Thread: Colon and D'brickashaw

All League

Colon and D'brickashaw

After Colon threw down the official and D'brick throwing a punch, is there any possibility either or both could be suspended for a game? I sure hope not.

A side note, how come there wasn't a single flag thrown on a pats player during that scrum? Mangold, Colon, and D'brick penalties were definitely warranted, but I'm sure I saw a Pat or two throw a hand to the face. Not that it really matters.

All League
    They're both getting suspended for at least 1 game. Didn't see where Colon threw an official (I haven't watched the replay), but if he did, it might be more than one game.

It really hurts that the next game is BUF... they've got beef and speed on the D line and Geno is gonna be under fire all game if both Brick and Colon are out. Run Geno, RUN !!

P.S. I'm pretty sure I saw Brick throw at least 3 punches.

Agree at least one game for both. Maybe more for DF he threw a few punches

Hall Of Fame
    I think there is a chance that Colon gets suspended. Incredibly stupid to hit an official. No excuse. The official was in front of him and he saw him.

I saw Colon push the official, it wasn't malicious, the official was trying to hold him back and he was trying to get away. That said, it was something you don't do, and something he will likely be suspended for. I'm not sure Brick gets suspended for one punch, although the fact that the ejection was only 38 seconds doesn't help his case. The league doesn't want players to think they can have ejection worthy penalties at the end of the game. We'll see.

All Pro
    Suspensions are gonna hurt, but it was kinda nice to see a bit of fire from Brick. Sometimes, he seems so laid back he's practically horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    They're both getting suspended for at least 1 game. Didn't see where Colon threw an official (I haven't watched the replay), but if he did, it might be more than one game.

It really hurts that the next game is BUF... they've got beef and speed on the D line and Geno is gonna be under fire all game if both Brick and Colon are out. Run Geno, RUN !!

P.S. I'm pretty sure I saw Brick throw at least 3 punches.
    I think Colon tossed an official out of the way en route to the scrum. In some replays, you can see Willie run by and an official picking himself up off the ground whilst tossing a flag.

EDIT: At the 0:35 mark.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-in-jets-loss
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 09-13-2013 at 08:11 AM.

All League
    yeah, colon throwing the official wasn't malicious but it also wasn't like he accidentally pushed him. he moved him out of the way to get to the scrum but ended up throwing him to the ground. it was pretty bad.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    I think Colon tossed an official out of the way en route to the scrum. In some replays, you can see Willie run by and an official picking himself up off the ground whilst tossing a flag.
    Thanks for pointing out it was on the way to the fight. I didn't see anywhere in the actual fight where an official was knocked down. Now I want to see what happened on a replay.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Thanks for pointing out it was on the way to the fight. I didn't see anywhere in the actual fight where an official was knocked down. Now I want to see what happened on a replay.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0..._hp_ref=sports

35 seconds in you see colon toss the official.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0..._hp_ref=sports

35 seconds in you see colon toss the official.
    Thanks for the link. Now I see it. Damn.

Colon will probably get suspended. I don't think Brick or Nick will be, though. BTW, if you look closely, you'll see all of this could've been avoided if Belichick didn't instigate the whole thing by getting in Mangold's face. Never seen a coach charge at a player like that.

Banned
    Were these guys listening when Rex said to punch BB in the face and not the refs?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Were these guys listening when Rex said to punch BB in the face and not the refs?
    LOL. Poor execution of the gameplan again.

All Pro
    I think we will be without both Colon and Brick against Buff. If so, its gonna be ugly against that D-Line.