Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Has Clyde gates been cut yet?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Clyde gates been cut yet?

Seriously!
    Does this guy EVER cleanly catch a ball in a real game?
    Oh yea, he had that catch vs Bucs along the sideline where he came up lame & without a defender in site.
    What the hell is our fascination with this guy?

I'd rather just go with Spadola, even though he let one clank off his chest too.
    Anyone but Gates, my new mantra.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Seriously!
    Oh yea, he had that catch vs Bucs along the sideline where he came up lame & without a defender in site.

I'd rather just go with Spadola, even though he let one clank off his chest too.
    I kind of agree. The guy can fly, but he is just not a receiver in this league. Maybe keep him for special teams IDK

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And in camp and Pre-season there was so much promis, but I can safely say he pretty much had a major hand in costing us the game last night. Geno did throw three interceptions, but Gates comes threw with half the balls that are soundly on his hands, or on his chest while flying down fld towards the end zone with the defender beat, and we at min tie that game. Gates sucks, we cut Edwards for this douche, I know, there not the same type receivers, just saying.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    if Kerley would have been healthy he would have been the target for most of this passes and probably catch most of them

that's the hidden reason we lost this game

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Braylon may be getting old, but he can catch a tough pass when it counts and goes to war against the Pats. At least better than some of these scrubs dropping everything.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you guys are overreacting. Yes he had some drops, but most of the throws were not exactly hitting him in stride and it was raining. He has great speed, something no other receiver on the team has, and he got behind the defense consistently. That helps open up the underneath game that Kerley is perfect for and the running game as well. He will be fine, wait until Geno gets comfortable to just fire it downfield and hits him in stride a few times. Braylon dropped plenty of balls too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep hearing about Braylon.I loved the guy, but he's hurt,and has been for the most part for the last three years.Its over,sadly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's no David Clowney.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    if Kerley would have been healthy he would have been the target for most of this passes and probably catch most of them

that's the hidden reason we lost this game
    I firmly believe the Jets win this game if Kerley is in taking most of Gates' snaps.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Seriously!

+100000000

Bring back Braylon