Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milliner benched?

Veteran

Milliner benched?

Cimini is saying he was benched in the second halfvandvreplaced by Walls.
    WTF! Kid better step it up

Hall Of Fame
    Yep. Rex said it in the presser. Said he think Dee will learn just from watching.

How about someone coaches him up? Just a thought.

He missed all of the pre-season didn't he? Anyway, it's showing up. Still think he'll be a good corner for us.

Glad Rex is holding people accountable finally - even if it's selectively.

Veteran
    Deservedly so. While Richardson has been great...Dee has been terrible so far.

He's coming off an injury so lets give him some time. But as of now he should not be starting.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Should have drafted Trufant

He should have benched immediately after the long TD where he lined up on the wrong side of the field and left a WR completely uncovered. I've watched football a long time; I don't think I've ever seen that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Little premature?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Xavier Rhodes was the guy cause he played mostly press bump and run coverage in college. It would have been an easy transition to Rex's D.

Look...lets give credit to Walls...he has looked very good...guy gets his head turned around and looks for the ball...but lets give Dee a chance...kid is raw

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Xavier Rhodes was the guy cause he played mostly press bump and run coverage in college. It would have been an easy transition to Rex's D.
    The thing is Milliner played a lot of bump in college and was very physical. Watching him out there now.......he doesn't even look like the same player. Why? .....I don't know and I'm guessing he is not fully healthy.

He was wearing a boot only a few days before the opener.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yep. Rex said it in the presser. Said he think Dee will learn just from watching.

Kyle Wilson hasn't been coached up in four years.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    He missed all of the pre-season didn't he? Anyway, it's showing up. Still think he'll be a good corner for us.

Glad Rex is holding people accountable finally - even if it's selectively.
    Selective accountability is just as bad as showing none at all.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Dee was the consensus number 1 CB in the draft. DT has a proven track record of developing guys.

Kyle Wilson is not the norm, and am hoping he is the exception. But I won't lie....and after seeing Dee again I wanted Walls in.....even Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

That's the question mark about Rex. He's tough on these new Idzik guys (it looked like Ivory wasn't in there much after his fumble)...but not on the guys he brought in during the Tanny era.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Selective accountability is just as bad as showing none at all.
    Dee Baby,

This is not Alabama where you covered crap most of the time. This is the NFL--try doing two things at once, covering your man and keeping your eye on the ball. Also Dee, in case you didn't know it, physical contact is allowed at the line of scrimmage.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    True.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Dee was the consensus number 1 CB in the draft. DT has a proven track record of developing guys.

Kyle Wilson is not the norm, and am hoping he is the exception. But I won't lie....and after seeing Dee again I wanted Walls in.....even Wilson.
    Dee also wasn't the consensus pick for us at No. 9.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Look...lets give credit to Walls...he has looked very good...guy gets his head turned around and looks for the ball...but lets give Dee a chance...kid is raw

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    Dee is not "raw". On paper he was probably the most NFL ready CB in the draft having played in a NFL style defense, coached by a NFL coach and went against SEC competition which is as close to the NFL you are going to get in college. Dee was benched for the mental errors not his physical deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Dee Baby,

This is not Alabama where you covered crap most of the time. This is the NFL--try doing two things at once, covering your man and keeping your eye on the ball. Also Dee, in case you didn't know it, physical contact is allowed at the line of scrimmage.
    Rex picked on Dee because he's still bitter about Woody/Idzik not wanting to keep Revis. Dee faced better WRs in the SEC than he faced tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    The thing is Milliner played a lot of bump in college and was very physical. Watching him out there now.......he doesn't even look like the same player. Why? .....I don't know and I'm guessing he is not fully healthy.

He was wearing a boot only a few days before the opener.
    If he played bump and run in college, I didn't see it at least not consistently. The games I saw, he played mostly off man and his physicality is completely overblown. All that said, I believe he was benched because he was making a bunch of mental errors not because he was getting beat. The dude like lined up on the wrong side of the field covering no one leaving his man completely uncovered for a TD.

The boot I believe was for a calf injury.