Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pats Fans are idiots for booing Wilkerson for supposedly faking injury

Pats Fans are idiots for booing Wilkerson for supposedly faking injury

Aren't Pats fans supposed to be smart? Why would the Jets fake an injury to slow down the Pats offense when it was 4th and 10 and the clock was going to run down anyway and the Pats offense was not going to run another play regardless. I hope Muhammad is ok. The Pats fans who booed know very little about football. It must have been the 4th quarter beer kicking in.

Classless

All Pro
    A total disgrace and classless. The Jets had absolutely nothing to gain from faking an injury in this situation.

Not to mention that the play was actually costly for us time wise. The ball was snapped at 2:00 and the punt didn't get off until 1:08.

They let the play clock run down to 30 then blew it dead for Wilkerson, then restarted it back at 40. It cost us 10 seconds.

I wonder how much it cost Bill to call that one in?

Makes sense when you realize that the fans are used to seeing injuries being faked as a normal part of the game. They think because the Patriots do it, everyone does it.

Dude that is the Patriot Way.

You and I just can't understand because we are classless Jets fans.

Exactly. Ironic that a fan base of a team that was caught cheating and pulled out all the stops to gain a competitive advantage would boo a team when they are innocent of any wrong doing.

I thought Wilk was stupid for faking an injury that wasn't gonna stop the clock anyways.

Let's be real here, he was faking. I wonder if Rex asked him to fake not knowing the rules that the clock would be reset anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    I thought Wilk was stupid for faking an injury that wasn't gonna stop the clock anyways.

Let's be real here, he was faking. I wonder if Rex asked him to fake not knowing the rules that the clock would be reset anyways.
    What was the benefit to faking the injury? Answer that please. Clock is guaranteed not to stop regardless. Jets offense had plenty of time at the end of the game to get into field goal range.

Let's be honest here. We'd boo the **** out of Wilfork if he pulled that here.

All League
    just a bunch of drunk hillbillies, can wait to play them at home

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Let's be honest here. We'd boo the **** out of Wilfork if he pulled that here.
    Wilkerson wasn't faking an injury. There was no benefit to it. Use your heads. Answer the question. Why fake an injury there? You fake an injury when the other offense is in the hurry up. The Pats offense was facing 4th and 10, The Pats were not going to run another offensive play. If Wilkerson is hurt and if it's serious. I am going to F bomb everyone in this thread who makes stupid comments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    What was the benefit to faking the injury? Answer that please. Clock is guaranteed not to stop regardless. Jets offense had plenty of time at the end of the game to get into field goal range.
    That's my point. I don't think he knew the clock would start anyways. There was no need to fake lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

^^^^Whats the point in calling Pats fans classless and stupid, our fans are just as stupid.^^^

Mo has an ankle injury for what its worth

That's my point. I don't think he knew the clock would start anyways. There was no need to fake lol
    He didn't fake an injury. Players fake injuries when they are trying to stop the other teams offense from going into the hurry up. Players also only fake injuries when they are instructed to do so by their coaching staff with a signal. They are coached when to do it by their coaches. Wilkerson is getting an MRI by the way for his ankle. Rex says he hopes it is not a high ankle sprain.

He didn't fake an injury. Players fake injuries when they are trying to stop the other teams offense from going into the hurry up. Players also only fake injuries when they are instructed to do so by their coaching staff with a signal. They are coached when to do it by their coaches. Wilkerson is getting an MRI by the way for his ankle. Rex says he hopes it is not a high ankle sprain.
    They showed replay. He didn't get hit. It was a "cramp" lol

I don't know why he faked it. He knew we had no more timeouts and the Pats were trying to run the clock down. Maybe he thought if he was injured they'd stop the clock and not realize there were going to reset it anyways. If it was coached, then that tells us that the coaches didn't know that it would be reset anyways. That's even dumber since coaches should know the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    ^^^^Whats the point in calling Pats fans classless and stupid, our fans are just as stupid.^^^

Mo has an ankle injury for what its worth
    The fans who booed Wilkerson and chanted BS at Wilkerson are idiots. It's as simple as that. Recognize the situation. What I am finding in this thread is that some of our fans are just as stupid. So good point there.

Wilkerson wasn't faking an injury. There was no benefit to it. Use your heads. Answer the question. Why fake an injury there? You fake an injury when the other offense is in the hurry up. The Pats offense was facing 4th and 10, The Pats were not going to run another offensive play. If Wilkerson is hurt and if it's serious. I am going to F bomb everyone in this thread who makes stupid comments like this.
    I'm not saying Wilk was faking, I just think it's stupid to criticize fans for being PO'd at the thought. You know everyone at Metlife would be booing too. It's just heat of the moment passion.

They showed replay. He didn't get hit. It was a "cramp" lol

I don't know why he faked it. He knew we had no more timeouts and the Pats were trying to run the clock down. Maybe he thought if he was injured they'd stop the clock and not realize there were going to reset it anyways. If it was coached, then that tells us that the coaches didn't know that it would be reset anyways. That's even dumber since coaches should know the rules.
    Wilkerson wasn't faking an injury in that situation. There was no need to. He wasn't acting on his own. He was hurt. Plain and simple. There was no benefit to him faking an injury there. Wilkerson is not stupid. You on the other hand......

The fans who booed Wilkerson and chanted BS at Wilkerson are idiots. It's as simple as that. Recognize the situation. What I am finding in this thread is that some of our fans are just as stupid. So good point there.
    Yeah, some fans actually thought he didn't fake it lol.

Stupid will want to see what they want to see.

Guarantee he'll play next game.