Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Pats/Jets thoughts

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Considering all that has transpired with the Pats and the timing, Bill Belichick should be considered for coach of the year if he brings that ragtag group to the playoffs this year. No other HC in the world would be 2-0 with that team.
    Or should be brought up on conspiracy charges, fined and suspended by the league, since he knew exactly what Aaron Hernandez was about.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Or should be brought up on conspiracy charges, fined and suspended by the league, since he knew exactly what Aaron Hernandez was about.
    Dear John,

    I'm writing you this letter to let you know that the time has come for us to part. Yes, we were together for those years, and I did give you everything that I had to give, but the day has come that I must be moving on to another. I see no other way for our relationship to go. I hope that some day you'll be able to get through the bitterness.

    Formerly yours, Bill Belichick.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Dear John,

    I'm writing you this letter to let you know that the time has come for us to part. Yes, we were together for those years, and I did give you everything that I had to give, but the day has come that I must be moving on to another. I see no other way for our relationship to go. I hope that some day you'll be able to get through the bitterness.

    Formerly yours, Bill Belichick.
    B
    A
    N


    T
    H
    I
    S

    T
    R
    O
    L
    L

    please

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Dear John,

    I'm writing you this letter to let you know that the time has come for us to part. Yes, we were together for those years, and I did give you everything that I had to give, but the day has come that I must be moving on to another. I see no other way for our relationship to go. I hope that some day you'll be able to get through the bitterness.

    Formerly yours, Bill Belichick.

    P.S. What the hell do you expect me to do with this gun?
    Fixed

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    B
    A
    N


    T
    H
    I
    S

    T
    R
    O
    L
    L

    please
    C'mon man. bannings are almost always a bad idea. We have established that.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,241
    Not sure if it was already mentioned, but regarding the short week; I heard a good point on the radio that this gave the Pats an additional advantage because they played Buffalo week 1. The argument being preparing for Pettine's D is practically preparing for Rex D. Not sure that this was legitimately of any help since our D seemed pretty effective.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    Not sure if it was already mentioned, but regarding the short week; I heard a good point on the radio that this gave the Pats an additional advantage because they played Buffalo week 1. The argument being preparing for Pettine's D is practically preparing for Rex D. Not sure that this was legitimately of any help since our D seemed pretty effective.
    This is a real good point and the reason the Pats just did walk throughs the week of the game.

  8. #28
    Belichick had nothing to do with those 2 awful reverses that changed the goddamn game!
    Funny, people say, "oh, you can overcome bad calls"
    What?
    Not on the road, in a storm in a close game!
    Forget two bad OVERTURNED CALLS, just the TD taken away on the Gates play changes that game from a loss to a win.
    We lost by 3 freaking points

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    This is a real good point and the reason the Pats just did walk throughs the week of the game.
    Good point. The overlap in defensive styles really allowed NE to crush the jets defense with minimal practice.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Good point. The overlap in defensive styles really allowed NE to crush the jets defense with minimal practice.
    Listen, it's a miracle the Pats scored at all against the amazing Jets defense. They look like the 85 Bears. And that's without Coples!

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,241
    Good post. I agree with a lot of what you said... I also think a lot of it is exaggerating a big or overly optimistic. But hey, I know that's going to be part of it when I read a Ray thread. Never really understood the people complaining, you should know his posts are going to be "glass nearly full". But good post Ray, I'd much rAther read excessive optimism than excessive b*tching any day

    I continue to be shocked that we are continuing to go forward with these WR's. Holmes is what he is (and still the most talent we have by a mile). Hill is frustrating because he shows signs of developing but then still continues the things that make you wonder if he'll ever get it. The fumble the other night: last year I don't think he makes that catch at all. Now he makes the catch, but loses the ball. Maybe he's use to dropping the ball so the idea of having possession going to the ground and holding onto the ball is foreign.

    Outside of those two, anyone can be replaced IMO. I'd have more understanding for younger players we drafted or have hope of developing... But someone like Gates, for instance, isn't exactly young or developing. It's just me but it always feels like teams around the league have a decent number of WR's that come out of no where and are productive for their team. Not always starters but very least some solid depth. It feels like the WRa we have, AND RELY ON, would hardly be productive depth on many teams. Anyone else ever have this feeling?

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,428
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Listen, it's a miracle the Pats scored at all against the amazing Jets defense. They look like the 85 Bears. And that's without Coples!
    agreed.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Listen, it's a miracle the Pats scored at all against the amazing Jets defense. They look like the 85 Bears. And that's without Coples!
    The force is strong with this one

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    This is a real good point and the reason the Pats just did walk throughs the week of the game.
    Sorry, not sure if this was sarcasm? I'm not sure I buy that it had any impact on the game. I did think it was an interesting point to think about.
    Do you really think that played some factor in their prep on the short week.

    I'd be really interested to know if during the earlier days/weeks when BB was setting up his game plan for the Bills, was the Jets game a consideration at that point?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    Sorry, not sure if this was sarcasm? I'm not sure I buy that it had any impact on the game. I did think it was an interesting point to think about.
    Do you really think that played some factor in their prep on the short week.

    I'd be really interested to know if during the earlier days/weeks when BB was setting up his game plan for the Bills, was the Jets game a consideration at that point?
    FTR, no sarcasm.

    I'd like to know as well.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    FTR, no sarcasm.

    I'd like to know as well.
    Perhaps just a scintilla of sarcasm crept in.
    creosote.jpg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us