Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gates and Hill are HOT GARBAGE.........

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    SNY postgame, Hill just said "I think I played alright" You cant make this up. These young WR just don't get it. Lucas was all over that interview.
    yeah, leave out the question, leave out what he probably said before and after that. some guys in here are just toolbags lmao

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    yeah, leave out the question, leave out what he probably said before and after that. some guys in here are just toolbags lmao
    It was pretty simple, he was asked how he thought he played tonight and Hill said he thought he played alright. Nothing was taken out of context.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It was pretty simple, he was asked how he thought he played tonight and Hill said he thought he played alright. Nothing was taken out of context.
    Right ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Right ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Did you see the interview?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we sign someone please? Lloyd, Edwards, anybody

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon is still rehabbing his ankle. Massaquai makes more sense IMO.
    Kerley should be back for the next game too, so that instantly makes us better.
    Holmes is getting back into rhythm too and ultimately Geno will learn to lean on him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill did play 'alright'...I don't see the fuss.

I cannot believe believe we kept Gates over Braylon....it seems we kept him because he returns KO's which would be dubious even if kick returning was still relevant,which it isn't...have we even had returned kick this season?

Sorry but Edwards on 1 leg is 10 x more the player than Gates

Stephen Hill is not the problem and is showing real flashes,he just needs to take that next step

2 plays last night summed it up.Geno puts 2 beautiful near perfect spirals over the shoulder of Gates and Hill...on both plays the Pats had great coverage.The Gates catch bounced off his shoulder,his hands nowhere near the ball.With Hill he was looking it into his gloves all the way until the db made a great play to tip it away.You could argue Hill needs to go up and extend and pluck the ball from over the defender but if the db doesn't make a great play that's a huge 1st down.Gates on the other hand was never catching the ball.
    Last edited by Redlichtie; 09-13-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post

I cannot believe believe we kept Gates over Braylon....it seems we kept him because he returns KO's which would be dubious even if kick returning was still relevant,which it isn't...have we even had returned kick this season?

Stephen Hill is not the problem and is showing real flashes,he just needs to take that next step
    Braylon was let go within the cuts down to 75..Why? Don't know..Maybe he is/was injured so they cut him knowing he'll still be available later on when healthy, if needed

If Bray is healthy now, he's needed. At least for 1 more looksie...Nothing to lose.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TimBalls19 View Post
    Idzik. Realy? Who should he have signed in his only off season.
    Really??? Just don't let the ones go that you have and you wont need to go out hunting for one. Clyde Gates was terrible with the Dolphins. Great speed that be does not how to bring o to the field and cant catch. Same reason why Miami cut him. He should be released no questions asked. Hill is a work I process with no real veteran to bring him along. Two words is all I have too say which equals one big mistake. Braylon Edwards. If he was out there last night we win the game. You want to start a rookie qb and give him no receivers to throw too??? You can give someone like Tom Brady poor receivers and I bet he wouldn't do so well either. Oh wait we just saw that last night. Way to go Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Braylon was let go within the cuts down to 75..Why? Don't know..Maybe he is/was injured so they cut him knowing he'll still be available later on when healthy, if needed

If Bray is healthy now, he's needed. At least for 1 more looksie...Nothing to lose.
    I think Braylon was a little banged up. He has been tweeting lately that he has been rehabbing and working out and that he is close being "ready", take that for whatever it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree and hope he's ready to go full speed and back in green by week 3.He proved in those 3 cameos lst season he is still better than all bar Kerley,even when not 100%

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think Braylon was a little banged up. He has been tweeting lately that he has been rehabbing and working out and that he is close being "ready", take that for whatever it is.
    Thanks sec.!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post

2 plays last night summed it up.Geno puts 2 beautiful near perfect spirals over the shoulder of Gates and Hill...on both plays the Pats had great coverage.The Gates catch bounced off his shoulder,his hands nowhere near the ball.With Hill he was looking it into his gloves all the way until the db made a great play to tip it away.You could argue Hill needs to go up and extend and pluck the ball from over the defender but if the db doesn't make a great play that's a huge 1st down.Gates on the other hand was never catching the ball.
    i think hill and gates lost the game. hill gave the pats 7 points and the jets lost a good shot of scoring some with his early fumble. gates dropped a td pass and dropped another that would have put the jets near the pats 10. in a league where only a few plays can turn a game, wow, the jets wrs really were the turning points. sure the picks hurt, but if the wrs were catching even some of those balls, the jets would have been in a position not to force things and may actually have been in a position to run out the clock.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was disappointed to see Spadola drop the pass, but I thought Ryan/MM should have given him another opportunity. By that time, how many passes had Gates dropped? And they just kept running him out there. Unbelievable.

And I don't think Obomanu saw the field. Was he active?

In any event, Gates is a horrible WR. Body catches everything or should I say TRIES to body catch everything. Like someone said earlier, he gets open, but what good is that if he can't catch the ball?

I hope to see some moves at the WR position this coming week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I was disappointed to see Spadola drop the pass, but I thought Ryan/MM should have given him another opportunity. By that time, how many passes had Gates dropped? And they just kept running him out there. Unbelievable.

In any event, Gates is a horrible WR. Body catches everything or should I say TRIES to body catch everything. Like someone said earlier, he gets open, but what good is that if he can't catch the ball?

He was..Saw him on STs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Braylon is still rehabbing his ankle. Massaquai makes more sense IMO.
    Kerley should be back for the next game too, so that instantly makes us better.
    Holmes is getting back into rhythm too and ultimately Geno will learn to lean on him.
    This. Hill, Holmes, and Kerley are a good starting 3 when all on the field at the same time. If we can find anther ST guy to sign over Gates I am for it. No way should Cro and Kerley be returning kicks IMO. Maybe when Goodson gets back he is returning kicks and we can let Gates go. Right now he is simply what we have. I'd be all for giving Mike Campbell a shot at WR is we can find anther KR guy. Campbell to me is that big body we could have used last night.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think when you have such widespread issues at one position, it's only fair to start looking at their coach. I don't know why Lal was retained but our WR's have been atrocious since he took over, but more importantly I don't see a whole lot of technique improvement from them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was..Saw him on STs
    Okay thanks.

I wish he would have gotten a few snaps on offense in place of Gates then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Agree, Gates not catching that TD pass was the difference in the ball game. If Braylon Edwards gets the ball, it would be a TD.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Agree, Gates not catching that TD pass was the difference in the ball game. If Braylon Edwards gets the ball, it would be a TD.
    that was bad. when a qb hits you in the hands with the ball in the end zone you must catch it. going forward, how can geno trust gates anymore? and hill too, for that matter. hill has ruined two consecutive games at NE for 2 jet qbs.