Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 98 of 98

Thread: Gates and Hill are HOT GARBAGE.........

  1. #81
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Now that Sanchez is GONE can we all admit certain TRUTHS!!!!!!


    1. You need good skilled Offensive weapons. The idea that any QB is simply going to "ELEVATE" guys who should be sitting in the stands with me is a joke!!! How did that work out for Brady last night!! Brady's offensive skill players sucked last night and the greatest QB of our generation couldn't magically ELEVATE the players around him. THE JETS NEED QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS FOR GENO TO DEVELOP AND GROW!!!! Period!!!!

    2. The OL has to play well for the QB to continually play well. The nonsense that was spouted out here for two season that a good QB can make good decisions and get rid of the ball in less than 1.4 seconds was MADDNESS. Smith often had 4 seconds of a stable pocket from which to throw and it was still hard to make plays with POOR SKILL PLAYERS. We must never sacrifice our offensive game plan because we get cheap or cute with regards to the OL.

    3. Todays NFL requires and demands you have superior skill players, not players being discarded by other teams because they are declining, players who made a good play against you, or players leaving JAIL!!! The Jets must have a plan to develop their offense players and have a stable offensive team philosophy...

    Think on it....It was madness for the last three years in the Jets FO and on the offensive side of the ball.

    Indeed if Tom Moore hadn't helped us out in year 2 what would Schotty have done!! Madness!!!Red and green wrist bands, Blown horns, 67 pass attempts in a game against the best DL in the NFL at the time, relying on and arrogantly keeping "good ole boy" coach Cav who literally helped Sanchez become a WORSE QB then he was when he came into the league!!; and finally coach Sparano. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

    Finally I for one have not been screaming about the Jets FO because for the first time in 9 years I feel we have a real plan again!! Geno will be fine if we all just settle down and let the young man grow, realize he is a rookie and poised BUT NOT PERFECT and get some dam skill players around him instead of dam snacks and the Jets will ok!!!!

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    With Gates, it's a typical situation where a WR looks great in camp when there's nothing on the line, but can't actually execute in the game (i.e. catch a ball).
    You're correct. Great example of that is David Clowney. You can say the same for Spadola, he's show nothing. Spadola is PS material. How does MM not bring in any veteran WR's?

  3. #83
    Your hot gargage


    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Your post is hot garbage.

    Who should Idzik have brought in? With what money? This is the year of ridding the team of bad contracts. If you factor in Holmes and Sanchez's deals, the Jets have 50 million in dead cap space. Think about that. 50 million.

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Now that Sanchez is GONE can we all admit certain TRUTHS!!!!!!


    1. You need good skilled Offensive weapons. The idea that any QB is simply going to "ELEVATE" guys who should be sitting in the stands with me is a joke!!! How did that work out for Brady last night!! Brady's offensive skill players sucked last night and the greatest QB of our generation couldn't magically ELEVATE the players around him. THE JETS NEED QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS FOR GENO TO DEVELOP AND GROW!!!! Period!!!!

    2. The OL has to play well for the QB to continually play well. The nonsense that was spouted out here for two season that a good QB can make good decisions and get rid of the ball in less than 1.4 seconds was MADDNESS. Smith often had 4 seconds of a stable pocket from which to throw and it was still hard to make plays with POOR SKILL PLAYERS. We must never sacrifice our offensive game plan because we get cheap or cute with regards to the OL.

    3. Todays NFL requires and demands you have superior skill players, not players being discarded by other teams because they are declining, players who made a good play against you, or players leaving JAIL!!! The Jets must have a plan to develop their offense players and have a stable offensive team philosophy...

    Think on it....It was madness for the last three years in the Jets FO and on the offensive side of the ball.

    Indeed if Tom Moore hadn't helped us out in year 2 what would Schotty have done!! Madness!!!Red and green wrist bands, Blown horns, 67 pass attempts in a game against the best DL in the NFL at the time, relying on and arrogantly keeping "good ole boy" coach Cav who literally helped Sanchez become a WORSE QB then he was when he came into the league!!; and finally coach Sparano. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

    Finally I for one have not been screaming about the Jets FO because for the first time in 9 years I feel we have a real plan again!! Geno will be fine if we all just settle down and let the young man grow, realize he is a rookie and poised BUT NOT PERFECT and get some dam skill players around him instead of dam snacks and the Jets will ok!!!!
    Two games in and same old same old. Jets 'offense' can't get out of the teens. A high score of 18 the first week thanks to at least three drive extending penalties by the opposing defense, and ten whole points against a supposedly awful NE defense. The entire cast of characters OC, QB, RB's TE has all changed and even some new WR's, and it's Deja vu all over again. You can't make silk out of a sow's ear no matter how good the qB is. This team is going nowhere until it figures out how to get points at least in teh 20's.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Plain and simple. I blame Idzik for this mess at wide receiver!
    Next year the Jets have 12 draft picks and are $40M under the cap.

    This year he had no money for free agents and he wisely took the best available talent in the draft. The draft is for the best talent and free agency is for needs. Idzik has his eye on the big picture. To date I think he is doing a fine job.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Plain and simple. I blame Idzik for this mess at wide receiver!
    shhh how r we gonna trade their asses if we let everyone else know they suck

  7. #87
    Hill plays really small. He doesn't go up and get it, he doesn't use his size, he doesn't bully people. I couldn't believe he didn't just run over or drag Kyle Arrington.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Also that one play where he went down pretty easy going one on one was pathetic. With those long arms of his where is the stiff arm or the power from his frame. He got swung down not even tackled with ease.
    Hill is usually a pretty tough player who often takes 4 or 5 defenders to stack him up and stop him,I've often thought he needs to reign that in a little their wise he's to get injured one time.I thought Arrington(who's pretty underrated by the way) just made a great tackle on the play

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Next year the Jets have 12 draft picks and are $40M under the cap.

    This year he had no money for free agents and he wisely took the best available talent in the draft. The draft is for the best talent and free agency is for needs. Idzik has his eye on the big picture. To date I think he is doing a fine job.
    +2


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  10. #90
    Gates still hasn't been cut?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Hill plays really small. He doesn't go up and get it, he doesn't use his size, he doesn't bully people. I couldn't believe he didn't just run over or drag Kyle Arrington.
    I agree. Hill is 6'4" and jumped 40" at the combine, but he waits for the ball to come into his body. I don't know if it is a skill that can be developed, but it would really push him to the next level if he could just practice catching the ball at its highest point.

    That being said, I looked up Hill's stats on ESPN and right now he is projecting to 80 catches for 1000 yards. I think we would all be very satisfied with that total.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14910/stephen-hill

  12. #92
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Now that Sanchez is GONE can we all admit certain TRUTHS!!!!!!


    1. You need good skilled Offensive weapons. The idea that any QB is simply going to "ELEVATE" guys who should be sitting in the stands with me is a joke!!! How did that work out for Brady last night!! Brady's offensive skill players sucked last night and the greatest QB of our generation couldn't magically ELEVATE the players around him. THE JETS NEED QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS FOR GENO TO DEVELOP AND GROW!!!! Period!!!!

    2. The OL has to play well for the QB to continually play well. The nonsense that was spouted out here for two season that a good QB can make good decisions and get rid of the ball in less than 1.4 seconds was MADDNESS. Smith often had 4 seconds of a stable pocket from which to throw and it was still hard to make plays with POOR SKILL PLAYERS. We must never sacrifice our offensive game plan because we get cheap or cute with regards to the OL.

    3. Todays NFL requires and demands you have superior skill players, not players being discarded by other teams because they are declining, players who made a good play against you, or players leaving JAIL!!! The Jets must have a plan to develop their offense players and have a stable offensive team philosophy...

    Think on it....It was madness for the last three years in the Jets FO and on the offensive side of the ball.

    Indeed if Tom Moore hadn't helped us out in year 2 what would Schotty have done!! Madness!!!Red and green wrist bands, Blown horns, 67 pass attempts in a game against the best DL in the NFL at the time, relying on and arrogantly keeping "good ole boy" coach Cav who literally helped Sanchez become a WORSE QB then he was when he came into the league!!; and finally coach Sparano. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

    Finally I for one have not been screaming about the Jets FO because for the first time in 9 years I feel we have a real plan again!! Geno will be fine if we all just settle down and let the young man grow, realize he is a rookie and poised BUT NOT PERFECT and get some dam skill players around him instead of dam snacks and the Jets will ok!!!!
    Snacks turned out to be a great player, but not a "skill" position. Wish we had more like him. Can we stop running Bohannon. I like him, but there are better options for running the ball.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I agree. Hill is 6'4" and jumped 40" at the combine, but he waits for the ball to come into his body. I don't know if it is a skill that can be developed, but it would really push him to the next level if he could just practice catching the ball at its highest point.

    That being said, I looked up Hill's stats on ESPN and right now he is projecting to 80 catches for 1000 yards. I think we would all be very satisfied with that total.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14910/stephen-hill
    Great post. Hill has been a mixed bag, for all the posts shut his drops, I actually think he's made some tough catches with his hands this year. I also like that he is stretching the field a bit more too.

    However, he is playing real small. We should be throwing it up to him in the endzone and leveraging more jump balls like the great ball he caught in the fourth quarter.

    I like the kids self belief and desire to improve but I feel like he isn't playing to his own strengths...

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Hill plays really small. He doesn't go up and get it, he doesn't use his size, he doesn't bully people. I couldn't believe he didn't just run over or drag Kyle Arrington.
    Its about ball security.

    On that play, he had the ball in his right hand, which is from where Arrington was coming to tackle him. Hill should've tried to switch the ball to his outside hand so he could use his right arm to fight off the defender.

    Hill took the conservative approach and secured the ball, then tried to lower his shoulder to get the first down.

  15. #95
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He's the first player that needs to go next year when we draft a stud WR.
    Why wait until next year? Gates can be cut now and I don't believe it will do any harm financially.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Why wait until next year? Gates can be cut now and I don't believe it will do any harm financially.
    If we had an NFL receiver in place of Gates Thursday night we probably win the game and start the season 2-0.

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Also that one play where he went down pretty easy going one on one was pathetic. With those long arms of his where is the stiff arm or the power from his frame. He got swung down not even tackled with ease.
    Agree. That was Gregory who is half his size. Like Mayock said, he needs to lower the pads and take on the tackler in that situation. And a stiff arm is also a good technique which I haven't seen him use yet.

    Edit: The play I'm referring to was the one where he came up half a yard short of the 1st down (the one Rex challenged).
    Last edited by Jordy; 09-14-2013 at 11:53 AM.

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    If we had an NFL receiver in place of Gates Thursday night we probably win the game and start the season 2-0.
    Like Braylon Edwards.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us