Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gates and Hill are HOT GARBAGE.........

Gates and Hill are HOT GARBAGE.........

Plain and simple. I blame Idzik for this mess at wide receiver!

Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    DANG SKIPPY! Gates should not be the fourth receiver on this team. I would take a hurt Braylon over Gates any day.

Practice Squad
    Idzik. Realy? Who should he have signed in his only off season.

Gates yes, hill is worth the gamble

Friggin anybody off the street it appears would do..............

Quote Originally Posted by TimBalls19 View Post
    Idzik. Realy? Who should he have signed in his only off season.

It was always my impression that WRs were a dime a dozen. Why is it so frigigin hard for this team to find one that can hang onto the ball?

We were able to contain a crapy wr core. looking at our schedule, there are going to be some big problems. The Pats crappy receivers were getting open but could not catch the passes from Brady. Going to be real tuff.

Thank you...............

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    It was always my impression that WRs were a dime a dozen. Why is it so frigigin hard for this team to find one that can hang onto the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Were you watching the game... Apparently it is not easy to find WRs to catch. Pats WRs dropped a ton too

Gates is not an NFL caliber WR. Something bad happened virtually every time the ball was thrown his way. Hill has potential, but the drops and fumbles are getting real old

Hill IS improved over last year. So maybe he deserved continued work with the team to see if our investment will pay off.

Gates...I just don't get it. Guy sucks every game.

Veteran
    Kerley plays we win. Definitely have to bring some free agent receivers in for try outs

Available: Brandon Loyd, Massaqui bring back

hill is still a decent starter with unlimited upside. he made some mistakes, the fumble was a freakish accident he got the ball kicked out while being taken down it happens. im just glad they utilize him now and move him around the field. he's wide open a lot but geno doesnt see the windows yet. im sure it will change after a few weeks but hill could have had some TDs and a bunch of bigplays after 2 games by now had geno actually paid a little more attention to where he is.

gates however is just garbage and absolutely useless. we might as well line up cumberland at WR im sure that would be an upgrade actually

Braylon Edwards should never have been cut. Spadola is PS squad material. Obomanu is a stiff. Gates sucks. Hill is worth the gamble but he's not better than Braylon Edwards. Edwards played well when he got the chance this summer. He got hurt, didn't get a chance to play 3rd preseason game and then got cut.

Gates I am definitely on board with. I wish this idiot would just go play in rush hour LIE traffic.

Hill not so much. I think his hands are getting better. The fumble was very costly and this makes two years in a row now that he has cost the team big time in NE, but I think the talent is there. He will develop into a much better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Gates I am definitely on board with. I wish this idiot would just go play in rush hour LIE traffic.

Hill not so much. I think his hands are getting better. The fumble was very costly and this makes two years in a row now that he has cost the team big time in NE, but I think the talent is there. He will develop into a much better player.
    The fumble was actually caused when the Pats players leg inadvertently kicked the ball out of Hill's hands. It was just a freak thing. Hill has out of this world physical tools but he is still learning how to be a receiver. He is not very smooth at all as a player. He is still very raw.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Kerley's injury is the only reason Gates saw the field so much. It's a shame Spadola had that one pass knocked out of his hands, he may have seen more time.

Practice Squad
    I was angry, but now after thinking about it. This team is what we figured it would be with no bigtime talent at WR. We've got some young guys still developing but nothing we can really depend on yet. Also the timing and chemistry between the WR's and Geno is going to get better with time. They don't really know each other's tendencies yet. It seems like an easy thing but it's not. Marty has to work harder to make things easier for them. I understand the plays are designed for YAC, but mixing in some routes that will make it easier for the QB and WR to connect wouldn't hurt. Geno and these WR's need a lot more work. Thank goodness they'll have a lot of practice time before the next game.

Veteran
    SNY postgame, Hill just said "I think I played alright" You cant make this up. These young WR just don't get it. Lucas was all over that interview.

Im not sure why so many seem to be bashing Hill I thought he had an OK game. 8 targets 4 catches like 84 yards and the rain didnt help.