken noticeably during the 2012 season. Fails to account for blitzers too often for a quarterback with his experience. Inconsistent setup and delivery, failing to set his feet and resulting in some fluttering passes. Has struggled in poor weather conditions, including the final game of his career (New Era Pinstripe Bowl). Demonstrative leadership will be considered a negative by some. Took virtually all of his snaps out of the shotgun in a relatively simple offense.

COMPARES TO: Alex Smith, Chiefs -- Each is a highly efficient, accurate passer with the mobility to force defenses to account for their dual-threat capabilities, with Geno being the more accurate deep-ball passer but the same questions apply to the WVU product -- will his skills translate to a more traditional, NFL offense?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    7. Jets outplayed the Pats in every facet, except for points, and turnovers. Not gonna win games that way.
    Can't believe they lost yet again while outplaying in every facet. Except for all of the things that matter most in a football game.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 09-13-2013 at 02:20 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Can't believe they lost yet again while outplaying in every facet. Except for all of the things that matter most in a football game.
    Superbowl bound, eh? Get Brady one last one, you know, because it's actually feasible for you this season

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    YES. That has been made painfully obvious. In this game they needed turnovers in the worst way because that is how you beat Tom Brady. Yet the defense lays an egg and barely got Brady's jersey dirty. BIGGEST disappointment of all with Rex Ryan IMO.
    7 new starters on defense, and you're b1tching?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    SUMMARY

good effort overall

Close loss in a game every expert, media jackal and SOJF said the Jets would get smoked by two or more TDs.

1-1

Bring on the Bills at Jet Life in ten days

Then the Titans

3-1 thru the first quarter of the season

GO.JETS!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Jets should be 0-2 tbh.

I'm not feeling too bad after this game. They are 1-1 and played the Pats really really tough tonight. They have 10 days to prepare for the Bills and the week after that they play the Titans. They should win those next 2 games. Good chance for the Jets to be 2-1 then 3-1.
    The Jets play well against the Pats but so did the Bills. What make you think it'll an easy win against the Bills?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be brief:

-Jets D played lights out tonight. Tough conditions and a clearly talent-weakened Pats O certainly helped, but our D did it's job with the exception of the one long TD play on the opening drive.

1. MM is Passing. He is not running. We all need to come to terms with that. It's probably not changing.

2. Gates sucks. Sorry.

4. Ivory looked very good. Powell, not so much. They both deserved more carries, but see #1 above.

5. Smith was exactly what he is, a rookie, who made rookie mistakes. No one should want to bench him, this is how playing a rookie works.

6. For all the tough break of three INT's, Sth showed alot of poise and composure. And he made a lot of good throws in some really tough conditions.

-Some wtf moments.......

3. I too wish MM had run it more. I think we'd have won if we had. But thats not MM, even if it was obvious to one and all.

4. When you play the Pats, you don't just play the Pats.....you play the Refs too. The Refs hurt us tonight more than Brady did.

Overall, there is alot to be positive about, a great D performance (D looks worthy in 2013 thus far), and pretty much what we all should have expected on O. Lots of passing, little (but productive) running, little scoring and lots of turnovers. It's who we are right now, and probably will be most of this season.

I'll say it again, is Smith can be managed as he learns and develops, we are NOT a 4 or 5 win team in 2013. We're an 8-9 win team.

good post,agree with most of it.....I would say our punt return game was actually more effective without Wilson back there.That's not good Kyle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets D played lights out except on the first Pats possession. We handed the Pats 7 pts.

Gates juggling of a sure TD was the difference in the game.

Geno took too many chances in the 4th when we were in FG range around the 25 yd line.

Powell looks good to me. Ivory had a fumble but looked very powerful and elusive. Grade B for both.

MM should have called for more runs when we were in FG range. He put too much on a rookie.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    I really think that is part of it. On the last 2 INT's he just seemed to really be trying to guide the ball instead of just letting it rip. I think the air mail INT against the Giants stuck with him and he is a little tentative at times to let it fly. When he does, he really is impressive.
    I agree. I also think that the fact he was splitting reps with Sanchez in preseason and camp has not permitted Smith to be fully in sync yet with these receivers. I think this will improve throughout the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    bottom line this was our 1 shot at beating these guys this year,and while our defense hung in there ,our offense refuses to score points,Hill should be gone already.I am afraid of Buffalo now!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be brief:

2. Gates sucks. Sorry.

-Some wtf moments.......

I don't get how we are an 8-9 win team. Yes the AFC East looks like the worst division in Football but our Offense is epicly bad. Sorry but Geno is not ready to be a starter. I hope he comes around but right now its really bad. He holds the ball for way too long and inexplicably seems tentative about tucking the rock and running. The OC continues to play Powell when Ivory actually looks great so that doesn't help either. Back to Geno though he looks lost at QB. I'm hoping that this is just the rookie learning curve. Still learning curve or not our O is going to be very bad this season. I see 4-6 wins max.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    What make you think it'll an easy win against the Bills?
    because they suck. lol.

I don't actually know why, but I'll tell you this: I am not about to start worrying about the bills, those days retired with Jim Kelly & Thurman. The day start getting worried about the bills is the day i become a broken man. lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    bottom line this was our 1 shot at beating these guys this year,and while our defense hung in there ,our offense refuses to score points,Hill should be gone already.I am afraid of Buffalo now!
    I don't know about that - they looked pretty beatable, not sure if gronk and queen amadala make it that much more of a challenge. Brady looks different, its not just the drops. The gap really is shrinking - it just may not be from us getting better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    YES. That has been made painfully obvious. In this game they needed turnovers in the worst way because that is how you beat Tom Brady. Yet the defense lays an egg and barely got Brady's jersey dirty. BIGGEST disappointment of all with Rex Ryan IMO.
    This is insane.

Turnovers just don't happen. You can't push a button and poof...TURNOVER! Edelman catch and fumble was a turnover for all intents and purposes. The Jets were very much in ball hawking last night...not sure what you were watching. And, I wouldn't exactly say the defense laid an egg. 13 point to the Patriots in Foxboro? The Patriots were very fortunate to escape with this win. How many mistakes by the Jets (and gifts from the refs) did it take for the Patriots to actually seal this victory? And you're disappointed in the defense?