Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After watching the Bucs Saints Game proves Revis isnt worth 16 million

After watching the Bucs Saints Game proves Revis isnt worth 16 million

I know I will get a Dump from the Revis fans but I have to say it Brees shredded 40 yds in 50 seconds to get the team a field Goal to win it Revis and top tier secondary wasn't even a factor. Im so glad the Jets didn't get sucked in to this make me the highest paid player.

All League
    You're right there's nothing to argue about. Brees just avoided Revis when the game was on the line and attacked the other CB (Johnson). A $16
    million dollar CB is a luxury that doesn't impact the game

I didn't want the Jets to trade Revis and I wanted him to retire a Jet but $16 million for a CB and locking up your salary cap isn't worth it. The Jets made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    You're right there's nothing to argue about. Brees just avoided Revis when the game was on the line and attacked the other CB (Johnson). A $16
    million dollar CB is a luxury that doesn't impact the game
    Doesn't impact the game is a bit overboard but certainly not worth 16 million per.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I know I will get a Dump from the Revis fans but I have to say it Brees shredded 40 yds in 50 seconds to get the team a field Goal to win it Revis and top tier secondary wasn't even a factor. Im so glad the Jets didn't get sucked in to this make me the highest paid player.
    You are 100% correct. $1,000,000 per friggin game for a CB.

All Pro
    After 2 weeks, with the game on the line Josh Freeman takes his team on drives that should have the Bucs with a 2-0 record. The defense and a kicker cost them both games. Kid played lousy, but he gave his team the chance to win both games.

Veteran
    Revis will end up several different teams in the next few years....Jerry Jones and Revis next...

This, plus with Richardson looking the part of a good player and we also have a probable 3rd coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    I didn't want the Jets to trade Revis and I wanted him to retire a Jet but $16 million for a CB and locking up your salary cap isn't worth it. The Jets made the right choice.
    And as Miliner gets settled in, this will look like an even better move

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    A player like revis is invaluable when you play a team with a single dominant reciever and a non top tier qb. When we play the falcons we will surely miss revis as we have no one who can cover julio jones. We beat houston many times simply because Revis completetly took andre johnson out the game. The problem with the saints, they don't have any great wrs, just a bunch of decent WRs and a great QB.

I agree though that 16 million for a CB in today's NFL where most good teams have multiple weapons and a QB that can spread the ball around.

I think Idzik made a very smart movie in securing the first round pick this year (as opposed to a one next year contingent on him being on the team in 2014). There is a chance everyone gets fired in Tampa at the end of the season and ther eis no guarantees Revis is back at that price tag with a new admnistration.

Jets Insider VIP
    They could have saved 16 million and still been 0-2 and with every loss our third round pick for Mevis gets better

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Agree ... Was the right move ... Very sad that such a great talent is all ME and no TEAM :-(

Hall Of Fame
    Everyone says with the new rules having good CBs is more important. I say no bc of the rules they aren't even allowed to play so why bother paying one that money. We are finally building our defense the right way. Inside out. All we need now is the edge rusher. We will see if Coples becomes that guy.

Revis <= Richardson & Walls

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    I think Idzik made a very smart movie in securing the first round pick this year (as opposed to a one next year contingent on him being on the team in 2014). There is a chance everyone gets fired in Tampa at the end of the season and ther eis no guarantees Revis is back at that price tag with a new admnistration.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in Tampa at the end of the year. Revis isn't worth 16m a year because no player outside of a dominant QB, OLB or DE can change the game the way those positions can. I loved Revis and I too wanted him to remain a Jet. But for 16m a year that's demanding much more than I think he effects the game. For me if he asked for 12m a year a 40 in guarantees I think the Jets would have locked him in for the next 4-5 years.

Will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    This, plus with Richardson looking the part of a good player and we also have a probable 3rd coming next year.
    True, but I dont know why people bring up Richardson when we are evaluating the Revis trade. Richardson was drafted in the spot from the Revis pick, but had absolutely nothing to do with the trade. Its not like we would have drafted our crappy rookie CB at 9 if we still had Revis. We probably would have had Revis AND Richardson (at the 9 pick).

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens in Tampa at the end of the year. Revis isn't worth 16m a year because no player outside of a dominant QB, OLB or DE can change the game the way those positions can. I loved Revis and I too wanted him to remain a Jet. But for 16m a year that's demanding much more than I think he effects the game. For me if he asked for 12m a year a 40 in guarantees I think the Jets would have locked him in for the next 4-5 years.

Will see.

Call me crazy, but I still think there is a chance Revis could be on the Jets next year. I started a post about this in the offseason. With next year's cap, we would have enough room to pay Revis the 16M per year and still load up on offensive talent. In terms of the Bucs, if he doesnt continue to play well (hes been great the first 2 weeks) then they would cut him, and if he does play well Revis could hold out for some guaranteed money, possibly forcing the Bucs to cut him. We will have tons of cap room next year. This year it wouldnt of worked, most likely because of the $8M guarantee to Sanchez. Imagine losing the best player in team history for a guarantee to a subpar player so his feelings wouldnt be hurt when we didnt get peyton Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    Exactly, which also means theres a chance Revis could be on the Jets next year with all our projected cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    A player like revis is invaluable when you play a team with a single dominant reciever and a non top tier qb. When we play the falcons we will surely miss revis as we have no one who can cover julio jones. We beat houston many times simply because Revis completetly took andre johnson out the game. The problem with the saints, they don't have any great wrs, just a bunch of decent WRs and a great QB.

I agree though that 16 million for a CB in today's NFL where most good teams have multiple weapons and a QB that can spread the ball around.
    They cant spread the ball around though when your other corner is Cromartie. Hes no Revis, but when Revis was on the Jets there is no better #2 corner in the league than Cromartie. Thats why Revis was extra valuable to the Jets compared to the other teams, is that you cant just go after the #2 corner because he is pretty dam good too.