Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we talk about the Mangold late hit?

Can we talk about the Mangold late hit?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-in-jets-loss

(Other than the fact the ball was completely underthrown).

I'm sayin, Mangold is not a dirty player. Sucks it happened but Mangold doesn't seem like the type.

Twinkle Toes was too busy dancin around inbounds, toying with the notion to just go down and call it a game but never did. So, he re-directs out of bounds, still dancing around where Mangold takes it upon himself to put an end to the f--kery. By the time he launched all 300+ lbs, Talib decides to pirouette OB where Mangold lands.

Penalties, fines and possible suspensions will ensue.

/endrant

All League
    I don't think Mangold gets suspended. He launched before Talib went out of bounds. He's definitely getting fined though.

How crazy would it be if Mangold, Brick and Colon get suspended. The Bad News Jets !!

All League
    I think Mangold is just a poor tackler. To me, it looks like he dove at Talib before he stepped out, but then Talib took a step back but Mangold was already diving at him.

I really hope Mangold isn't suspended. Pretty sure Colon will get a game, and after watching the video again, looks like D'brick threw way more than 1 punch.

All Pro
    Can Jets pull an A-Rod and try to put off the suspension? I wonder if they can suspend more than one player on same side of ball for same game. Maybe Brick get Buffalo and Colon gets week after?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post

I'm sayin, Mangold is not a dirty player. Sucks it happened but Mangold doesn't seem like the type.

Twinkle Toes was too busy dancin around inbounds, toying with the notion to just go down and call it a game but never did. So, he re-directs out of bounds, still dancing around where Mangold takes it upon himself to put an end to the f--kery. By the time he launched all 300+ lbs, Talib decides to pirouette OB where Mangold lands.

/endrant
    He will get fined but no way he'll get suspended. If someone hit our player like that would you lobby for a suspension?

No way Mangold gets suspended. Dude has no track record of dirty play. Maybe a fine.

Willie will likely serve time.

Still irks me that after a melee like that the only one penalized were in green. How the **** is that. Golden rule is you retaliate and you get flagged. Belli deserves some responsibility for screaming like a Brady ***** and fueling the fire for retaliation.

When is the last time you've seen any kind of Dustup like that in a game and 3 players from one team are penalized/ejected but not a single player from the other side flagged?

Typical NFL/Kraft/Pats bull****. Nothing new. Might as well make the "GFY Espn, NFL, Media" thread a sticky. **** em all.

I should clarify, the late hit triggered actions that could lead to more fines and possible suspensions from other players (not Mangold).

Mangold will def be fined but not suspended.

If Mangold had a track record of being a dirty player, I think he'd be suspended. If he were Suh, he'd maybe be suspended multiple games.

I love Mangold, but that was about as dirty a hit as you can get, diving at a player's knees when he is already out of bounds.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    If Mangold had a track record of being a dirty player, I think he'd be suspended. If he were Suh, he'd maybe be suspended multiple games.

I love Mangold, but that was about as dirty a hit as you can get, diving at a player's knees when he is already out of bounds.
    When he dove Talib was still inbounds, he danced out after Mangold left his feet. If Talib kept running up the sidelines, as I suspect Mangold expected, the hit would have been fine.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post

/endrant
    I'm really disappointed in Mangold. I thought he was way better than that. That was an intentional shot at a player's knees and regardless of anything a player does, they don't deserve that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post

I'd love to spin it, blame it on the showboating, but yeah, have to agree. No idea what he was thinking.

Heck, I'd forgive him if he just blew up his mid-section tp prove a point....but the knee thing....cant rationalize that to be anything more than it was, a dirty, dangerous, impulsive f-up.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    He will get fined but no way he'll get suspended. If someone hit our player like that would you lobby for a suspension?
    Public castration and execution more than likely would be the most popular forms of punishment.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'd love to spin it, blame it on the showboating, but yeah, have to agree. No idea what he was thinking.

Heck, I'd forgive him if he just blew up his mid-section to prove a point....but the knee thing....cant rationalize that to be anything more than it was, a dirty, dangerous, impulsive f-up.

-
    This. Well said.

I'm sure Talib is getting an ass chewing today too. BB is about situation football that the best thing to do there was to go to the ground. The game was won. t

On Mangold, I'm going to call it "heat of the game".

Shoving a ref and throwing punches is completely bone-headed though.

Should make for a good rematch though

At least he didn't dive at his own teammates knees

Dirty. Should be fined.

#yoloswag

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd like to know how the Jets had three penalties and two players ejected while the Pats went completely scott free.

LOL at possible suspsension.
    1- Mangold has zero negative history
    2- Player was in bounds
    3- Suh has long history and went after knees of player in bounds and got zero suspension.

Stop overreacting

yea it was a bull**** flag. if you run with the ball you get hit, period

Jets Insider VIP
    The game was over at that point so Mangold's hit is irrelavent at that point; however, it stirred a bench emptying which to me shows how tight this team is. Next game at our house is going to be a war and NE knows it.

Without the bench emptying no message would be sent. Brady comes to town next time and knows he will be in for FIGHT.