Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FWIW... This loss is on Geno, and it won't be the last, BUT.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    If Geno plays with this demeanor, the Jets will be alright. Brady wasn't any better and won by only 3 pts at home vs. a rookie QB ...in his 1st road start...against a division foe...on a short week
    If you switch Brady and geno, the jets win 50-0. You think the jets wrs and rbs are bad, what the hell are the pats? The problem is, the offense has no fluidity with geno running it because the game is too fast for him. He doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency. The two timeouts in the second half were killer. Cost the jets a possession. The first two ints were simply bad throws. That is no exactly something you just fix. His accuracy was bad all game. He was behind receivers, too far in front. Then , the receivers did nothing but make the problem worse because they can't catch a cold. Face it, with any recivers, the pats win bt 30 points, with any qb, the jets win by 10.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Please tell us why Suckchez would have won this game. I am at a loss after seeing his inept play for the past two years. How did Sucky's first game in Foxboro go when he was a rookie?
    The offense had a fluidity and rhythm in the preseason with Sanchez running it. He made some mistakes, but he also moved the ball and they out it in the end zone. I don't see the offense in a rhythm or have a sense of urgency. The o is slow because they are waiting on the qb. He is slow getting out of the huddle, he is slow getting the ball out of his hands, he is slow on his reads. None of that is good for a WC offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell us why Suckchez would have won this game. I am at a loss after seeing his inept play for the past two years. How did Sucky's first game in Foxboro go when he was a rookie?
    There is no why or how. It is just a belief based on some his best games coming in NE. AGAIN I didn't say he should be the starter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thing about those picks, is that they came after all the drops. if the jets wrs could hold onto some of those, they would have different field position and geno would not necessarily have had to force throws. i felt in the 4th quarter he was pressing b/c the guys around him were failing him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Geno played a solid first 3 quarters, a good 3rd quarter, then lost it in the 4th. To me the speed of the game and maybe over thinking about the "looks" Belichick was going to give him hurt him the most, it showed in the 1st quarter. I think he learned tonight that he can't think too much, he needs to trust his reads and execute a step faster, he was behind on his execution and passes.

To me, he will improve a lot as the game slows down for him. I'm not even upset at Genos performance, he's a rookie, a divisional game on the road, I thought he did pretty good until the 4th quarter, the INT inside the 25 being the biggest.

The INT's weren't careless mistakes, they were simply poor throws and poor execution, he will improve on that and his timing as he settles down.

I think he makes a jump once the game slows down a little bit, a lot to build on. His receivers didn't help him at all and he missed Kerley.
    The INT on the pass intended for Holmes was careless. He threw into double coverage because he waited too long to release the ball.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious. How old are you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The INT on the pass intended for Holmes was careless. He threw into double coverage because he waited too long to release the ball.
    it wasn't properly placed, he threw it a tad behind him, the defender tipped it and another guy caught it. at least it's a decision he should learn from.

the main difference between geno and sanchez in terms of throwing, is that most of geno's passes actually hit guys where they can make a reasonable catch. that replay of gates dropping a nice ball with 2 guys draped on him, it bounced right off his chest. same with spadola. there was a pass that hit holmes on the ground, after he fell, but it was there. in only his 2nd game, i actually have confidence he's going to put the ball in a good spot most of the time. he's clearly learning on the job.

it's got to be frustrating for geno, i imagine he'd prefer to have his west virginia wrs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    The offense had a fluidity and rhythm in the preseason with Sanchez running it. He made some mistakes, but he also moved the ball and they out it in the end zone. I don't see the offense in a rhythm or have a sense of urgency. The o is slow because they are waiting on the qb. He is slow getting out of the huddle, he is slow getting the ball out of his hands, he is slow on his reads. None of that is good for a WC offense.
    Sucky did very well with second stringers until they hit him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it wasn't properly placed, he threw it a tad behind him, the defender tipped it and another guy caught it. at least it's a decision he should learn from.

the main difference between geno and sanchez in terms of throwing, is that most of geno's passes actually hit guys where they can make a reasonable catch. that replay of gates dropping a nice ball with 2 guys draped on him, it bounced right off his chest. same with spadola. there was a pass that hit holmes on the ground, after he fell, but it was there. in only his 2nd game, i actually have confidence he's going to put the ball in a good spot most of the time. he's clearly learning on the job.

it's got to be frustrating for geno, i imagine he'd prefer to have his west virginia wrs.
    Agreed. At some point your WRs need to make plays. Not every pass is going to right on your numbers. It has to be frustrating for Geno that even perfect throws are being dropped on a regular basis, let alone he doesnt get any help on those 50/50 balls that good receivers make plays on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. At some point your WRs need to make plays. Not every pass is going to right on your numbers. It has to be frustrating for Geno that even perfect throws are being dropped on a regular basis, let alone he doesnt get any help on those 50/50 balls that good receivers make plays on.
    those drops - and hill's fumble that led to NE's only td - completely changed the game and geno's approach. i felt he was pressing by the end which led to the picks, since he realized his wrs were unreliable. notice how the one pick he was trying to get it to holmes, who was the only wr catching last night. i don't think that was a coincidence.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    those drops - and hill's fumble that led to NE's only td - completely changed the game and geno's approach. i felt he was pressing by the end which led to the picks, since he realized his wrs were unreliable. notice how the one pick he was trying to get it to holmes, who was the only wr catching last night. i don't think that was a coincidence.
    I dont have a huge problem with the INT that was targeted at Holmes, it was just a bad throw, the decision was good, Holmes had a step but the ball was thrown a little behind him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont have a huge problem with the INT that was targeted at Holmes, it was just a bad throw, the decision was good, Holmes had a step but the ball was thrown a little behind him.
    also wonder how much the rain hurt accuracy. last night the announcers kept blaming everyone but brady as to why their offense was bad, but maybe brady was also affected by the rain.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I like about Geno is he still sounds confident even when admitting mistakes. He is going to develop but we just need to be patient. MM or Rex needs to help him more and when they see he is struggling then run the ball especially when it was working so well. I blame the 4th quarter on MM more than Geno.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't comparing him to Sanchez. I still think it was a careless throw because since he waited too long, had he led Holmes, the other DB (Talib I believe) would have had a shot at the INT before it was deflected. As it was, he got it on the deflection.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes had no chance on that ball.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can watch the replay, you'll see that Holmes was open but that Geno waited too long to release the ball. By that time Talib was coming over and had Geno led Holmes, Talib would have had an initial play on it.

Bottom line is, on that play, Geno waited too long, which is not careless. But then throwing it when he did was careless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If you can watch the replay, you'll see that Holmes was open but that Geno waited too long to release the ball. By that time Talib was coming over and had Geno led Holmes, Talib would have had an initial play on it.

Bottom line is, on that play, Geno waited too long, which is not careless. But then throwing it when he did was careless.
    just thought the ball was a bit behind him. and yeah, he's gonna hold onto the ball a bit for a while, which is expected of someone coming from a college offense. bottom line is, he made enough good throws to win that game, and when the wrs kept dropping them, he had to keep pressing, and in the rain at night in NE, if you keep throwing bad things will happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    That's right. Sanchez plays and we win this game. He has a better command of the offense and also would at least pump fake a few times and not, once again, STARE DOWN HIS RECEIVERS.
    You people are nuts! We know what we have with Sanchez. He sucks (and I'm truly one of the last guys off the bandwagon). Geno needs to play and he needs a little help as a rookie QB. Receivers are supposed to help the QB by making some of the tougher catches. We have guys who can't even make the elementary catches, never mind circus catches. The only guy last night who seemed into the game as a receiver was Holmes. Hill and Gates flat out sucked. If they catch 2/3s of the balls thrown to them (and Hill hold on to the one he fumbled) we're not having this discussion and instead we're talking about being 2-0 today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I keep reading is that Geno played ok but he was let down by his wr's who did their best impressions of the Venus De Milo. Many people are saying the Jets skill position players suck. Then I hear Mayock & Nessler basically tell us all game that poor Tom Brady was frustrated all game long because of all the weapons he lost on offense. Every incomplete pass was because either the ran the wrong route or Brady was just oh so smart in throwing the ball off target.

And the irony of it all was last year when Sanchez was horrible playing with Jason Hill, the indominatble Chaz Schillens , Clyde Gates and Mardy Gilyard it was all obviously Sanchez's fault.

When I argued you could put Brady on last years Jet team and he'd look average , everyone told me I was nuts and that he could carry a team and put them on his shoulders - he's Tom f'in Brady. Well last night just proved that no matter who the QB is , if you surround him with **** on Offense you'll likely get **** results. Plus Brady had the advantage of a real OC while the Jets last year had uncle Tony.

So go ahead flame me call me a Sanchez fanboy - whatever. Point is maybe all you haters will start to understand that a QB is one piece to the puzzle and no QB could carry a team with the **** the Jets had on O and on the sidelines last year.

Geno has a golden opportunity working with MM and Lee, he has a new GM that hopefully understands you need to have both an offense and defense to win in the NFL. Things are looking up , and if all else fails - just blame Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    All I keep reading is that Geno played ok but he was let down by his wr's who did their best impressions of the Venus De Milo. Many people are saying the Jets skill position players suck. Then I hear Mayock & Nessler basically tell us all game that poor Tom Brady was frustrated all game long because of all the weapons he lost on offense. Every incomplete pass was because either the ran the wrong route or Brady was just oh so smart in throwing the ball off target.

And the irony of it all was last year when Sanchez was horrible playing with Jason Hill, the indominatble Chaz Schillens , Clyde Gates and Mardy Gilyard it was all obviously Sanchez's fault.

When I argued you could put Brady on last years Jet team and he'd look average , everyone told me I was nuts and that he could carry a team and put them on his shoulders - he's Tom f'in Brady. Well last night just proved that no matter who the QB is , if you surround him with **** on Offense you'll likely get **** results. Plus Brady had the advantage of a real OC while the Jets last year had uncle Tony.

So go ahead flame me call me a Sanchez fanboy - whatever. Point is maybe all you haters will start to understand that a QB is one piece to the puzzle and no QB could carry a team with the **** the Jets had on O and on the sidelines last year.

Geno has a golden opportunity working with MM and Lee, he has a new GM that hopefully understands you need to have both an offense and defense to win in the NFL. Things are looking up , and if all else fails - just blame Sanchez.
    the pats have always had superior skill position players to the jets. last night was arguably the closest it's been. and in the 4th quarter the game was 3 points. both teams dropped balls and made mistakes. the difference was in the qb experience, brady didn't throw picks and geno did. hopefully over time geno will control those throws and the jets can get the fg or td. but it's hard to say that the jets would have won handily with brady, since the jets dropped so many key passes and geno didn't throw those picks until the end when it was a 3 pt game anyway.