Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The ball clearly moved a lot on the TD, I'm sorry, you cannot seriously argue that should have been a TD.

I said this earlier, but the Jets TD reversal was weird because there was never an angle where we saw the ball hit the ground. Frankly I believe they made a judgement call, because they outright guessed on the original call. I actually didn't really have a problem with the reversal

The reversal on the turnover was odd only because the explanation didn't really make sense. If the 2nd foot came down its a catch.

I agree with your general point, though. The refs weren't bad. There were PI calls both ways that could have been called, but overall this is not the reason the Jets lost.

I agree that the Pats were terrible in the game. Frankly, Brady and the receivers threw away 21 points. (Jets qb/wr only threw away 13). The team that played yesterday was an 8-8 team. But they do have players coming back
    How, exactly, did the Pats throw away 21 points?

The officiating issues become compounded even more when the owner of said team that has benefitted way more than have been hurt by borderline calls. I dont know how many other team owners are on the officiating committee.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The ball clearly moved a lot on the TD, I'm sorry, you cannot seriously argue that should have been a TD.

I said this earlier, but the Jets TD reversal was weird because there was never an angle where we saw the ball hit the ground. Frankly I believe they made a judgement call, because they outright guessed on the original call. I actually didn't really have a problem with the reversal
    Bro, you have no understanding of the rule.

The call on the field was touchdown.

There was not a single view in replay that showed the ball hit the ground. (As you state also)

If there is not conclusive visual evidence that shows differently the call should stand.

What is debatable in the replays - did Gates & the Patriot defender grab the ball at the same time after it bobbled up in the air, or did the Patriot grab it 1st & then Gates reached in also.

What is also debatable ... Once the ball bobbled in the air and possession occurred by either the patriot or jointly by Gates & the Patriot was any part of the ball over the plane of the goal line, or was the entire ball on the 1 yard line.

What is not debatable is that we do not see the ball touch the ground.

There is no such this as a judgement call in the review to change the ruling to what I think happened.

Touchdown, interception, ball on 1 yard line were all legit possible calls.

Incompletion was not.