Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FWIW... This loss is on Geno, and it won't be the last, BUT.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    If our receivers held onto the ball a few more times we win by 10 PTs.Please,place the blame where it belongs.If Gates catches that ball in the end zone,we win,period.And it wasn't a difficult catch for an NFL wideout,which Gates isn't.
    If you want to put it that way then we would have been blown out if the Pats wrs held onto the ball a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    And if Geno throws the ball on target half those drops don't exist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Brady didn't look all that much better. Bad weather, WR's falling down, dropped passes, and way too many passing play calls...
    If the Jets simply ran the ball more, they win this game. The offense became extremely predictable IMO. A pass on first down for no yards, run on 2nd for 3-4 yards... 3rd and 6-7 yards to go... Our OC does a nice job in crafting plays but...

Geno threw 35 passes, and dropped back to pass 45+ times in poor weather conditions. Terrible...

MM needs to do a better job protecting our young QB.

Geno has talent, for 3 qtrs he was the best offensive player on the Jets.

This loss doesn't rest on his shoulders.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 09-13-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

You just keep telling yourself that . . .

Veteran
    Geno played fine for three quarters. He is a rookie playing a rain game on a short week and ended up with a similar completion percentage to Brady.

For comparison sake, Mark Sanchez went 8 for 21 with 4 interceptions in his first game at New England.

On the positive side, the defense played great. Jets should be in most games this year. If they can minimize the turnovers, they'll be fine. The just need to beat Buffalo and Tenn and get to 3-1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Brady didn't look all that much better. Bad weather, WR's falling down, dropped passes, and way too many passing play calls...
    If the Jets simply ran the ball more, they win this game. The offense became extremely predictable IMO. A pass on first down for no yards, run on 2nd for 3-4 yards... 3rd and 6-7 yards to go... Our OC does a nice job in crafting plays but...

Geno threw 35 passes, and dropped back to pass 45+ times in poor weather conditions. Terrible...

MM needs to do a better job protecting our young QB.

Geno played ok but some of the blame is on him. I was happy that eh was throwing the ball away when he needed to most of the game but that int in FG range behind Holmes was a pass that never should have been thrown. That was his worst play of the game. We were set to tie it up and he blew it. He has a lot to work with. There were some really good things that he did but he definitely should shoulder some of the blame.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    People will flip out, but I thought he did some good things. Definitely needs to get the ball out quicker, though.

#yoloswag
    Yes he does and it will come with time. He stood tall in the face of adversity and NEVER sulked on the sideleines after a mistake he made. he came back and tried to win the game. In time he will be a winner! Now we face BUFFALO and it should be a great game. Manuel vs Geno. Bring it on! People must remember that this was a road game for a rookie QB with only 3 days between games. He did not embarass us and gave us a shot to win in the last few minutes of the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Geno played ok but some of the blame is on him. I was happy that eh was throwing the ball away when he needed to most of the game but that int in FG range behind Holmes was a pass that never should have been thrown. That was his worst play of the game. We were set to tie it up and he blew it. He has a lot to work with. There were some really good things that he did but he definitely should shoulder some of the blame.
    absolutely. He made no excuse after the game. You just know he will improve in time. This kid will study for the next week + and be ready for Buffalo! That is a game we will win!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Geno played a solid first 3 quarters, a good 3rd quarter, then lost it in the 4th. To me the speed of the game and maybe over thinking about the "looks" Belichick was going to give him hurt him the most, it showed in the 1st quarter. I think he learned tonight that he can't think too much, he needs to trust his reads and execute a step faster, he was behind on his execution and passes.

To me, he will improve a lot as the game slows down for him. I'm not even upset at Genos performance, he's a rookie, a divisional game on the road, I thought he did pretty good until the 4th quarter, the INT inside the 25 being the biggest.

The INT's weren't careless mistakes, they were simply poor throws and poor execution, he will improve on that and his timing as he settles down.

I think he makes a jump once the game slows down a little bit, a lot to build on. His receivers didn't help him at all and he missed Kerley.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    You just keep telling yourself that . . .
    Go ahead give up on our rookie qb after game 2... Maybe we can draft another qb next year and let him play 3 games before declaring him a failure. Then we can get Sanchez back.. YES!!!

Go ahead give up on our rookie qb after game 2... Maybe we can draft another qb next year and let him play 3 games before declaring him a failure. Then we can get Sanchez back.. YES!!!
    That's right. Sanchez plays and we win this game. He has a better command of the offense and also would at least pump fake a few times and not, once again, STARE DOWN HIS RECEIVERS.

If Geno plays with this demeanor, the Jets will be alright. Brady wasn't any better and won by only 3 pts at home vs. a rookie QB ...in his 1st road start...against a division foe...on a short week

Rookie
    I'm pleased with Geno so far considering all the circumstances. The NFL does not appear to be too big for him. There will be ups and downs for a while - but I think we have a keeper...

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    That's right. Sanchez plays and we win this game. He has a better command of the offense and also would at least pump fake a few times and not, once again, STARE DOWN HIS RECEIVERS.
    Really? MS the QB that throws screen passes on at 1:1:1 ratio complete/incomplete/interception. This offense is too quick thinking for MS. Geno may become a faster thinking QB once he learns more but if you can't pass basic math you won't be a Quantitive Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    If Geno plays with this demeanor, the Jets will be alright. Brady wasn't any better and won by only 3 pts at home vs. a rookie QB ...in his 1st road start...against a division foe...on a short week
    How many INTs did Brady throw? Yeah okay...

All League
    that game should have been won in the first 3 qtrs.....geno would not have had to press so hard in the 4th.....that game was lost by.....hill, gates, spadola, holmes, winslow, cumberland etc......they ALL SUCK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Really? MS the QB that throws screen passes on at 1:1:1 ratio complete/incomplete/interception. This offense is too quick thinking for MS. Geno may become a faster thinking QB once he learns more but if you can't pass basic math you won't be a Quantitive Analyst
    I also believe Sanchez wins this game. His best games were in NE. Doesn't mean he should be our starter but I think he wins this game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    the kid is a rookie and should learn from his mistakes.

THAT is how you develop a young QB and games like this are the price you pay.

Another FWIW statement is that he showed some promise out there even with WRs dropping balls on him.
    GTFO...GFY!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Geno played a solid first 3 quarters, a good 3rd quarter, then lost it in the 4th. To me the speed of the game and maybe over thinking about the "looks" Belichick was going to give him hurt him the most, it showed in the 1st quarter. I think he learned tonight that he can't think too much, he needs to trust his reads and execute a step faster, he was behind on his execution and passes.

To me, he will improve a lot as the game slows down for him. I'm not even upset at Genos performance, he's a rookie, a divisional game on the road, I thought he did pretty good until the 4th quarter, the INT inside the 25 being the biggest.

The INT's weren't careless mistakes, they were simply poor throws and poor execution, he will improve on that and his timing as he settles down.

I think he makes a jump once the game slows down a little bit, a lot to build on. His receivers didn't help him at all and he missed Kerley.
    I agree. The play calling was also very suspect.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I agree. The play calling was also very suspect.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post
    I also believe Sanchez wins this game. His best games were in NE. Doesn't mean he should be our starter but I think he wins this game.
    Please tell us why Suckchez would have won this game. I am at a loss after seeing his inept play for the past two years. How did Sucky's first game in Foxboro go when he was a rookie?