Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My dinner with Tone, take 2

My dinner with Tone, take 2

Yep, it happened again.

This evening I had a 4 hour dinner with Santonio Holmes.

Again, he was gracious, personable and we all had a great time.

We discussed football, family, jobs, hobbies, charity work and life after football.

He is a good man and his work ethic is above reproach.

He takes his craft very seriously and works hard at it. He shared some things about his training routine, how he works at making unusual catches, puts in the extra hours and what he does to stay sharp, from putting his body on a clock, to working hard on his diet, his training regimen, etc. Nothing super secret or earth shattering, but he is deadly serious about his job.

He works with the receiving corps and tries to make them better.

Those red contacts help him center on the football and reduce glare, etc. He said he wore them early in his career and came back to them to give himself a little advantage.

He shared how much it bothers the team when "fans" boo. All it does is demoralize the team and doesn't increase the chances of a win. So let's not boo our own team, ok? It doesn't help get more wins and hurts our chances of success. And yes, even if they F up and deserve it, booing is foolish.

We took a few pictures, and he and my girlfriend have a tradition of taking bunny ear pics. He told us he pulled the bunny ears on Kerley during some photo shoot.

Had a great time. He is a good man.
    Last edited by millsan1; 09-15-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Yep, it happened again.

We discussed football, family, jobs, hobbies, charity work and life after football.

He takes his craft very seriously and works hard at it. He shared some things about his training routine, how he works at making unusual catches, puts in the extra hours and what he does to stay sharp, from putting his body on a clock, to working hard on his diet, his training regimen, etc. Nothing super secret or earth shattering, but he is deadly serious about his job.

Those red contacts help him center on the football and reduce glare, etc. He said he wore them early in his career and came back to them to give himself a little advantage.

He shared how much it bothers the tea when "fans" boo. All it does is demoralize the team and doesn't increase the chances of a win. So let's not boo our own team, ok? It doesn't help get more wins and hurts our chances of success. And yes, even if they F up and deserve it, booing is foolish.

We took a few pictures, and he and my girlfriend have a tradition of taking bunny ear pics. He told us he pulled the bunny ears on Kerley during some photo shoot.

What did you eat?

(BTW, you're missing an 'M' there.)

Where are the pics? Did you ask him about his foot and how it is doing?

I was wondering what was wrong with his pupils. He looked like he was high as hell!

Practice Squad
    Our star WR is eating dinner with this guy rather than preparing. Classic Tone.

We took a bunch last year, so we really only took a couple this year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Where are the pics? Did you ask him about his foot and how it is doing?
    He rehabs every day. He said it is in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    You literally have zero idea what you are talking about. Try reading my post. It was also a charity thing from his bowling event.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Tell him to have the WR's catch the ball & the booing will stop!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Are you high?

What did he about the GENO/SANCHEZ situation?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    What did he about the GENO/SANCHEZ situation?
    Didn't really talk about that per se, but apparently he has known Geno since Geno was in HS. He has been following his career through college and now is his WR. He seemed very positive on Geno.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nice story ... And GF! ;-)

Jets Insider VIP
    He made some nice catches in the Pats game, especially the sideline catch. Nice story to humanize Tone.

Hall Of Fame
    One of the most misunderstood players in the NFL.

What does he say about the rest of our WRs? Aside from the usually PC stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Great story Millsan, how lucky to win the prize twice in two years and Sickle Cell is a great cause, Tone does give alot back to charity.

Thanks for sharing. (-:

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Yep, it happened again.

He shared how much it bothers the team when "fans" boo. All it does is demoralize the team and doesn't increase the chances of a win. So let's not boo our own team, ok? It doesn't help get more wins and hurts our chances of success. And yes, even if they F up and deserve it, booing is foolish.

lol I thought he was high every game

Does Tone know why Hill can't catch?

Great story Millsan, but you should know that you can never post anything positive about any Jet player here because the piranha will swarm and devour you like chum. I BELIEVE IT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF ABOUT THE MAN WHO WAS NOT FIGURED TO SEE THE FIELD UNTIL WEEK 5 AND WAS OUT THERE IN WEEK 1.