Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FWIW... This loss is on Geno, and it won't be the last, BUT.....

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    All I keep reading is that Geno played ok but he was let down by his wr's who did their best impressions of the Venus De Milo. Many people are saying the Jets skill position players suck. Then I hear Mayock & Nessler basically tell us all game that poor Tom Brady was frustrated all game long because of all the weapons he lost on offense. Every incomplete pass was because either the ran the wrong route or Brady was just oh so smart in throwing the ball off target.

And the irony of it all was last year when Sanchez was horrible playing with Jason Hill, the indominatble Chaz Schillens , Clyde Gates and Mardy Gilyard it was all obviously Sanchez's fault.

When I argued you could put Brady on last years Jet team and he'd look average , everyone told me I was nuts and that he could carry a team and put them on his shoulders - he's Tom f'in Brady. Well last night just proved that no matter who the QB is , if you surround him with **** on Offense you'll likely get **** results. Plus Brady had the advantage of a real OC while the Jets last year had uncle Tony.

So go ahead flame me call me a Sanchez fanboy - whatever. Point is maybe all you haters will start to understand that a QB is one piece to the puzzle and no QB could carry a team with the **** the Jets had on O and on the sidelines last year.

Geno has a golden opportunity working with MM and Lee, he has a new GM that hopefully understands you need to have both an offense and defense to win in the NFL. Things are looking up , and if all else fails - just blame Sanchez.

You are completely ignoring the difference in the style and complexity of the offense. EVERYTHING the Pats do is based on Option routes. Brady and the WRs have to see things the same way and be on the same page for their offense to work. Sparano's suck assed offense last year, and even MM's offense this year are different in that the routes are predetermined.

Sanchez sucks because even when he knows where the receiver is going, and even if/when the receiver runs the correct route, Sanchez can't hit them with any regularity. Then we can look at the fact that Sanchez cant even throw a freaking check down or screen pass without it being intercepted half the time.

Sanchez's problems run a hell of a lot deeper than just having no one to throw to. And no, he wouldn't have won that game last night. He would have found someone else's ass to run into. Or would have been strip sacked for another TD. Or would have thrown the same interceptions.

Sanchez would have compounded a mistake with another mistake. There's a REASON why he was ranked lower than 32nd amongst QBs.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Not allowing your young and inexperienced QB to make mistakes and develop is the kind of thing that leads to you having someone like Mark Sanchez as your starting QB with a big fat cap hit.
    THIS!!!!!

Repeat and Rinse!!!

YOUNG QBS ARE GOING TO MAKE MISAKES!!!!!!

Come on people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They were laying the blame on Sanchez for the constant **** ups that.he could control, NOT for the receivers screwing up. When they messed up, they were blamed. When Mark messed up, he was blamed. Quit with this revisionist history where people were blaming Mark for the economy, their car breaking down, and burning their breakfast.

****ing Pick 6ers...

#yoloswag
    Complete and utter BS , Sanchez was the scapegoat for everything that happened last year - why ?? Its because of 1 inconsequential play in a blowout loss to NE. The media ran with it and the lemmings known as Jets fans fell lockstep right behind them.
    After that play it didn't matter what he did the fans were "so embarrased" that they needed to get rid of him like a case of teen acne or a wart on a supermodel.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Complete and utter BS , Sanchez was the scapegoat for everything that happened last year - why ?? Its because of 1 inconsequential play in a blowout loss to NE. The media ran with it and the lemmings known as Jets fans fell lockstep right behind them.
    After that play it didn't matter what he did the fans were "so embarrased" that they needed to get rid of him like a case of teen acne or a wart on a supermodel.
    I seem to recall a boneheaded interception near the goal line against Seattle that was rightly held against him. You remember? The pump fake twice, ignore open receivers, pump fake against just to be sure that you draw the defender over to the receiver THEN try to throw the ball to that receiver?

****, it would take too long to relive all the mistakes he made last year. The Buttfumble was basically icing on the cake.

the kid is a rookie and should learn from his mistakes.

THAT is how you develop a young QB and games like this are the price you pay.

Another FWIW statement is that he showed some promise out there even with WRs dropping balls on him.
    This loss is not on Geno, it's on gates and Hill...C'mon, man

Jets Insider VIP
    the kid is a rookie and should learn from his mistakes.

THAT is how you develop a young QB and games like this are the price you pay.

Another FWIW statement is that he showed some promise out there even with WRs dropping balls on him.
    Geno's pass to Gates in 1st quarter that he he screwed up in EZ was on Gates not Geno. Geno is not the problem. His pass was perfect. He catches the ball and we have a different game.