Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postgame Thoughts, While It's Still Raw and Painful

Postgame Thoughts, While It's Still Raw and Painful

This will be brief:

-Jets D played lights out tonight. Tough conditions and a clearly talent-weakened Pats O certainly helped, but our D did it's job with the exception of the one long TD play on the opening drive.

-Jets O is what we all should have expected:

1. MM is Passing. He is not running. We all need to come to terms with that. It's probably not changing.

2. Gates sucks. Sorry.

3. Hill does not suck, but it'll be tempting to say he does. Very tempting.

4. Ivory looked very good. Powell, not so much. They both deserved more carries, but see #1 above.

5. Smith was exactly what he is, a rookie, who made rookie mistakes. No one should want to bench him, this is how playing a rookie works.

6. For all the tough break of three INT's, Sth showed alot of poise and composure. And he made a lot of good throws in some really tough conditions.

7. Jets outplayed the Pats in every facet, except for points, and turnovers. Not gonna win games that way.

-Some wtf moments.......

1. No Punt Returner....three times? wtf is that about?

2. I'd gives Gates some advice, but he'd probably drop it.

3. I too wish MM had run it more. I think we'd have won if we had. But thats not MM, even if it was obvious to one and all.

4. When you play the Pats, you don't just play the Pats.....you play the Refs too. The Refs hurt us tonight more than Brady did.

Overall, there is alot to be positive about, a great D performance (D looks worthy in 2013 thus far), and pretty much what we all should have expected on O. Lots of passing, little (but productive) running, little scoring and lots of turnovers. It's who we are right now, and probably will be most of this season.

I'll say it again, is Smith can be managed as he learns and develops, we are NOT a 4 or 5 win team in 2013. We're an 8-9 win team.

And we should be 2-0. But we're not. Thems the breaks.

There were all kinds of open receivers that he missed on his reads. He has a very very very long way to go.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    This will be brief:

-Jets D played lights out tonight. Tough conditions and a clearly talent-weakened Pats O certainly helped, but our D did it's job with the exception of the one long TD play on the opening drive.
    I don't know... I read somewhere that this loss was on the D.

Veteran
    Geno's long ball is worrying. He had rookie mistakes they come and go. But the lack of throw variation passed the short range is troubling. Hopefully it's just hesitation

For a game we were expected to completely **** the bed, it isn't as bad as it could have been. Granted, there are some really clear issues with Geno and the WRs generally that need to be addressed. I'd like to see Powell show up more in the passing game and less in the running game. Maybe treat him more like a TE and less like a RB.

Hall Of Fame
    We should be 2-0. We should be 0-2. We're 1-1.

Just chalk this one up as a learning experience for a rookie QB that didn't get much help.

The main thing is that Wilk and Richardson are OK. Both left with injuries and Rex said Wilk hurt his ankle.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We should be 2-0. We should be 0-2. We're 1-1.

Just chalk this one up as a learning experience for a rookie QB that didn't get much help.

The main thing is that Wilk and Richardson are OK. Both left with injuries and Rex said Wilk hurt his ankle.
    Post of thr night...lets focus on beating buff and then tenn...before we face the tough portion of the schedule

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Right before the half ended give the ball to Ivory, not Powell. You got a rookie QB in his endzone give him some breathing room for ****s sake. And no punt returner is another wtf moment. Rex said rookie kicker and a wet ball but thats bull****. I dont want Wilson back there either though.

Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    There were all kinds of open receivers that he missed on his reads. He has a very very very long way to go.
    And every sane person here should be okay with that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Geno's long ball is worrying. He had rookie mistakes they come and go. But the lack of throw variation passed the short range is troubling. Hopefully it's just hesitation
    I really think that is part of it. On the last 2 INT's he just seemed to really be trying to guide the ball instead of just letting it rip. I think the air mail INT against the Giants stuck with him and he is a little tentative at times to let it fly. When he does, he really is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    And every sane person here should be okay with that.
    No, he could be sitting and learning, but the jets screw everything up. He is not ready to play.

No, he could be sitting and learning, but the jets screw everything up. He is not ready to play.
    So who does he sit behind and learn from, Brady Quinn or Simms? You took too many stupid pills didnt you?

This will be brief:

1. MM is Passing. He is not running. We all need to come to terms with that. It's probably not changing.

2. Gates sucks. Sorry.

4. Ivory looked very good. Powell, not so much. They both deserved more carries, but see #1 above.

5. Smith was exactly what he is, a rookie, who made rookie mistakes. No one should want to bench him, this is how playing a rookie works.

6. For all the tough break of three INT's, Sth showed alot of poise and composure. And he made a lot of good throws in some really tough conditions.

7. Jets outplayed the Pats in every facet, except for points, and turnovers. Not gonna win games that way.

-Some wtf moments.......

3. I too wish MM had run it more. I think we'd have won if we had. But thats not MM, even if it was obvious to one and all.

4. When you play the Pats, you don't just play the Pats.....you play the Refs too. The Refs hurt us tonight more than Brady did.

Overall, there is alot to be positive about, a great D performance (D looks worthy in 2013 thus far), and pretty much what we all should have expected on O. Lots of passing, little (but productive) running, little scoring and lots of turnovers. It's who we are right now, and probably will be most of this season.

I'll say it again, is Smith can be managed as he learns and develops, we are NOT a 4 or 5 win team in 2013. We're an 8-9 win team.

I disagree with your take on the defense. The limit on points? Yeah, that's great. But I was expecting in Rex's fifth season in town for the defense to have a little more ability to take the ball away? With such a great front seven that generated 3 sacks that I counted just last weekend by merely beating the guy in front of them. Never mind blitzing, disguising coverages/intentions, scheming, safety blitzes, etc.. That is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I disagree with your take on the defense. The limit on points? Yeah, that's great. But I was expecting in Rex's fifth season in town for the defense to have a little more ability to take the ball away? With such a great front seven that generated 3 sacks that I counted just last weekend by merely beating the guy in front of them. Never mind blitzing, disguising coverages/intentions, scheming, safety blitzes, etc.. That is disappointing.
    Rex's defense is not a turnover driven defense really.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Rex's defense is not a turnover driven defense really.
    YES. That has been made painfully obvious. In this game they needed turnovers in the worst way because that is how you beat Tom Brady. Yet the defense lays an egg and barely got Brady's jersey dirty. BIGGEST disappointment of all with Rex Ryan IMO.

BEHIND WHO?

Go to sleep man, I sincerely hope it repairs your mental faculties as you've gone full retard tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    YES. That has been made painfully obvious. In this game they needed turnovers in the worst way because that is how you beat Tom Brady. Yet the defense lays an egg and barely got Brady's jersey dirty. BIGGEST disappointment of all with Rex Ryan IMO.
    Respectfully, a lack of ball posessions was not our problem tonight.

All a turnover does is give you another posession. We had more than enough posessions. We simply didn't turn them into points.

A Brady INT or fumble would likely not have changed that fact.

Agree to disagree I suppose, I watched a top 10 Defense performance and a bottom 5 O performance. Apparently you see it differently.

This will be brief:

2. Gates sucks. Sorry.

-Some wtf moments.......

I get the feeling like Ivory is going to be a chronic fumbler with us moving forward, he just seems to carry the ball with little regard to trying to hold onto it very securely.

Don't get why everybody is blaming MM, they ran well earlier in the game, and as the game progressed they weren't getting as much, the D stifled the Patriots all game long, we had about 8 different opportunities to win the game down by 3 points, and the lack of talent on offense is glaring. Clyde Gates sucks, was, is, and always will be a total scrub, how in the hell he is on an NFL roster is beyond me. Geno has a looong way to go and that is what it comes down to. Every other aspect of the game the Jets were the better team, but in the end, the more things change, the more they stay the same...

All Pro
    The receivers on both sides of the ball were the difference in the game. There are a number of drops which change this game from anything between a Pats blowout to a Jets victory.

Geno had a mixed game. There are many positives including decent accuracy, the ability to make and extend plays with his feet, and fitting the ball into tight windows. On the other hand, you can't turn the ball over in crunch time, and he is holding onto the ball for too long. He needs the game to slow down for him. The bumps in the road are expected. He certainly got no help from his receivers and the rook was actually carrying them for a while.

Some interesting calls by the refs made a big difference in the second half. Is it legal for a defender to kick the ball out of a receivers hands? Seems like a tripping type penalty could apply here. How can the refs overturn a touchdown catch on the field when none of the replays ever show the ball actually hitting the ground? At worse that should have been simultaneous possession, which goes to the offense. Milliner had that fumble IMO.

All League
    Definitely wasn't a good last two drives, both bad INT's, but the Holmes one was more flukey.

Gotta remember still a rookie and there will be bad times. Even the great Russell Wilson had a two week stretch last year of 1 TD, 5 INT's.