Thread: Remember tonight

Remember tonight

This team showed something tonight, something that if you've watched enough football, you know. This is a team that will be in every game this year and will be a force in the future. Tonight is not a funeral but rather a huge step towards legitimate elite status down the road. No moral victories , but for some reason this normally pessimistic jets fan is smiling.

I will say I feel very good about our next two games...if we play buffalo with a healthy team and get Coples back...can be very interesting

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

3-13

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    This team showed something tonight, something that if you've watched enough football, you know. This is a team that will be in every game this year and will be a force in the future. Tonight is not a funeral but rather a huge step towards legitimate elite status down the road. No moral victories , but for some reason this normally pessimistic jets fan is smiling.
    Feeling very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    3-13
    You're in the minority with this thought, and I bet that's not amongst fellow fans at this point, but nationally. You don't think there's any chance our line gels more, and Geno progresses week to week?

Agreed and this is one of the points I have been trying to get across.

Jets Insider VIP
    7-9

All League
    16 games completed.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    You're in the minority with this thought, and I bet that's not amongst fellow fans at this point, but nationally. You don't think there's any chance our line gels more, and Geno progresses week to week?
    Not a chance. We essentially have the same receiving corps as last year. They sucked then and won't stop sucking anytime soon. I predicted 3-13 before the season and firmly believe I'm pretty close to being right

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    I will say I feel very good about our next two games...if we play buffalo with a healthy team and get Coples back...can be very interesting

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    Lets hope we don't lose Brick and Willie for a game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Lets hope we don't lose Brick and Willie for a game.
    I am all for Willie missing a game to see what Winters can do. Willie's false starts are drive killers.

I thought we played great. We were 12 point underdogs and should have won this game. We have a rookie qb who barely even played in the pre season. His numbers were better than Bradys except for the picks. I see good things for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    I thought the D looked great and will keep us in many games this season, but there will also be games we'll see where we're saying "why aren't we up 3 TDs right now?". I just hope Idzik is given time to build this team...he drafted 4 starters this year and would have been 5 if Winters didn't get injured in preseason. The core of this team that we will see in the next upcoming years is from this draft.