Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103

Thread: The ignorant Ducasse hate needs to stop.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    All your self-righteousness go f*ck itself.

    With that said, here is my take on Ducasse...

    Ducasse played EXCELLENT tonight and honestly I am shocked. I never thought he would get there. He's had BUST written all over him ever since he was drafted.
    If you pin a "bust" label on a project player from a small college with limited football experience from the moment he's drafted . . . you might be a redneck.

    But what's not being mentioned here is WHY did this take him so long? I mean after all, he was drafted in 2010 for Christ sake. NOW, on September 13, 2013 he is suddenly having his FIRST good game? So it takes him 3 and change years to have one good game? And now we get to deal with you meatheads coming out and defending him like he's some sort of hero and you guys were right all along?
    Because he was a project player from a small college with limited football experience? Who was then bounced from G to T to G to T over his first few years in the league, stunting his development? (It's not a coincidence that he started showing up some when stuck at G last year and finally left alone). Who didn't have the benefit of a full NFL offseason until after his second year, thanks to the strike? (Again, not a coincidence that his growth happened between years 2 and 3 and years 3 and 4).

    Nah, that's ridiculous. Let's go with "your ignorant, impatient take was right all along, and this is obviously either a flash in the pan fluke or Ducasse was visited by aliens who switched his brain with John Hannah's." Those are really the only possible explanations.

    (God, this fanbase is ridiculous)

    Ducasse was drafted as the RT heir apparent. FAIL. He was drafted as a developmental player. FAIL. It took him 3 and change years for Jets fans to see ONE good game, not even great game, just a good game. FAIL. Will he EVER have another good game? FAIL.
    LOL. He is a failure as a developmental player because it took him a few years to develop? To quote a great swordsman: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    It's time for the Jets to cut bait with Ducasse and get him off the books. He is way too inconsistent for him to keep his job with the NYJ.
    Makes perfect sense. Take a guy who is making next to nothing in cap room, who just pancaked and otherwise destroyed one of the most dominant DTs of recent NFL history, and cut him to "get him off the books", because some redneck fisherman is afraid he may be proven wrong (again). Sounds like a plan!

    How about continue to play Ducasse, extend him mid-year at a reasonable number, and go into the offseason with only 2 OL FA to worry about rather than 3?


    The only reason why he kept his job through TC was because Brian Winters suffered through injuries during TC and into the season. And now you guys try to come on this board and act as though you were always so right and we are all a bunch of SOJF's? Get a f*cking clue.

    It's about RESULTS, something we have NEVER seen from Ducasse. And those are the facts.
    You're not even a SOJF. Calling you a SOJF would be an insult to SOJFs.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He dominated Wilfat tonight. Morningwig should have taken advantage of the Jets O-Line dominating the Pats front 7 most of the game. We could have worn them down.
    I do not watch much Patriot football but I have never seen an OG handle WILFORK as if he were just another player! Vlad did well and I hope he keeps it up.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    You're approaching trolldom on this one Maine. Please just stop it.
    Approaching? He passed trolldom a few thousand miles ago. The only reason he's "approaching" trolldom is that the world is round. He's about to lap trolldom

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Some players (especially 2nd round picks) do take 2 years to develop when you consider Ducasse was a project to start, 2 years is simply not unusual.

    It's really like Jets fans assume every player develops immediately. This is why you wait three to four years to grade a draft, because players develop at different rates. Wrs are a great example of this.
    Oh, so now it is unreasonable to think that he make some contributions to the team during his rookie season, second season, third season?

    My problem with the pick is with Tanny, it isn't with Ducasse. You DO NOT draft PROJECT OL in the 2nd round. The fact is, every single team in the NFL relies on their first 3 draft picks (1st, 2nd, 3rd) to make an immediate impact. To do something. This guy was drafted like the Jets had more talent than any other team in the history of football. If you choose to take a project in the 7th round? Sure, go ahead. You're likely end up cutting all of you 7th rounders anyway. You DO NOT draft f*cking projects in the 2nd round.

    From there my problem is with Ducasse. He's been terrible for so long. It's not like the Jets hadn't given him a chance.

    Now, you guys are honking the horn stroking each other like you were always right. It defies logic and it is very laughable.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,225
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Approaching? He passed trolldom a few thousand miles ago. The only reason he's "approaching" trolldom is that the world is round. He's about to lap trolldom
    I'm not going involved in the Trolldom debate but, I have to admit, this one made me go

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    All your self-righteousness go f*ck itself.

    With that said, here is my take on Ducasse...

    Ducasse played EXCELLENT tonight and honestly I am shocked. I never thought he would get there. He's had BUST written all over him ever since he was drafted.

    But what's not being mentioned here is WHY did this take him so long? I mean after all, he was drafted in 2010 for Christ sake. NOW, on September 13, 2013 he is suddenly having his FIRST good game? So it takes him 3 and change years to have one good game? And now we get to deal with you meatheads coming out and defending him like he's some sort of hero and you guys were right all along?

    Ducasse was drafted as the RT heir apparent. FAIL. He was drafted as a developmental player. FAIL. It took him 3 and change years for Jets fans to see ONE good game, not even great game, just a good game. FAIL. Will he EVER have another good game? FAIL.

    It's time for the Jets to cut bait with Ducasse and get him off the books. He is way too inconsistent for him to keep his job with the NYJ.

    The only reason why he kept his job through TC was because Brian Winters suffered through injuries during TC and into the season. And now you guys try to come on this board and act as though you were always so right and we are all a bunch of SOJF's? Get a f*cking clue.

    It's about RESULTS, something we have NEVER seen from Ducasse. And those are the facts.
    All players don't Develop the same in the Nfl. Sometimes it takes players a couple years for them to develop. The key is who cares how long it took, but the fact that the player is finally playing like the player you thought you were drafting back in 2010.( how can you not be thrilled with what you saw from him last night- he dominated Wilfork who isn't some slouch at DT.)

    Ducasse was never drafted to play Rt( that was some fantasy dreamed up by Jet fans- doesn't have the feet to play tackle at NFL level) He was drafted to play LG. Just because you say it enough( Rt) was why he was drafted, means that is the truth.

    Hey after showing patience and waiting for Ducasse to develop for years , get rid of him when he finally showing promise.( you have to be joking right). Hey you want to get rid of him now call Reggie Mckenzie he probably be interested in him. Ducasse keeps playing this way and he going to be in high demand next year in Fa.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-13-2013 at 07:52 AM.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post
    Not gonna be cool when he gets suspended for next week's game. Imaging what the o-line looks loke after losing Brick and Colon to suspensions.

    (I liked seeing some fire from Brick 4 a change too, but we don't need it when the game is over)
    Not to mention it'll be against BUF massive D-line.

    But I liked the fire too. From both him and Colon. I think Colon is bringing nasty to the the Jets. Good to see some of that on offense.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, so now it is unreasonable to think that he make some contributions to the team during his rookie season, second season, third season?

    My problem with the pick is with Tanny, it isn't with Ducasse. You DO NOT draft PROJECT OL in the 2nd round. The fact is, every single team in the NFL relies on their first 3 draft picks (1st, 2nd, 3rd) to make an immediate impact. To do something. This guy was drafted like the Jets had more talent than any other team in the history of football. If you choose to take a project in the 7th round? Sure, go ahead. You're likely end up cutting all of you 7th rounders anyway. You DO NOT draft f*cking projects in the 2nd round.

    From there my problem is with Ducasse. He's been terrible for so long. It's not like the Jets hadn't given him a chance.

    Now, you guys are honking the horn stroking each other like you were always right. It defies logic and it is very laughable.
    One thing I forgot, I was thinking that Ducasse was in his 3rd season (I'm in a train and it's annoyance to look it up) , not his 4th. So I'd agree that while 2 years for a project isn't a problem, 3 years is. I disagree that drafting a project in the 2nd round is inherently a bad idea. The Jets should be happy to get a good year out of Ducasse, and if he plays well he's not a bust, but it wasn't a worthwhile return.

    However I'm not sure what the general success rate of picks at the end of the 2nd round.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    All players don't Develop the same in the Nfl. Sometimes it takes players a couple years for them to develop. The key is who cares how long it took, but the fact that the player is finally playing like the player you thought you were drafting back in 2010.( how can you not be thrilled with what you saw from him last night- he dominated Wilfork who isn't some slouch at DT.)
    Exactly. But given a choice between "understanding sunk costs" and "scream that I was right all along", Maine will choose "I was right" 110 times out of 100.


    Ducasse was never drafted to play Rt( that was some fantasy dreamed up by Jet fans- doesn't have the feet to play tackle at NFL level) He was drafted to play LG. Just because you say it enough( Rt) was why he was drafted, means that is the truth.
    Actually, I'd say the Jets drafted him with the thought that his floor was as a G but that his upside was as a T - i.e. that they expected him to end up at G but were keeping an open mind on him at RT because if he could play there it would turn a good pick into a homerun. That's the only conceivable explanation for the team spending so much time playing and evaluating him at RT over his first two seasons. They only shifted him to G full time after they confirmed that the consensus on Ducasse (he wouldn't work as an NFL tackle) was right. That's part of what stunted his development.


    Hey after showing patience and waiting for Ducasse to develop for years , get rid of him when he finally showing promise.( you have to be joking right). Hey you want to get rid of him now call Reggie Mckenzie he probably be interested in him.
    No. You could just be from Maine. Poor guy has probably had to deal with Pats fan neighbors bashing Ducasse for years

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I do not watch much Patriot football but I have never seen an OG handle WILFORK as if he were just another player! Vlad did well and I hope he keeps it up.
    Only guard I saw dominate Wilfork worse than that was giants Kevin Boothe . Kevin Boothe pan caked Wilfork so bad the refs called a penalty on Boothe. Wilfork who was miked up, confessed to the Refs that they blew the call on that one.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    While we are on the subject of the ejections, how much of an ass is Belichick for bleating to the refs insisting that Brick and Big Willie had to leave the bench and go to the locker room?

    Yes, I know that's the rule, but the Pats had the game won are were one kneel-down away from ending the game. And there's Belicheat, in the side judge's ear, insisting that Brick and Willie run the gauntlet of hate to the locker room before the play is run.

    What a worm.
    Any HC should do the same thing and I'd expect the same from Rex Ryan if it were Pats players that were ejected. They deserved to be shown the door.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Any HC should do the same thing and I'd expect the same from Rex Ryan if it were Pats players that were ejected. They deserved to be shown the door.
    +1

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Any HC should do the same thing and I'd expect the same from Rex Ryan if it were Pats players that were ejected. They deserved to be shown the door.
    Yes, it's the rule. But the Pats were one kneel-down away from the win. Given the weather conditions, I personally would have taken the kneel-down and got the hell out of there. It just looked like piling on to me at that point, although it is clearly the letter of the law that they have to leave the field.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Any HC should do the same thing and I'd expect the same from Rex Ryan if it were Pats players that were ejected. They deserved to be shown the door.
    I have to agree here. The rule are the rules.

    Although, I also agree that Belicheat is a worm.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    If you pin a "bust" label on a project player from a small college with limited football experience from the moment he's drafted . . . you might be a redneck..
    And you would be an IDIOT if you choose to draft a project player from a small college with limited football experience in the 2ND ROUND. That to ASSUME you have so much talent on your roster that you can AFFORD to spend 3 f*cking years developing a supposed RT. Meanwhile, Damien Woody, the guy Ducasse was drafted to replace has been doing ESPN commentating for 3 seasons now?

    7th round? A pick like that would actually make sense. 2nd round? That's f*cking stupidity and it might cause you to get FIRED.



    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Because he was a project player from a small college with limited football experience? Who was then bounced from G to T to G to T over his first few years in the league, stunting his development? (It's not a coincidence that he started showing up some when stuck at G last year and finally left alone). Who didn't have the benefit of a full NFL offseason until after his second year, thanks to the strike? (Again, not a coincidence that his growth happened between years 2 and 3 and years 3 and 4)..
    He was "BOUNCED" as you so call it because he FAILED at becoming a RT. He only got a chance at LG because he the Jets were trying to save face about the pick.

    He was bounced back and forth between G/T and T/G? You are so completely full of SH*T and haven't the faintest idea what the f*ck you are talking about. Please provide this PROOF of him getting bounced around between positions as though this was so bad for his oh so fragile psyche? What a crock of sh*t.

    And in regards to the strike? Give me a f*cking break, that's lame even for a lawyer. EVERY player went through that strike.

    Common sense rules the roost on this argument and I'm going to take the time to educate you on it....

    The cream rises to the top no matter what.

    That means if Ducasse was good enough to play Tackle, blocking TE he would have been left alone as you so call it so he could develop his craft. Well, he SUCKED. His stock did not rise, it plummeted as he lost how many TC competitions?

    Now maybe in the world of lawyering you get 3 plus years of making f*cking excuses for yourself and get away with it. But in the world of pro football? No, they do not get sit on their A$$es in an office and make excuses as to why they suck at their job.

    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Nah, that's ridiculous. Let's go with "your ignorant, impatient take was right all along, and this is obviously either a flash in the pan fluke or Ducasse was visited by aliens who switched his brain with John Hannah's." Those are really the only possible explanations.

    (God, this fanbase is ridiculous)
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. And if you think you could be a GM for an NFL team with a guy like Ducasse on it? Good luck trying to win with the Lombardi trophy with that.



    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    LOL. He is a failure as a developmental player because it took him a few years to develop? To quote a great swordsman: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.


    Makes perfect sense. Take a guy who is making next to nothing in cap room, who just pancaked and otherwise destroyed one of the most dominant DTs of recent NFL history, and cut him to "get him off the books", because some redneck fisherman is afraid he may be proven wrong (again). Sounds like a plan!

    How about continue to play Ducasse, extend him mid-year at a reasonable number, and go into the offseason with only 2 OL FA to worry about rather than 3?




    You're not even a SOJF. Calling you a SOJF would be an insult to SOJFs.
    And you are a dingbat if you think you can run a football team that way.

    ONE GOOD GAME every 3 seasons? Yeah, that sounds good to me.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    All players don't Develop the same in the Nfl. Sometimes it takes players a couple years for them to develop. The key is who cares how long it took, but the fact that the player is finally playing like the player you thought you were drafting back in 2010.( how can you not be thrilled with what you saw from him last night- he dominated Wilfork who isn't some slouch at DT.)

    Ducasse was never drafted to play Rt( that was some fantasy dreamed up by Jet fans- doesn't have the feet to play tackle at NFL level) He was drafted to play LG. Just because you say it enough( Rt) was why he was drafted, means that is the truth.

    Hey after showing patience and waiting for Ducasse to develop for years , get rid of him when he finally showing promise.( you have to be joking right). Hey you want to get rid of him now call Reggie Mckenzie he probably be interested in him. Ducasse keeps playing this way and he going to be in high demand next year in Fa.
    A couple of years???? How about this being his 4TH season and now finally he's having his first good game? He got beaten like a rented mule just last week.

    Like I said already if you think inconsistency to the point that you have one good game every 53 games? OK, good luck running the Raiders that way.

  17. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    A couple of years???? How about this being his 4TH season and now finally he's having his first good game? He got beaten like a rented mule just last week.

    Like I said already if you think inconsistency to the point that you have one good game every 53 games? OK, good luck running the Raiders that way.
    Nice turn of a phrase, really . Sadly thought it's incorrect. Last week he graded out no worse than any other Olineman. He was -.5 or just very slightly below average for the league in week 1.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    All players don't Develop the same in the Nfl. Sometimes it takes players a couple years for them to develop. The key is who cares how long it took, but the fact that the player is finally playing like the player you thought you were drafting back in 2010.( how can you not be thrilled with what you saw from him last night- he dominated Wilfork who isn't some slouch at DT.)

    Ducasse was never drafted to play Rt( that was some fantasy dreamed up by Jet fans- doesn't have the feet to play tackle at NFL level) He was drafted to play LG. Just because you say it enough( Rt) was why he was drafted, means that is the truth.

    Hey after showing patience and waiting for Ducasse to develop for years , get rid of him when he finally showing promise.( you have to be joking right). Hey you want to get rid of him now call Reggie Mckenzie he probably be interested in him. Ducasse keeps playing this way and he going to be in high demand next year in Fa.
    Yes, he was drafted to play RT. He was drafted as Damien Woody's replacement. Go back and look it up. And even if you choose to say he was drafted as a Guard, that still does not make any sense whatsoever. You've heard the phrase, "you can get any guy off the street to play Guard"? So now you are going to tell me that the Jets drafted a DEVELOPMENTAL player in the 2nd round no less as a GUARD? That makes no sense and is simply ludicrous.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    61. New York Jets
    Vladimir Ducasse, OG Massachusetts 6-5, 332 (OT)
    Overall Pick No. 61 CFN Overall Ranking: 74

    This is about right. Ducasse cant step in and produce right away, but if hes given a little bit of time he could be a phenomenal get. The Jets have to be patient, but he might be tried out on the inside early on to see if he can flatten anyone.

    Is he a tackle or a guard? A tremendous raw prospect, he has the prototype size and the quickness to become a star at tackle in time, he played his entire college career on the outside, but hes not even close technique-wise. At the moment, hes not an NFL tackle by any stretch. The raw tools are there and with the right coach he could be a perennial Pro Bowler.
    The Tuna once said it takes 3 years sometimes to find out what you have. So it took the start of year four for Vlad to be bad, better late then never..

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    One thing I forgot, I was thinking that Ducasse was in his 3rd season (I'm in a train and it's annoyance to look it up) , not his 4th. So I'd agree that while 2 years for a project isn't a problem, 3 years is. I disagree that drafting a project in the 2nd round is inherently a bad idea. The Jets should be happy to get a good year out of Ducasse, and if he plays well he's not a bust, but it wasn't a worthwhile return.

    However I'm not sure what the general success rate of picks at the end of the 2nd round.
    In light of last nights play, I would say that is accurate. If he's finally working out at Guard (which he certainly did last night) then yes we should keep him. But once again the Jets are going to need to cut him if he's going to have a good game every 50 games or so. He was horrid just last week.

    And I would still view the guy as a bust or at least a MAJOR disappointment. You simply cannot field a team waiting 3 plus seasons for some return on the investment. There were many other players Tanny could have chosen that would provided an immediate return including OL.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us