Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Thread: FWIW... This loss is on Geno, and it won't be the last, BUT.....

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I guess your screen name tells me all I need to know, but Geno has to do a MUCH better job with his accuracy. Should NFL level receivers make catches on balls that aren't perfectly thrown? Yes, and many times they did. But Geno consistently throws behind his receivers, and not only does that lead to more difficult receptions, it also leads to TOs like we saw against the Giants/last night (when we could have tied it with a FG).

    If Geno continues to play like Sanchez (let's face it -- that's all he did last night), I'm willing to give him next year, hopefully with better weapons that are more likely to do something positive with the ball. However, even Jerry Rice can only do so much if the Qb can't put the ball where it needs to be . . .
    He threw that ball EXACTLY where it should have been thrown to Gates for that TD! Low where the defender had no shot. CATCH THE F*CKING BALL!

  2. #62
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree that the pick in the 1st half when we were in FG range was his worst play ... It took an almost certain 3 points off the board ... Situational awareness ... If something isn't wide open (especially late) do not throw it!

    Also agree by the 4th quarter those picks were cause he was pressing ... He should have overthrown if anything ... And after the 1st 4th Q pick then certainly make sure to not under throw the next one.

    WR's def sucked ... Outside of Holmes who played fair.

    Kudos to the kid for shouldering the blame after.

    I've loved MM' moves since coming here ... Agree however that he made a mistake not featuring more run plays ... That we're being successful ... Especially when the conditions got worse & Geno started to press.

    A nice effort by the D ... They did get burned bad on that 1st td ... And lucked out later in the game as many times our DB's were beat by the NE wr's dropping perfect throws bailed us out.

  3. #63
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    He threw that ball EXACTLY where it should have been thrown to Gates for that TD! Low where the defender had no shot. CATCH THE F*CKING BALL!
    That toss to Gates was a perfect throw

  4. #64
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    All I keep reading is that Geno played ok but he was let down by his wr's who did their best impressions of the Venus De Milo. Many people are saying the Jets skill position players suck. Then I hear Mayock & Nessler basically tell us all game that poor Tom Brady was frustrated all game long because of all the weapons he lost on offense. Every incomplete pass was because either the ran the wrong route or Brady was just oh so smart in throwing the ball off target.

    And the irony of it all was last year when Sanchez was horrible playing with Jason Hill, the indominatble Chaz Schillens , Clyde Gates and Mardy Gilyard it was all obviously Sanchez's fault.

    When I argued you could put Brady on last years Jet team and he'd look average , everyone told me I was nuts and that he could carry a team and put them on his shoulders - he's Tom f'in Brady. Well last night just proved that no matter who the QB is , if you surround him with **** on Offense you'll likely get **** results. Plus Brady had the advantage of a real OC while the Jets last year had uncle Tony.

    So go ahead flame me call me a Sanchez fanboy - whatever. Point is maybe all you haters will start to understand that a QB is one piece to the puzzle and no QB could carry a team with the **** the Jets had on O and on the sidelines last year.

    Geno has a golden opportunity working with MM and Lee, he has a new GM that hopefully understands you need to have both an offense and defense to win in the NFL. Things are looking up , and if all else fails - just blame Sanchez.
    This is worth repeating. Until we find qualty WR's, the Jets will always struggle on offense.
    I don't care what anyone thinks but if Sanchez was in there, we win this one. I felt he had better command of the offense in preseason, and at this point he can identify the correct read much quicker than Geno can currently. I also feel that Mark has a much quicker trigger finger than Geno. Sure it might lead to interceptions (this offense is much different than Sparano's..lol so who knows), but guaranteed the offense will move the down ball the field and have more YAC.
    Blah Blah Blah can't throw screens...yada yada yada. If you watch the screen plays last night, the throws were almost lasers to the RB's. Last year Greene couldn't catch a cold and the excuse was RB's need time to see the ball etc etc. a little high..dropped... to soon... dropped. And most of them came on third downs!
    One last comment. This game will be forgotten and Geno's completion % will be adversely affected by this game. The same thing happenned to Mark last year where all the game threads basically b1tched about guys dropping the ball, but at the end of the season the excuse was Mark's completion percentage is under 60%. Hell, I remember Hill dropping 4 catchable balls in one game, and at the end of the season some publication came out and he only dropped like 4 balls all season. What a joke!
    Last edited by FMJets; 09-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    This is worth repeating. Until we find qualty WR's, the Jets will always struggle on offense.
    I don't care what anyone thinks but if Sanchez was in there, we win this one.
    not sure how one could make this conclusion. geno had a td pass dropped as well as others that would have put them in scoring position. most of the picks came after all these drops, when geno got frustrated and started forcing it.

    if the wrs caught these passes the jets would probably have been ahead and could have employed more of a ball control, run out the clock offense.

  6. #66
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    the kid is a rookie and should learn from his mistakes.

    THAT is how you develop a young QB and games like this are the price you pay.

    Another FWIW statement is that he showed some promise out there even with WRs dropping balls on him.
    apparently you weren't watching this pathetic WR crew choke up game winning pass after game winning pass. Hill needs to be cut. At best Hill will only catch 50% of the balls that hit him in the hands. the rest will be dropped for game losing heart breaks

  7. #67
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    This is worth repeating. Until we find qualty WR's, the Jets will always struggle on offense.
    I don't care what anyone thinks but if Sanchez was in there, we win this one. I felt he had better command of the offense in preseason, and at this point he can identify the correct read much quicker than Geno can currently. I also feel that Mark has a much quicker trigger finger than Geno. Sure it might lead to interceptions (this offense is much different than Sparano's..lol so who knows), but guaranteed the offense will move the down ball the field and have more YAC.
    Blah Blah Blah can't throw screens...yada yada yada. If you watch the screen plays last night, the throws were almost lasers to the RB's. Last year Greene couldn't catch a cold and the excuse was RB's need time to see the ball etc etc. a little high..dropped... to soon... dropped. And most of them came on third downs!
    One last comment. This game will be forgotten and Geno's completion % will be adversely affected by this game. The same thing happenned to Mark last year where all the game threads basically b1tched about guys dropping the ball, but at the end of the season the excuse was Mark's completion percentage is under 60%. Hell, I remember Hill dropping 4 catchable balls in one game, and at the end of the season some publication came out and he only dropped like 4 balls all season. What a joke!
    Just stop. He sucks, he's damaged goods and he's never going to play for the Jets again.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    apparently you weren't watching this pathetic WR crew choke up game winning pass after game winning pass. Hill needs to be cut. At best Hill will only catch 50% of the balls that hit him in the hands. the rest will be dropped for game losing heart breaks
    there's a reason most analysts said the jets had the worst skill positions in the nfl.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    The big thing I think he needs to learn is that an accurate pass in the college ranks is not an accurate pass in the pros. He throws the ball for the most part very accurately to the receiver. He needs to learn that an accurate pass in the NFL needs to lead the receiver and be thrown where only he can catch it. I think some of this is because he does not fully have the trust that his receivers will make the play but this is where he needs to improve.

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    This isn't the time for him to learn we are trying to make the playoffs ffs. If he has another game like that next week it's time to sit him and maybe give some veteran a shot to manage the game and not lose it. When the season is done with and were out of the playoff hunt we can throw him back in there and he'll learn but not now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Some veteran? Who? Sanchez is hurt and we don't have a veteran. Unless of course you're referring to the proven "veteran" Brady Quinn? Come on.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Some veteran? Who? Sanchez is hurt and we don't have a veteran. Unless of course you're referring to the proven "veteran" Brady Quinn? Come on.
    Think free agents . I know we don't have a real
    Vet on our roster right now but there are some free agents left


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

  12. #72
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    All I keep reading is that Geno played ok but he was let down by his wr's who did their best impressions of the Venus De Milo. Many people are saying the Jets skill position players suck. Then I hear Mayock & Nessler basically tell us all game that poor Tom Brady was frustrated all game long because of all the weapons he lost on offense. Every incomplete pass was because either the ran the wrong route or Brady was just oh so smart in throwing the ball off target.

    And the irony of it all was last year when Sanchez was horrible playing with Jason Hill, the indominatble Chaz Schillens , Clyde Gates and Mardy Gilyard it was all obviously Sanchez's fault.

    When I argued you could put Brady on last years Jet team and he'd look average , everyone told me I was nuts and that he could carry a team and put them on his shoulders - he's Tom f'in Brady. Well last night just proved that no matter who the QB is , if you surround him with **** on Offense you'll likely get **** results. Plus Brady had the advantage of a real OC while the Jets last year had uncle Tony.

    So go ahead flame me call me a Sanchez fanboy - whatever. Point is maybe all you haters will start to understand that a QB is one piece to the puzzle and no QB could carry a team with the **** the Jets had on O and on the sidelines last year.

    Geno has a golden opportunity working with MM and Lee, he has a new GM that hopefully understands you need to have both an offense and defense to win in the NFL. Things are looking up , and if all else fails - just blame Sanchez.
    Excellent points..

  13. #73
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    And if Geno throws the ball on target half those drops don't exist.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I disagree, yes Geno made some bad throws, so did Brady and so does every QB out there. Geno also made some great throws that just flat out bounced off the receivers chests and went to the ground. Bottom line, when the QB throws bad throws you have to come up with a few, when he throws them and the ball is hitting you on the hands, a little behind, a little low, a little high, you have to come up with more than half, when a QB puts it on your chest, you better catch it every time. Our receivers flat out suck, SUCK!!!!!!!!

    Any one that thinks our receivers supported Geno at all last night should go back and re-watch the game. I am not a huge supporter of Geno, but you can’t put this on his shoulders, he is a rookie and he is going to make mistakes, you gave to catch the ball. Gates should never have even bobbled the touchdown pass to even have made it a question, low or not, any good receiver catches that 99 of 100 times. Gates was a big cause, dropped 3rd down passes right in the gut. F--king pathetic, now I’m getting pissed, I have to end this.

    Catch half the balls that hit the receivers in the hands and the three interceptions don't matter, we win the fu--ing game, or at least tie it.
    Last edited by leftturn3; 09-13-2013 at 02:47 PM.

  14. #74
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    All I keep reading is that Geno played ok but he was let down by his wr's who did their best impressions of the Venus De Milo. Many people are saying the Jets skill position players suck. Then I hear Mayock & Nessler basically tell us all game that poor Tom Brady was frustrated all game long because of all the weapons he lost on offense. Every incomplete pass was because either the ran the wrong route or Brady was just oh so smart in throwing the ball off target.

    And the irony of it all was last year when Sanchez was horrible playing with Jason Hill, the indominatble Chaz Schillens , Clyde Gates and Mardy Gilyard it was all obviously Sanchez's fault.

    When I argued you could put Brady on last years Jet team and he'd look average , everyone told me I was nuts and that he could carry a team and put them on his shoulders - he's Tom f'in Brady. Well last night just proved that no matter who the QB is , if you surround him with **** on Offense you'll likely get **** results. Plus Brady had the advantage of a real OC while the Jets last year had uncle Tony.

    So go ahead flame me call me a Sanchez fanboy - whatever. Point is maybe all you haters will start to understand that a QB is one piece to the puzzle and no QB could carry a team with the **** the Jets had on O and on the sidelines last year.

    Geno has a golden opportunity working with MM and Lee, he has a new GM that hopefully understands you need to have both an offense and defense to win in the NFL. Things are looking up , and if all else fails - just blame Sanchez.
    I was also a Sanchez defender, but there is one big difference. Geno imploded as a rookie, Sanchez imploded as a veteran. There are things Geno did that could have helped his team win, despite the mistakes by Gates etc.., Its excusable because its his second game, on the road in Foxboro working on short rest and in the rain.

    If you can't distinguish between where Geno is at in his career and where Sanchez was last year and the expectations levels, well I am sorry you just don't get it. If Geno is still doing this in year 4, this entire board will want him off the team also.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Think free agents . I know we don't have a real
    Vet on our roster right now but there are some free agents left


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I'm asking honestly, who do you have in mind? I can't think of any FA's outside Quinn, Harrel. Jamarcus Russell? Vince Young?

  16. #76
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm asking honestly, who do you have in mind? I can't think of any FA's outside Quinn, Harrel. Jamarcus Russell? Vince Young?
    I don't have a list but there has to be somebody left. Vince young is probably even an upgrade over Sanchez so why not him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

  17. #77
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grantham, PA
    Posts
    446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno's INT were horrible. But the loss on on the OC. That was a horribly called game when Ivory was running right through the defense. No wonder Leshon Johnson had like 160 yds last week.

  18. #78
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I was also a Sanchez defender, but there is one big difference. Geno imploded as a rookie, Sanchez imploded as a veteran. There are things Geno did that could have helped his team win, despite the mistakes by Gates etc.., Its excusable because its his second game, on the road in Foxboro working on short rest and in the rain.

    If you can't distinguish between where Geno is at in his career and where Sanchez was last year and the expectations levels, well I am sorry you just don't get it. If Geno is still doing this in year 4, this entire board will want him off the team also.
    I didn't make it a point to compare Geno vs Sanchez. My point was that there's many saying our skill players suck and that you can't blame the QB for that, but last year these same people laid all the blame on Sanchez when he had even worse skill players and a complete moron for an OC.

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Geno's INT were horrible. But the loss on on the OC. That was a horribly called game when Ivory was running right through the defense. No wonder Leshon Johnson had like 160 yds last week.
    MM's gameplan is to primarily pass the football. There were more than enough plays out there to be made in the passing game that were either dropped or missed by our QB that could have made a big difference in the game.

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were laying the blame on Sanchez for the constant **** ups that.he could control, NOT for the receivers screwing up. When they messed up, they were blamed. When Mark messed up, he was blamed. Quit with this revisionist history where people were blaming Mark for the economy, their car breaking down, and burning their breakfast.

    ****ing Pick 6ers...

    #yoloswag

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us