Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Mornhinweg last the season?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    TO MODS:

T
    his poster is trolling and needs to be warned/banned
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Let's see. Last year guys were NEVER open. There were never any missed plays because none of the plays ever resulted in a player getting open via the scheme. It was all based on a "beat your man" mentality, and we didn't have guys that would beat their man. This year guys are open all over the field. If Hill and Gates could hold on to the ball we win the game. If Geno makes a better throw to Powell down the sideline or sees Hill wide open in the seam in the EZX we win this game. If all those things were executed well we win this game RUNNING AWAY! Could we have gone to more running plays? Sure I agree. You can second guess every call of every game. But we didn't lose due to the offensive scheme. The scheme put us in a great position to succeed. The players didn't execute. Period.
    No, the scheme will put you in a position to win IF THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT AND THE DEFENSE ALLOWS IT. Last night neither of these two things occured and our OC couldn't see it or adjust to it. He deserves what he's getting today from Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Let's see. Last year guys were NEVER open. There were never any missed plays because none of the plays ever resulted in a player getting open via the scheme. It was all based on a "beat your man" mentality, and we didn't have guys that would beat their man. This year guys are open all over the field. If Hill and Gates could hold on to the ball we win the game. If Geno makes a better throw to Powell down the sideline or sees Hill wide open in the seam in the EZX we win this game. If all those things were executed well we win this game RUNNING AWAY! Could we have gone to more running plays? Sure I agree. You can second guess every call of every game. But we didn't lose due to the offensive scheme. The scheme put us in a great position to succeed. The players didn't execute. Period.
    Well said nice to see someone who watches a game and actually sees whats going on.
    like Ducasse had a good game the announcers were raving on him but it was not great he got beat a few times but thats football the other guy wins on plays too.
    you can see the potential for physical domination from him its the mental part they need to get right

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    You people are insane MM called a good game the execution was poor gates was open deep geno under threw both balls one bounces off his chest no help from gates there. The second throw which was picked if thrown well could have gone for six as he had the db beat and the safety was out of position under throw and picked. the weather had nothing to do with it we have guys that dont catch well. free agents have warts look at the pats recievers doing the same thing. Bad plays by Geno and Gates and Hill killed us all day. Geno needs to plant that foot and throw with authority i know easier said then done buy a rookie. Dont blame Marty fro this loss if he ran and we got stuffed you would be crying that they should have passed the ball. I you want to complain about MM ask why he didnt attack there safties with our TE's.Thats a legit argument and his defense would be did you see all the free runners we had on the corners and we missed them all day. Geno had a bad game move on he is a rookie if he dosent improve he will be gone fast if he does he has potential to be really good.

The weather had nothing to do with it??? How did Geno complete 63% of his passes last week then? Maybe he wasn't playing in a teeming rainstorm? Maybe his recievers weren't soaked to the bone? Maybe the Bucs D was tougher against the run than the pass?

Why are you making excuses for this OC? He deserves everything he's getting right now and it's not the first time he's heard it. The guy don't LEARN! We need an OC that LEARNS.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Can't blame the OC. He is stuck working with a squad that has no talent.

I would like to see what he does with real players before I judge him. Unfortunately that's at least a year away.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post

But "Will Mornhinweg last the season?"... this thread is ridiculous.
    Agreed. Go take a nap, billygreen.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No, the scheme will put you in a position to win IF THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT AND THE DEFENSE ALLOWS IT. Last night neither of these two things occured and our OC couldn't see it or adjust to it. He deserves what he's getting today from Jets fans.
    again you watched the game really watched it because you missed it from where i am sitting the weather was a non factor the ball was late and under thrown period. brady had no trouble hitting his guys in the hands and head they just cant catch so blaming the weather is a cope out. The pats D was not good at all they also were a non factor the plays were there we left then on the field you can say Geno lost the game its no shame it happens to rookies all the time. if you want to blame Gates go ahead

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Two games in and we're already calling for the head of the OC?

Worst f'ing fanbase in the world.....
    Unbelievable.

they couldnt catch a cold before the rain in the first half whats your excuse there

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Can't blame the OC. He is stuck working with a squad that has no talent.

I would like to see what he does with real players before I judge him. Unfortunately that's at least a year away.

Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second (now I sound like Mike Francesa). If his recievers are no good then how did Geno complete 63% of his passes last week?

WAIT A SECOND, didn't you just say his recievers are no good? Well they were okay last week weren't they? What happened up in New England last night? They all of a sudden became no good? No sir... your receivers are okay... but your OC is a ONE-DIMENSIONAL COACH WHO CAN'T ADAPT TO GAMETIME CONDITIONS.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second (now I sound like Mike Francesa). If his recievers are no good then how did Geno complete 63% of his passes last week?

WAIT A SECOND, didn't you just say his recievers are no good? Well they were okay last week weren't they? What happened up in New England last night? They all of a sudden became no good? No sir... your receivers are okay... but your OC is a ONE-DIMENSIONAL COACH WHO CAN'T ADAPT TO GAMETIME CONDITIONS.
    Lets be honest last week was a gift. The Bucs are a talentless team like us.

(now I sound like Mike Francesa).
    Difference is he gets paid to be an annoying idiot.

Hall Of Fame

So shouldnt that same logic be applied to the OC???

The weather had nothing to do with it??? How did Geno complete 63% of his passes last week then? Maybe he wasn't playing in a teeming rainstorm? Maybe his recievers weren't soaked to the bone? Maybe the Bucs D was tougher against the run than the pass?

Why are you making excuses for this OC? He deserves everything he's getting right now and it's not the first time he's heard it. The guy don't LEARN! We need an OC that LEARNS.
    Seems like your in love with Geno which is cool. i have no problem with that but he played bad last night it happens Milner played bad and saw the bench it happens. This game is hard you have to know what your doing all the time and rookies dont always know what there doing in time. Doesnt make either a bust means they need to grow. You can say it Geno lost the game not some old guy on the sidelines calling the plays that were there for the taking.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I can't believe someone took up forum space for this nonsense.