Thread: Midseason Mock

Jets Insider VIP

Midseason Mock

I'm assuming that we'll be picking in the 18-25 range.

Also assuming some comp picks (5th for Landry, 6th for DeVito, 6th for Greene, 7th for Slauson).

Notable offseason moves:

Re-Sign DL Muhammad Wilkerson

Sign OLB Brian Orakpo

Draft

1st round: WR Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt

2nd round: RB De'Anthony Thomas - Oregon

3rd round: FS Antone Exum - Virginia Tech

3rd round: WR Donte Moncrief - Ole Miss

4th round: OG Brandon Linder - Miami

5th round: CB Bennett Jackson - Notre Dame

5th round: TE Justin Jones - East Carolina

6th round: OLB Marcus Whitfield - Maryland

6th round: P Tom Hornsey - Memphis

6th round: QB Brock Jensen - North Dakota State

7th round: DE Garrison Smith - Georgia

7th round: WR Solomon Patton - Florida

Veteran
    Love those first two picks, but do you really think Thomas could fall to the middle of the second round?

Veteran
    Love the early mocks but just for clarification we are not going too have four comp picks. Don't forget we also signed Goodson and Barnes, and both were UFA's. That right there cancels out two of our comparable UFA's that left.

And I would puke if Thomas is our second round pick. I like the rest of the picks by position but we have to go higher for TE. This team has needs all over but WR, TE, and RB are the biggest. We have to go early and often on the WR's and TE's IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Love the early mocks but just for clarification we are not going too have four comp picks. Don't forget we also signed Goodson and Barnes, and both were UFA's. That right there cancels out two of our comparable UFA's that left.

And I would puke if Thomas is our second round pick. I like the rest of the picks by position but we have to go higher for TE. This team has needs all over but WR, TE, and RB are the biggest. We have to go early and often on the WR's and TE's IMO.
    I am not sure that Goodson and Barnes will cancel out compensatory picks. Since playing time is part of the formula to determine picks and both Barnes and Goodson are on IR, they may not have enough playing time to offset the comepsnatory picks. It also does not look like Shonn Greene is getting enough playing time for us to get a pick for him. I would guess we get three compensatory picks, for Landry, DeVito and Slausen.

Veteran
    Too be honest I don't think anyone fully understands the formula for the comp picks. My only point was that Barnes and Goodson did play, albeit not for very long. Keller also signed a nice contract but never even saw a snap due to IR. Does he formulate into the compensatory pick category just because he signed a 5 mil contract?

I can also see three picks but more like a 5th, and maybe two 7th's. Or a 5,6,7. Still better than nothing as every pick counts. Almost all comp picks are 6th round and lower except for the big free agent signings that end up panning out.

And rarely are 4 comp picks given out for the level of free agents we lost irregardless.
    Last edited by RobR; 11-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Love those first two picks, but do you really think Thomas could fall to the middle of the second round?
    I think it's definitely possible.

I could see guys like Seastrunk, Carey, and Sankey going ahead of him.

And I doubt we see a RB taken in the 1st round, similar to this past draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think it's definitely possible.

I could see guys like Seastrunk, Carey, and Sankey going ahead of him.

And I doubt we see a RB taken in the 1st round, similar to this past draft.
    I could definitely see Thomas fall into the second, and rightfully so. I wouldn't touch him the second round though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I could definitely see Thomas fall into the second, and rightfully so. I wouldn't touch him the second round though.
    I went back and forth on it.

If used creatively, I think he can be a dynamic player.

But if you're counting on him to be a heavy contributor out of the backfeid, I think you'll end up disappointed.

Hall Of Fame
    I went back and forth on it.

If used creatively, I think he can be a dynamic player.

But if you're counting on him to be a heavy contributor out of the backfeid, I think you'll end up disappointed.
    Thats why I dont think he is worth a 2nd round pick. He did so much of his damage in wide open space at Oregon, he will never see that kind of room in the NFL. Plus I think the kid has a very bad attitude.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats why I dont think he is worth a 2nd round pick. He did so much of his damage in wide open space at Oregon, he will never see that kind of room in the NFL. Plus I think the kid has a very bad attitude.
    Ideally I would want Seastrunk, but I think we would either have to bite the bullett and take him in the 1st or move up to the top of the 2nd.

Most likely he's the first RB off the board.

Would be a perfect compliment to Ivory. Especially in this offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Ideally I would want Seastrunk, but I think we would either have to bite the bullett and take him in the 1st or move up to the top of the 2nd.

Most likely he's the first RB off the board.

Would be a perfect compliment to Ivory. Especially in this offense.
    Aside from Seastrunk I would take Sankey, Gordon, Carey, Sims and Grice before I would take Thomas. There will be a good RB available in the second and even 3rd round if the Jets want to go there.