Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Playmakers, Playmakers, Playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I really don't think 9-7 or even 10-6 is out of the question for the Jets.

And if that happens, there's no way we'll be in position for Watkins or Evans.

But I'd gladly take a playmaking TE like Ebron and then grab a receiver like Moncrief in the 2nd/3rd.

Oh yeah, and throw the bank at Jairus Byrd if he hits FA. This defense needs a ballhawking, cover safety even more than a pure edgerusher at OLB.
    + on ebron. great hands and breaks tackles. he'd fit perfectly in the jets offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    + on ebron. great hands and breaks tackles. he'd fit perfectly in the jets offense.
    Ebron is legit no doubt. The guy I really like is Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. He is an inch and a half taller and 15 lbs heavier than Ebron and can move just as well. He catches everything and is a great route runner. I would rather Amaro than Ebron at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ebron is legit no doubt. The guy I really like is Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. He is an inch and a half taller and 15 lbs heavier than Ebron and can move just as well. He catches everything and is a great route runner. I would rather Amaro than Ebron at this point.
    interesting. wonder if he could be had in the 2nd.

Hall Of Fame
    interesting. wonder if he could be had in the 2nd.
    I think he can had in the second, but in the top half of the second.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How is he as a blocker?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    How is he as a blocker?
    I think he is a pretty solid and more importantly willing blocker. He finishes run Plays, is very active and gets into it at the LOS. Now he has room for development there, no question, but considering how strong he is as a Receiver it is truly what could propel him into the first round...

All League
    Eric Ebron needs to be a Jet

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    How is he as a blocker?
    Like Mo said earlier he is a decent blocker, given their pass happy system he isnt asked to block a lot.

I saw Rotoworld ranked Amaro ahead of Ebron in their latest draft column. I like Ebron, but admittedly, I haven't watched much of Amaro so I don't have much to go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXcCb6a1jj4

I watched that video of Amaro vs. TCU (since they have a pretty good defense) and he predominantly lines up as a WR, only counted 2 plays where he was in the TE position in the entire clip, everything else seemed to be as a slot WR. He does have decent speed, and they mention that he has very soft hands.

Jace Amaro does look impressive. I think I still like Ebron better though. The kid is physical and looks like a freak out there. UNC even uses him as a DE on 3rd and long. I know we'd never use him that way, but it speaks volumes about what type of athlete he is.

Speaking of college TE. Colt Lyeria or whatever his name is just got arrested for possession of cocaine. It's a wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Speaking of college TE. Colt Lyeria or whatever his name is just got arrested for possession of cocaine. It's a wrap.
    Yeah I just saw that and posted it in another thread. What a dumbass. He has all the physical tools and threw it away. I probably wouldn't even invite him as a UDFA. The kid doesn't give a **** about football obviously. He could have easily been a 1st-2nd round pick.

who are the best junior wrs who could be 1st rounders if they declared?

I think Jordan Matthews from Vandy is worth considering in the middle of the first round. All time SEC yardage leader. Working with a freshman QB now.

Hall Of Fame
    who are the best junior wrs who could be 1st rounders if they declared?
    All the top WRs are declaring early. Watkins, Evans and Lee are all underclassmen.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I think Jordan Matthews from Vandy is worth considering in the middle of the first round. All time SEC yardage leader. Working with a freshman QB now.
    I also think his stock will rise come combine time. Seems like a stand-up guy & about his business.

Rashad Greene if he declares is the second best WR behind Watkins imo.

what the heck is going on with Brandon Coleman this year? I have not heard a peep about him

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    what the heck is going on with Brandon Coleman this year? I have not heard a peep about him
    He is a classic case of a guy who Looks like all world but just does not make enough Plays and doesn't post the numbers someone of his ability should post. He has that natural way of using his Hands (even though he had issues with Drops), moving his Body and fluid ability to Position himself. I would love to take a Flyer on him but with those pedestrian numbers it is hard to believe that he amounts to anything on the next Level...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He is a classic case of a guy who Looks like all world but just does not make enough Plays and doesn't post the numbers someone of his ability should post. He has that natural way of using his Hands (even though he had issues with Drops), moving his Body and fluid ability to Position himself. I would love to take a Flyer on him but with those pedestrian numbers it is hard to believe that he amounts to anything on the next Level...
    Part of the problem is Rutgers QB situation is bad. Nova has just been inconsistent and mostly dreadful. It's hard to evaluate Coleman with the type of QB play Rutgers is getting