Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playmakers, Playmakers, Playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    FS Jairus Byrd
    OLB Brian Orakpo
    WR Kenny Britt

Draft - Sammy Watkins WR (1)
    De'Anthony Thomas RB/WR (2)
    Then a TE/CB with our duel 3rd rounders.
    Make a choice considering Thomas might not be available when we pick in the 2nd.Watkins, or trade down in the 1st and grab Thomas.Which is what i would do

Lee just went down with what looks like a nasty knee injury. Couldnt walk off field and just got carted into locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by ryu79 View Post
    Lee just went down with what looks like a nasty knee injury. Couldnt walk off field and just got carted into locker room.
    Just saw that. Bad news for that family. Hope he recovers but this could mean that he will either stay another year or enter the draft with some serious questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Just saw that. Bad news for that family. Hope he recovers but this could mean that he will either stay another year or enter the draft with some serious questions.
    USC is imploding, so pretty sure Lee will come out, but maybe this causes him to fall a bit like Keenan Allen did last year, albeit not that drastic.

DeAnthony Thomas also was hurt, but didn't seem like it was too serious. Although, his replacement played really well as well, which gives you pause about how much of his playing ability comes from that open system which allows speed guys to thrive, similar to how Kenjon Barner and Tavon Austin were studs last year.

All Pro
    Mike Evans (A&M) also went down with a leg injury. He hurt it while making a TD catch in triple coverage in the 2nd quarter. Not sure if it was serious or if he returned in the 2nd half, but he looked to be in a lot of pain as he limped off.

Sammy Watkins had a couple of nice plays against Georgia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd6L5AZxE1s

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Mike Evans (A&M) also went down with a leg injury. He hurt it while making a TD catch in triple coverage in the 2nd quarter. Not sure if it was serious or if he returned in the 2nd half, but he looked to be in a lot of pain as he limped off.
    Evans seemed fine, he returned to the game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Watching a good LSU/Mississippi State game. Odell Beckham Jr. is looking special. Landry is good. Jameon Lewis looks beastly in this game.

Marqise Lee injury & USC's horrible QB play is a blessing in disguise for a team like us.

If we select in the middle of the draft, Lee will definitely be there for the taking.
    Best part about the injury, it didn't damage any ligaments. He just needs to heal up.
    He could be our 1st rd steal because at this rate, Watkins & Evans will be picked before him.
    Lee might very well be more ready & better than both those players come this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Watching a good LSU/Mississippi State game. Odell Beckham Jr. is looking special. Landry is good. Jameon Lewis looks beastly in this game.
    I agree with Odell Beckman Jr. He's my #3 WR, behind Lee & Watkins. Evans 4th.

What do y'all think of Marion Grice?
    Dude on BR has him ranked as his #1 RB prospect right now. Out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    What do y'all think of Marion Grice?
    Dude on BR has him ranked as his #1 RB prospect right now. Out of left field.
    I love Grice. The kid has a nose for the end zone. He makes good cuts and hits the hole quickly. If the run game isn't there he is deadly in the pass game too.

Another WR to keep an eye on is Jaelen Strong from ASU. I'm not sure if he'll declare because he's only a redshirt sophomore. Plus it's his first year at ASU after transferring from community college. He's 6'4 205 runs around 4.5 and has VERY strong hands.

All Pro
    I really like Marqise Lee because he is a very fluid and natural athlete. He gets in and out of breaks fast, is mobile, quick and he has great control over his Body, may it be in a short area or in space. He is a Little smaller which I dont like but he to me seems like a younger Santonio Holmes with a better head on his shoulders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I really like Marqise Lee because he is a very fluid and natural athlete. He gets in and out of breaks fast, is mobile, quick and he has great control over his Body, may it be in a short area or in space. He is a Little smaller which I dont like but he to me seems like a younger Santonio Holmes with a better head on his shoulders.
    But is he as fast as advertised. As we have seen historically that USC receivers are not as fast at the pro level as they seemed in college against inferior opponents.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    But is he as fast as advertised. As we have seen historically that USC receivers are not as fast at the pro level as they seemed in college against inferior opponents.
    Lee is plenty fast enough, that isnt his issue. He is listed at 6' even and 195 lbs. I dont think he is 6 foot though, looks smaller than that when you watch him next to other players.

Veteran
    Seastrunk or Bishop Sankey. Watching sankey against oregon Saturday he reminded me of shady mccoy

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Seastrunk or Bishop Sankey. Watching sankey against oregon Saturday he reminded me of shady mccoy
    Sankey is my man crush at the RB position. The kid can do everything and rarely gets tackled for a loss. Him and Sammy Watkins are the 2 players I want most in green and white.

How do you guys feel about DeAnthony Thomas? He can do a little bit of everything and excel. I think Safety and WR are bigger concerns than RB but the kid is worth a look if he falls to us no? (assuming he enters the draft)