Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The ignorant Ducasse hate needs to stop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The ignorant Ducasse hate needs to stop.

He dominated Wilfat tonight. Morningwig should have taken advantage of the Jets O-Line dominating the Pats front 7 most of the game. We could have worn them down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ducasse was a stud tonight

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He played damn well. No doubt about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our best OL tonight

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a good night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda cool that DBrick got booted

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He dominated Wilfat tonight. Morningwig should have taken advantage of the Jets O-Line dominating the Pats front 7 most of the game. We could have worn them down.
    All your self-righteousness go f*ck itself.

With that said, here is my take on Ducasse...

Ducasse played EXCELLENT tonight and honestly I am shocked. I never thought he would get there. He's had BUST written all over him ever since he was drafted.

But what's not being mentioned here is WHY did this take him so long? I mean after all, he was drafted in 2010 for Christ sake. NOW, on September 13, 2013 he is suddenly having his FIRST good game? So it takes him 3 and change years to have one good game? And now we get to deal with you meatheads coming out and defending him like he's some sort of hero and you guys were right all along?

Ducasse was drafted as the RT heir apparent. FAIL. He was drafted as a developmental player. FAIL. It took him 3 and change years for Jets fans to see ONE good game, not even great game, just a good game. FAIL. Will he EVER have another good game? FAIL.

It's time for the Jets to cut bait with Ducasse and get him off the books. He is way too inconsistent for him to keep his job with the NYJ.

The only reason why he kept his job through TC was because Brian Winters suffered through injuries during TC and into the season. And now you guys try to come on this board and act as though you were always so right and we are all a bunch of SOJF's? Get a f*cking clue.

It's about RESULTS, something we have NEVER seen from Ducasse. And those are the facts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Ducasse played EXCELLENT tonight and honestly I am shocked. I never thought he would get there. He's had BUST written all over him ever since he was drafted.

But what's not being mentioned here is WHY did this take him so long? I mean after all, he was drafted in 2010 for Christ sake. NOW, on September 13, 2013 he is suddenly having his FIRST good game? So it takes him 3 and change years to have one good game? And now we get to deal with you meatheads coming out and defending him like he's some sort of hero and you guys were right all along?

Ducasse was drafted as the RT heir apparent. FAIL. He was drafted as a developmental player. FAIL. It took him 3 and change years for Jets fans to see ONE good game, not even great game, just a good game. FAIL. Will he EVER have another good game? FAIL.

It's time for the Jets to cut bait with Ducasse and get him off the books. He is way too inconsistent for him to keep his job with the NYJ.

The only reason why he kept his job through TC was because Brian Winters suffered through injuries during TC and into the season. And now you guys try to come on this board and act as though you were always so right and we are all a bunch of SOJF's? Get a f*cking clue.

It's about RESULTS, something we have NEVER seen from Ducasse. And those are the facts.
    Yeah just when a guy finally starts to develop and shows signs of why he was taken so high in the draft is the best time to cut him.....when a guy settles in as a fine left guard and is coming off his best performance yet

Nope you would rather not give him any more chances in a rebuilding year to prove himself as the longterm solution at lg?????

And its others who need to get a clue

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Some ignorant Maine poster should look back and see how long it took Kareem McKenzie to start playing RT for the Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

wow dude, this post reeks of not wanting to admit that you were wrong...man up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Kinda cool that DBrick got booted
    Not gonna be cool when he gets suspended for next week's game. Imaging what the o-line looks loke after losing Brick and Colon to suspensions.

(I liked seeing some fire from Brick 4 a change too, but we don't need it when the game is over)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Yeah just when a guy finally starts to develop and shows signs of why he was taken so high in the draft is the best time to cut him.....when a guy settles in as a fine left guard and is coming off his best performance yet

Nope you would rather not give him any more chances in a rebuilding year to prove himself as the longterm solution at lg?????

And its others who need to get a clue
    If he's going to actually do his job and play well ONCE every 3 or so seasons? Yeah, you can bet your A$$ I will want him gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post
    Not gonna be cool when he gets suspended for next week's game. Imaging what the o-line looks loke after losing Brick and Colon to suspensions.

(I liked seeing some fire from Brick 4 a change too, but we don't need it when the game is over)
    This is the Nfl, and isn't the Nba. Neither player is going to get suspended for this. Both will get fined heavily but didn't do enough to warrant an suspension

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's going to actually do his job and play well ONCE every 3 or so seasons? Yeah, you can bet your A$$ I will want him gone.
    You're approaching trolldom on this one Maine. Please just stop it.
    Last edited by LIJetsFan; 09-13-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Some ignorant Maine poster should look back and see how long it took Kareem McKenzie to start playing RT for the Jets
    First of all, Kareem McKenzie was drafted as a RT and actually became a very good RT, cannot say the same about Ducasse. McKenzie rose to the job astronomically quicker than Ducasse has to his numerous job tryouts. RT, RG, LG for one team. And WHO was the OL that was depth for us that Ducasse got killed and caused him to be out for the season after being beaten like a turnstile in a Texans preseason game?

So NOW, one good game actually occurs (admittedly shocked and so are all of you stroke jobs) and you guys are the voice of righteousness?!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ducasse was the least of our problems in this game. He was mauling people out there, especially Wilfork which just never happens.

The WRs (mainly Gates) and the offensive playcalling that under-used the effective running game were the biggest culprits in the loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post

If a player is thrown out of the game he does not face suspension per the announcers last night

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While we are on the subject of the ejections, how much of an ass is Belichick for bleating to the refs insisting that Brick and Big Willie had to leave the bench and go to the locker room?

Yes, I know that's the rule, but the Pats had the game won are were one kneel-down away from ending the game. And there's Belicheat, in the side judge's ear, insisting that Brick and Willie run the gauntlet of hate to the locker room before the play is run.

What a worm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some players (especially 2nd round picks) do take 2 years to develop when you consider Ducasse was a project to start, 2 years is simply not unusual.

It's really like Jets fans assume every player develops immediately. This is why you wait three to four years to grade a draft, because players develop at different rates. Wrs are a great example of this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    despite all the hate Ducasse played well tonight and dominated Wilfat! Maybe the light has finally come on, but gotta give credit where credit is due