Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: My dinner with Tone, take 2

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    He is no fan of Shotty.

    He is no fan of the media and believes the media stuff feeds fan doom and gloom and booing.

    He works with the WR kids on all sorts of stuff. He shared some of the tiny things that seem unimportant he preaches to the guys, that he has learned from others in the league. Up to those guys to take his advice.

    As far as him not practicing hard, that is as inaccurate as possible. I am not going to go into everything we talked about, but you are talking out of the wrong orifice.
    If you're going to say that someone is "talking out of the wrong orifice," I think you should provide some evidence as to why you say that. Just saying.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If you're going to say that someone is "talking out of the wrong orifice," I think you should provide some evidence as to why you say that. Just saying.
    It could be a case of a fan thinking a Jet player is "really" a friend..

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,570
    I've met Tone on a few occasions and he is a decent guy, I will be at his bowling charity event anyone else attending.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It could be a case of a fan thinking a Jet player is "really" a friend..
    That or perhaps the "stars in one's eye" phenomenon. The thrill overshadows the flaws.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That or perhaps the "stars in one's eye" phenomenon. The thrill overshadows the flaws.
    +1 He must have forgot the Jet players threw Holmes out of the huddle because he was being such a dick..

  6. #46
    Sounds like he's a good dude off the field. If he were helping us win, then we'd all be happier with him. Not really his fault though because our QB sucks. Did he say anything about our QBs?

    Thanks for sharing.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Do you blame him for flipping his lid while playing in that horrendous Sparano offense? Whether you like it or not, Tone is the #1 receiver on this team. He's a good player. I hope he stays on the roster for a few more years to help Geno and bring along Hill and Kerley. And the healthier he gets and more familiar he gets with the MM offense, he's going to show his talents.
    Ha the issue above was I stated its be known he doesn't like to practice in camp. I was accused of making bs up so I provided proof of the truth about 2012 camp issue.. We don't know if he was heathy enough to come back to this yrs camp early but seems he was sprinting on sidelines by himself well before he started doing anything in practice.. Some blind homers will defend him till no end just because he is a jet or they were at a event with him and now he can't do wrong in their eyes.. Like I said I like having Holmes on the team despite his attitude shortcomings.. If they entertain the idea of bringing him back it can't be guaranteed and I hope he will give the jets a discount since he has been grossly overpaid from MTs contract..

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol shocker Ray your coming in defense of a jet player, I'm shocked hey I'm not saying he is any worse than prima dona WRs on other teams but the guy called his teammates on multiple occasions to the press.. You gonna say that never happened? as a guy who defends jet players 100% of the time who's side did u take when Holmes twice in two weeks said in interviews the Oline was weak? And just to prove you wrong about 2012 training camp incident, rex is quoted trying to put out the flames " of holmes " mini meltdown" and Holmes Himself confirmed it..Totally bs huh? Lol.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jets-practice/
    Defending a Jets player? No, I'm defending lashing out by ignorant fans who have an axe to grind.

    I'm not wrong about 2012, because he didn't have any injury. Quoting the rag profootballtalk which only regurgitates the same crap the local scribes spew out doesn't help your cause either.

    Dumping on Holmes is pretty much the same thing the media is doing with the Jets, it's the flavor of the month, he doesn't deserve most of what he gets. I'm also not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism.

    It's not hard to see that Holmes had issues with Schotty, and the entire team had issues with Sparano last year. He's a diva WR, not unlike most WR's in the league, they all want the ball, why fans insist on wanting choir boys at every position is beyond me. But the fact is, Holmes does a lot more than you and most give him credit for, and he absolutely deplores the media, so what he say's and what is reported, should be taken with a grain of salt, it's all bull****, and the media is always looking to dump on him.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,170
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Our star WR is eating dinner with this guy rather than preparing. Classic Tone.
    Yes, athletes while rehabbing should not eat out, nor should they do any charitable work.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,911
    amazing this useless thread has gone this far

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    amazing this useless thread has gone this far
    How is this a useless thread? I think it's doing a fine job of exposing the idiots and SOJFs. Would you consider yourself one, or both?

    Anyway great story millsan thanks for sharing. Anyone who hates the ny sports media as much as Holmes is ok by me.

  12. #52
    Well, I can assure everyone it was not "stars in the eyes". Over the past year or so, I have spent 7 hours with Santonio, person to person.

    I will take my impressions, based on those two dinners and my gut over jackal reporters or SOJF.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #53
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    He rehabs every day. He said it is in good shape.
    If he's in good shape why isn't he on the field more.... It seems we could have won Thursday if he was targeted more than the Gates/Hill duo.

  14. #54
    Holmes always seems pump up to play and makes great catches! Never understand why he get bashed even though he shows frustration at times, players like that should be seen as a plus.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    If he's in good shape why isn't he on the field more.... It seems we could have won Thursday if he was targeted more than the Gates/Hill duo.
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Ray Ray19;4990241]Defending a Jets player? No, I'm defending lashing out by ignorant fans who have an axe to grind.

    I'm not wrong about 2012, because he didn't have any injury. Quoting the rag profootballtalk which only regurgitates the same crap the local scribes spew out doesn't help your cause either.

    Dumping
    on Holmes is pretty much the same thing the[/B] media is doing with the Jets, it's the flavor of the month, he doesn't deserve most of what he gets. I'm also not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism.

    It's not hard to see that Holmes had issues with Schotty, and the entire team had issues with Sparano last year. He's a diva WR, not unlike most WR's in the league, they all want the ball, why fans insist on wanting choir boys at every position is beyond me. But the fact is, Holmes does a lot more than you and most give him credit for, and he absolutely deplores the media, so what he say's and what is reported, should be taken with a grain of salt, it's all bull****, and the media is always looking to dump on him.
    Ray have you ever had any complaint of any jet player ever? If so I'd like to hear it.. Your dismissing that article?? Lol Holmes himself was quoted in article.. Did Espn make up his quotes? Lol .. http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?s...rk&src=desktop hey Despite Holmes being the A typical prima Dona WR who doesn't really want to work hard in camp, he is a gamer I will give him that..His issues are off the field, practice, meetings, talking junk to media about teammates.. But you defend him for calling out his teammates for being the weak links on the team? This happened multiple times.. The issue in Miami when he was undermining Sanchez and had to be thrown out of the huddle and benched? Your not going to address that issue or just blame the entire thing on shotty and the media huh? Lol.. There was a reason why Pitt took a bottom rd 5th pick for a #1 WR only 2 years removed from being Super Bowl MVP.. He is going to be a FA this next offseason so I'm sure he will be smart and behave..

  17. #57
    That's great and thanks for the cool info. I remember your post from early 2012 after you won the auction and you had no interest in meeting him or talking to him so he really changed your view. That's great.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Well, I can assure everyone it was not "stars in the eyes". Over the past year or so, I have spent 7 hours with Santonio, person to person.

    I will take my impressions, based on those two dinners and my gut over jackal reporters or SOJF.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    How does questioning Santonio Holmes as a player make someone a SOJF?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us